Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Calvin 'Megatron' Johnson is available...

Looking for something along the following lines :
    Calvin Johnson (WR 93) + Kirk Morrison (MLB 79) + Alex Smith (QB 77)
    for
    QB (81+) & MLB (88+) & WR (82+)

Alternatively, Johnson straight up for an elite MLB or OLB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Berty's Jets, what time is good for you this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Calvin 'Megatron' Johnson is available...

Looking for something along the following lines :
    Calvin Johnson (WR 93) + Kirk Morrison (MLB 79) + Alex Smith (QB 77)
    for
    QB (81+) & MLB (88+) & WR (82+)

Alternatively, Johnson straight up for an elite MLB or OLB.

What team are you

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Heart is the broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

mikemac wrote: »
    Berty's Jets, what time is good for you this evening?
    I have another franchise game at 8:30 so immediately after that (around 9:45ish) if that's ok?

• Advertisement

Sounds good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

For some reason I cant sync the stats in LM. Must be something wrong with the site. Keep getting an error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Decent play from both teams and probably should have been closer than it ended up.
    A well deserved win for Stev-O but I had a horrible run of luck in the game.

1) Threw an INT into the end zone at the end of the 2nd quarter that was returned for a TD. Instead of going in at the half 7 up I was 7 down (my fault).
    2) Twice in the second half, my defensive backs inexplicably ran away from the ball carrier at the last second turning certain tackles into big play TDs (69yard run TD, 70yard pass TD).
    3) Game was over at this point (one TD in it but no time on clock) but I had a muffed punt returned against me for a TD after the punting team made contact with the receiver before the ball arrived.

Stat wise the game was very even, with both teams putting up healthy running (Colts 188 Bucs 191) and passing numbers (Colts 271 Bucs 267). Not counting the muffed punt it was 1 turnover each, the "missed" tackles were the big difference.

Big game for the running backs; Faulk (Bucs) had 192 rushing (2 69yard runs!) on 11 attempts and 2 TDs plus another 72yards and a TD receiving. McFadden (Colts) had 177 rushing yards on 18 attempts and 3 TDs plus another 60yards and a TD receiving.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Things are already getting tight in the AFC South, if the Titans win their game it will be 3-1 for the Colts, Texans and Titans!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

McG wrote: »
    Decent play from both teams and probably should have been closer than it ended up.
    A well deserved win for Stev-O but I had a horrible run of luck in the game.

1) Threw an INT into the end zone at the end of the 2nd quarter that was returned for a TD. Instead of going in at the half 7 up I was 7 down (my fault).
    2) Twice in the second half, my defensive backs inexplicably ran away from the ball carrier at the last second turning certain tackles into big play TDs (69yard run TD, 70yard pass TD).
    3) Game was over at this point (one TD in it but no time on clock) but I had a muffed punt returned against me for a TD after the punting team made contact with the receiver before the ball arrived.

Stat wise the game was very even, with both teams putting up healthy running (Colts 188 Bucs 191) and passing numbers (Colts 271 Bucs 267). Not counting the muffed punt it was 1 turnover each, the "missed" tackles were the big difference.

Big game for the running backs; Faulk (Bucs) had 192 rushing (2 69yard runs!) on 11 attempts and 2 TDs plus another 72yards and a TD receiving. McFadden (Colts) had 177 rushing yards on 18 attempts and 3 TDs plus another 60yards and a TD receiving.

It was well closer then the final scores suggests. Still feel bad for the stupid AI. Think the INT return was the real difference. McFadden was a man of steel injurying himself 3 times and still managing to get the stats that he did!

• Advertisement

Stev_o wrote: »
    It was well closer then the final scores suggests. Still feel bad for the stupid AI. Think the INT return was the real difference. McFadden was a man of steel injurying himself 3 times and still managing to get the stats that he did!

Forgot to mention I was kicking a FG on 4th down when the Bucs ran into the kicker giving me a fresh set of downs around the 10yard line. My first play on that set of downs was a 102yard returned INT :(
    Plenty of drama in the game, that was for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Things are already getting tight in the AFC South, if the Titans win their game it will be 3-1 for the Colts, Texans and Titans!

'If' you win your game. Bring on week 12 :pac:

Looking forward to our games this year. Think you won both the regular season matches but I had a good win in the playoffs.

'If' you win your game. Bring on week 12 :pac:
    I'm not counting the Browns out, they are 0-3 but on any given Sunday.. who knows what could happen!
    At that stage Dave, the Bills will just be another scalp for the Titans :D
    McG wrote: »
    Looking forward to our games this year. Think you won both the regular season matches but I had a good win in the playoffs.

If i remember right our human game was pretty tight but i won the game you were on holidays for easy enough but you really trounced me in the play offs.

I cant seem to access the schedule but I think we dont play until week 7 McG and I think I might play the Texans next week and then you play them after me, so it'll be a pretty important 2-3 week period for all of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Cardinals 21 Giants 31

INT by the Giants really changed the game.

Both teams had good rushing games, 145 for the Giants and 144 for the Cardinals. While passing yards were also similar, 170 Giants 161 Cardinals.

I went for 4th down 3 times, twice due to 1 yard and once because there was 3 minutes left and i was down by 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'm not counting the Browns out, they are 0-3 but on any given Sunday.. who knows what could happen!

In fairness, they were 0-2 when I took over :pac::P

I've even gone to the trouble of creating a team and fantasy drafting my entire roster just to see how useless they are :D

The cpu trade I was looking for was to give the dolphins James Davis for Garrett Wolfe in case anyone was wondering.

Raoul wrote: »
    For some reason I cant sync the stats in LM. Must be something wrong with the site. Keep getting an error.
    There is a problem on the LM site I think. I was trying to sync the stats for another franchise and also keep getting an error.

In fairness, they were 0-2 when I took over :pac::P

I've even gone to the trouble of creating a team and fantasy drafting my entire roster just to see how useless they are :D

The cpu trade I was looking for was to give the dolphins James Davis for Garrett Wolfe in case anyone was wondering.

I look forward to a good game then tonight Dave!
    Do you have a mic?

Heli,

Can you send that invite again... Having a bit of trouble here!

Myself and Dave having serious issues getting our game started

• Advertisement

Dave, what error are you getting when I invite you?

It's just saying that you are unavailable, and then that you have left the session.

Edit: Just restarted router and ran the network test on xbox. everything said connected and no nat errors came up

Edit 2: When on the franchise main menu and I press start to invite user to play, nothing happens other than it going to the controller select screen. Is that what I should be doing?

Edit 3: Do you want to see if you can invite me to a normal online game Heli?

Yep thats pretty much what i'm getting, have re-started router and xbox...

Wont let me connect to XBL now

Dave, can you play later? I cant connect at all

Oh no I broke your xbox >< :pac:

If we can't connect to each other tonight, and if nobody has any objections, since Heli was here first I'll temp leave the league tomorrow & let him play the cpu. I'll rejoin when I get back on Monday evening. No point in keeping everybody waiting unless there are other player games scheduled for monday or tuesday?

Edit: Just posted after you. Yup I'm here all night. *Insert forever alone picture here* Try again at 2130ish?

I can play tomorrow evening Dave, I've had a change of social plans so will be around. You free at 10 tonight?

I can play tomorrow evening Dave
    I'll be in London tomorrow evening :o
    You free at 10 tonight?
    Yup, I'll try again then.

I'll be in London tomorrow evening :o

Yup, I'll try again then.

For the game i presume?

Cool, i'm sure we'll get it sorted

• Advertisement

So finally... Titans @ Browns!
    So on my kickoff... the browns go all the way for a TD
    The Titans match down the field on the ground but go to the air and are immediately picked off, the Browns give up a holding penalty on their first play.

We then get disconnected

Dave, you happy to go again?

Just lost my connection to the franchise server.....but I clearly have internet connection to be posting here.
    Had a kick return for a td and all :mad:
    Was a bit laggy though

Just got another message saying "Failed to recieve the game information from your opponent." when I tried to accept the invite.
    Then it disconnects me from the online franchise servers.

When I try to initiate the invite process it just tells me that the ea servers are not available at this time....

Do you want to invite me, i seem to be ok.. fingers crossed

Do you want to invite me, i seem to be ok.. fingers crossed

Still don't know how to do it for a franchise game :o:(

Just connected there now so hopefully it'll stay this time. :)

Titans @ Browns
    Browns receive but on their second play they run it into the end zone.

The Titans end up punting
    The Browns agility when they have the ball is literally killing me, I need to prevent them getting the ball.

The browns run it in for a short TD.

M Bush almosts breaks free on the Titans next possession.
    Cook Jr takes it in for a short passing TD for the Titans
    7-14 to the Browns at the start of the 2nd quarter.

On 3rd and 6 the Titans come up with a massive Int when the received pass would surely have led to a Browns TD.

The Titans fumble and the Browns run it in for a TD and it wont let me challenge it :mad:

7-21 the Titans really need a score before HT but throw a pick 6 and its now 7-28

2nd half the Titans receive and Cook goes in for a TD on the first play

14-28

The Titans sack and Newton and then get an Int on the next play.

After a couple of good runs the Titans get into the end zone.

21-28 with 4:25 left in the 3rd.

On my kick off the game dies again.

Dave, do you want to fo third time lucky and we can then sim it?

• Advertisement

This poxy game and its stupid servers.....has anybody else been having this much trouble or is it just me??? :o

Yup, third times the charm or some such bull****.

Edit: Can't seem to connect to live or the ea servers now.

Dave I blame you :) I'm still connected which is never normally the case and given my problems with XBL i'm surprised.

btw when just go to the main screen and press start, that will invite me in franchise.

This poxy game and its stupid servers.....has anybody else been having this much trouble or is it just me??? :o

Yup, third times the charm or some such bull****.

Edit: Can't seem to connect to live or the ea servers now.

I'm happy to wait Dave, you were sound enough to do it for me.

Not a lot to say here

My usual short pass play with a reciever in motion which served me so well in Madden in the past has been rumbled :eek:
    Berty with some defense mastery and picked me off and an easy pick six

Thomas Jones and Ravens run game responded with a TD 69yd run.

Another Jets pick six and Jets TD and Berty is pulling away
    I'm not a fan at all of play action but a 40yd play action pass to Steve Smith set me up for another Thomas Jones TD

We're pretty close :)
    Until Frank Gore and the Jets Oline showed no mercy to my Dline and clobbered and ran me over

McNabb with the worst pass I've seen in the third quarter, intended for Witten but zipping fifteen yards to the left of him :confused:
    You're on your last warning, the bench is calling for ya :mad:

Trounced I was and given a lesson in football

Server went down in the forth quarter but the game was pretty much over so the Jets get the deserved victory

I'm 2-2 now but with a division victory over the Steelers so not so bad
    Pretty sure I have a bye next week and I'm happy to see there are two other human teams in the AFC North, looking forward to playing ye lads

Nice talking to you Berty, I didn't use the mic at all last season but it does make the games more enjoyable
    Talk to you another day

Dave I blame you :)

I blame vodafone :P

Titans @ Browns v3.0 Lets get this show on the road

• Advertisement

Browns receive in the 1st.

Big sack by Willis leaves the Browns on 3rd and long but they manage to get the 1st with a long throw.

The Browns get out of another 3rd down situation and ultimately after shocking defending get a TD.

The Titans make good progress down the field and a short pass to Clark has them into the end zone.
    7-7.

The Browns hand off and run backwards and the Titans get the tackle leaving it on 2nd and 23 and in danger of giving up a safety, they get a pass off and give themselves some breathing room.

The Browns fumble and the Titans pick it up for a TD.

When the Browns receive I end up pushing them back to 4th and 14 and they have to punt from their own 5
    2:20 left in the half.

The Browns FS gets a broken collar bone (Sorry Dave!)

The Titans get up to the 2 yard line and try a QB sneak but the Browns D-line pushes them back and they go away with a FG.

The Browns try a 57 yard FG but come up short.
    17-7 at the half

Titans to receive in the 2nd half

The Browns apply early pressure but the Titans get it on 3rd and long but on the next set the Titans have to punt

The Titans blitz on the Browns next possession and push them back to 4th and 26

Then the Titans throw a pick 6 and it's 17-14 to the Titans at the start of the 4th

The titans are eating up the clock on the ground and making progress up the field, Bush almost breaks free but its tagged after getting the first.
    With some excellent blocking the Titans manage to get into the end zone
    24-14 to the Titans.
    Galloway goes off with a torn bicep :(

The Browns have to go through the air to win and on 4th down the Titans get a finger tip to the ball to prevent first down.

The Browns hammer the Titans but the Titans are in range for a FG 27-14

The Titans tip the ball and it falls to a Brown to go in to the end zone :mad:

27-21 with 1:49 and the browns go for an on-side kick but have no TO's left.
    The Titans kneel it out.

The Titans D-line gets 4 sacks and limits the Browns to 3 yards rushing but the Browns really made this hard work when they went to the air.

Dave, we got a good game in the end and it really could have went either way. It's a shame you started late because no way would you be 0-4.

Browns first scoring drive was largely help by a 38 yard catch by Shockey who eventually hauled in a short pass for six.

On the Titans first drive it just seem like every defensive play I called was the wrong one.

On the first play of my next drive. what I thought was a play-action, was actually a run. Which means when I thought I was dropping back to pass, my running back was running the wrong way and lost me ~13 yards. Get a break on 3rd and long, then I fumble the ball and some fat guy on the titans D-line runs it back for six....

Next time round, Newton decides to throw it away on 3 and 13 rather than give away a safety with four titans defenders close enough for him to see the whites of their eyes.

Then Bethea breaks his collarbone during a tackle... :(

Jay Feely then attempted, and missed short, an ambitious 58 yard field goal to bring the first half to a close.
    The score Titans 17-7 Browns

Key 3rd Quarter points include, Cam Newton getting sacked on two consecutive plays for 4 and 10 yards. Then Usama Young, in for the injured Bethea gets a user pick and brings it back for six with Feely knocking it over to bring the score 17-14 to the Titans

4th Quarter: 8 rushes in a row by Bush have the Browns D bolloxed and opens up a huge gap for Brian Westbrook to jog in a 27 yarder. 24-14 Titans

Then the browns next drive goes something like this
    1-10: C. Newton incomplete pass; intended for J. Shockey
    2-10: C. Newton incomplete pass; intended for J. Shockey
    3-10: C. Newton incomplete pass; intended for S. Moss
    4-10: C. Newton incomplete pass; intended for J. Shockey

Titans get a field goal on their next drive, 27-14 Titans. The Browns get the ball on their own 14 with 2:22 to go.
    Newton hits D.Jones for 46 yards on first down *Checks who D.Jones is* Ahhhhhh Donald Jones, plays for the Bills apparently. Then something beautiful happens. Newton with a long bomb to Shockey is deflected by Titans LB Hali and the ball drops into the waiting arms of Browns wr Antonio Brown who dives across the goal line. Jay Feely knocks the xp over to make it 27-21 Titans. Browns attempt an onside kick but since I haven't recovered an onside kick in 9 years of playing madden it was a bit pointless and 3 kneel downs later the titans come away with a win and the Browns go 0-4 :(
    The Titans D-line gets 4 sacks and limits the Browns to 3 yards rushing but the Browns really made this hard work when they went to the air.
    It's gas, the first two times we tried to play my running game worked but that's just how the game is I suppose.

Yep Mike it was great to chat to you during the game. Did not help however that I pulled my mic out trying to stop Thomas Jones and failed to notice for about 5 minutes :pac:

Really unfortunate start for you. That pass would have worked against 90% of defences except my ROLB was in a Flat Zone on my D, the perfect defence for that play. I also got fortunate in that nearly every time you called I play action pass I seemed to have a blitz on.

Really struggled against that great running play you had and got the two superb long TD's out of until I figured out what it was and was able to nullify it later in the game.

I also think me being there for all the draft and building the team I wanted turned out to be a huge advantage in this one as you had not that benefit. The fact that my backs had 313 yards in effectively 3 quarters of football says a lot about the strength of my O line and the weakness of the Ravens D line and LB's.

3 CPU games now until THE big one in week 9 - Dave, the Bills and that D !

@ Raoul: Derek Adams from the LM site has tweeted there are problems he is trying to get sorted which preventys stats syncing.

The Browns agility when they have the ball is literally killing me, I need to prevent them getting the ball.

It's gas, the first two times we tried to play my running game worked but that's just how the game is I suppose.
    Yep you really killed me, it was a very enjoyable game though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

When is the last game of the week going ahead?

Can the LM site be updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Can the LM site be updated?

Currently a problem with the site when trying to update it. The guy who developed it is working on the problem at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Just threw for 98 yards with TB to Welker to win against the Packers in the last 10 seconds of the 4th quarter. Got sacked twice and lost 18 yards trying to hail mary with the first two downs.

Greatest achievement EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Looks like we are ready to advance

Will be a quite weekend on this thread, I'd say a lot of people are London bound, including me!!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement