Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Madden NFL 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

League has been advanced lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Raiders,

When you free this week? Monday and Tuesday are good for me. I have added you already on XBL. Get back to me when you can mate.

New scheduling thread up on the LM site :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Got a spanking by the Saints(cpu), much like the show the real Saints put on. Couldnt get at Sanchez all game, then he had ridiculous time to pick out passes and also couldnt stop barber on the run :(

Very poor from the Panthers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

God i got lucky vs the 49ers I mean really lucky. Had a horrible game in terms of the AI on both sides being god awful. Anyway scores were tied with 30 seconds on the clock. I was driven into field goal range. Threw a pick that shouldn't have been one. Was like ****. Then my OL made a strip got me the ball back in the best position ever. Scored the FG with time ticking to zero.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Attempted to play vs. Vikings, chose the onside kick, kicked it and internet went.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Cardinals 24 Vikings 14

Rush Yards for the Cardinals at 118, Vikings at 40
    Pass Yards for the Cardinals at 55, Vikings at 179.

Brady had the offence clicking on the first drive, but 3 INT by the Cards defence made sure to put an end to that.

Vikings couldnt stop Williams from running all day, one or two screen passes which worked well, but vikings got an INT from one of them.

Good game nonetheless, Cards defence showed, as did williams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Shane.C wrote: »
    Attempted to play vs. Vikings, chose the onside kick, kicked it and internet went.
    Will you put this in the restarts thread please on the LM site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Raiders 24-27 Texans.

I have no idea how I lost this game. Going into the 3rd quater, I limited Adam to 0 first downs. With the score at 24-10 going into the 4th, I said "Matt Schaub has an INT in him..." queue a pick 6 on that play. I fecked around with it on my next drive, and had to punt, and Adrian Peterson, who I had in my back pocket the entire game, tore me apart with 3 rushes for 89 yards and a TD. 24-24 and I had a chance to drive up the field and kill the game with a FG... Threw an interception, Mr.Peterson proceeded to make the winning FG unmissable, and Adam completed the comeback. Absolutely gutted to lose this one, but fair play to Adam for sticking at it and making me pay. Enjoyed the game and chat, good luck with the rest of your campaign.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Raiders 24-27 Texans.

I have no idea how I lost this game. Going into the 3rd quater, I limited Adam to 0 first downs. With the score at 24-10 going into the 4th, I said "Matt Schaub has an INT in him..." queue a pick 6 on that play. I fecked around with it on my next drive, and had to punt, and Adrian Peterson, who I had in my back pocket the entire game, tore me apart with 3 rushes for 89 yards and a TD. 24-24 and I had a chance to drive up the field and kill the game with a FG... Threw an interception, Mr.Peterson proceeded to make the winning FG unmissable, and Adam completed the comeback. Absolutely gutted to lose this one, but fair play to Adam for sticking at it and making me pay. Enjoyed the game and chat, good luck with the rest of your campaign.

So unlucky mate. I cant believe how unlucky you got in that game. I dont believe I even had a first down in the entire first half of the game. Just had to rely on Peterson in the last quarter to come out. I dont this at all. Best of luck Mikey in the rest of the campaign. Hopefully that is your bad luck out of the way.

In my bad news Steve Smith (my only decent WR) has a broken collarbone and is out now for 7 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Week 4

POTW Awards:

Offensive: Frank Gore (Jets) 16 carries 282yds 4 TDs
    Defensive: Lance Briggs (Chargers) 10tackles 2 sacks 1 Int

Power Rankings:
    1. Buccaneers (StevoIRE)
    2. Jets (Berty44)
    3. Packers (BenSFC)
    4. Colts (Sundalic)
    5. Bills (DangerDavo85)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

A sneaky OT win against the CPU patriots Berty ? Gore won't run that much on me :)

Empacher (Rizzo412) check your pm's

Berty, I wouldn't be reading too much into the power rankings!

I have a big game this week against div rivals, the Bears. :mad: Hoping my defence will get stuck in as usual and game by game I am getting more used to my offence. I have Chris Johnson and he is such a big threat. So much so that I don't even need to get him involved in a lot of plays as the defence tries to combat him thus opening up the field for my WRs and Flacco to do their business.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Raoul wrote: »
    I have Chris Johnson and he is such a big threat. So much so that I don't even need to get him involved in a lot of plays as the defence tries to combat him thus opening up the field for my WRs and Flacco to do their business.

I have him offline Raoul and he's fricking awesome!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Titans at Steelers gets disconnected.

I can re-play tonight but probably wont get a chance to play before Monday.

Am i Ok to go again?

I have him offline Raoul and he's fricking awesome!!

I am happy to allow teams to fear him and utilise my passing game though. Can't wait to come up against a poor defensive line and to hammer them off the field with CJ

Titans at Steelers gets disconnected.

I can re-play tonight but probably wont get a chance to play before Monday.

Am i Ok to go again?

Yep, you get 2 tries at a game.

Titans get a quick TD, give up a big play and then allow a QB into the end zone :mad:

7-7

TheTitans fumble but frankly its ridiculous, i challenge and its rightly overturned.

The Titans then get a fumble recovery and run it in for a TD.

I throw a stupid loft pass trying to get another TD before HT and its picked off.

I then intercept :) 0:46 on the clock

I go for it on 4th.

14-7 to the Titans and the Steelers to receive.

The Steelers end up punting.

I try a 54 yard FG but lag makes me not get to 100% and it drops just short.

The Steelers get in with a TD and i'm starting to get a bit worried, Orton is having a mare, there;s 5:41 in the game left, I throw it 3 times and 3 times Orton over cooks it.

Willis gets in a massive sack and the Steelers punt

I smash it up the middle and get into FG with under 2 left then give up a holding penalty that puts me back to the 44 yard line.

With a minute left trying to get into FG range, I get intercepted..

The Steelers go 3 and out and punt

Overtime...........

Titans receive and make good progress on the field and then the connection dies.

I probably wont get a chance to play tomorrow and then i'm away for work and away for the weekend so can it be simmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Jags (CPU) 9 - 14 Bengals (BigBadRob83)

19mph wind and some lashing rain did not make this a good game for the fans in attendance or watching at home, as the Bengals continued their defensive, turnover-prone, low-scoring ways against the Jags and somehow emerging with a 5 point win.

The defense really did win it, getting to the Jags QB 8 times through a porous offensive line, and holding them to 47 yards of offense.

Unfortunately, the Bengals couldn't capitalise on the defensive performance as Jay Cutler threw 4 INTs, and was lucky with his one TD throw as it bounced off the hands of one receiver into the grateful arms of Santonio Holmes.

Another INT by Cutler late almost proved costly, as the Jags returned it to the red zone, however Patrick Chung sealed the game with an INT in the endzone.

Cutler is now starting to resemble the 2006 Rex Grossman with the Bears, as he falls to second-last in QB rating in the league while joining Matt Schaub atop the league with 11 INTs.
    The 3-2 Bengals somehow take a temporary lead in the AFC North, and look forward to hosting the Colts next week.

I will have a chance to play my game later (Titans @ Steelers) Am i allowed to go for 3rd time lucky?

A sneaky OT win against the CPU patriots Berty ? Gore won't run that much on me :)

Empacher (Rizzo412) check your pm's

Yes Dave we will see how Frankie Baby will do against your awesome D. That is The Big Game in a few weeks. Hoping you do one of your awesome game previews !

And yes I was very lucky against the CPU Pats. They have a pretty good team but I was controlling the game until I gave up a pick near the half. Then I missed a 50 yard FG as time expired and the game went to OT. Pats won the toss but I managed to stop them and then Frankie gained me the yards to kick the winning FG.

Dave, did you get Rugby Challange? Pretty good game but I'm crap at it ! Ok against fellow crap IMGers but not against randomners. Leinster underrated !!!

@ Raoul and Power Rankings. Yep, not reading too much into them - Ben should be top methinks !

Berty44 wrote: »
    Yes Dave we will see how Frankie Baby will do against your awesome D. That is The Big Game in a few weeks. Hoping you do one of your awesome game previews !

And yes I was very lucky against the CPU Pats. They have a pretty good team but I was controlling the game until I gave up a pick near the half. Then I missed a 50 yard FG as time expired and the game went to OT. Pats won the toss but I managed to stop them and then Frankie gained me the yards to kick the winning FG.

Dave, did you get Rugby Challange? Pretty good game but I'm crap at it ! Ok against fellow crap IMGers but not against randomners. Leinster underrated !!!

@ Raoul and Power Rankings. Yep, not reading too much into them - Ben should be top methinks !

If I had a QB I might be :pac: This is my last Human game for about 5 weeks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'm at a record of 37-39 online now, and currently on a 7 game win streak :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are you in our franchise?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

mikemac wrote: »

No Mike, I'm still not confident enough. However, I will play next years edition, or if you decide to do a new one after this current one has come to a close then I'll join that. I'd rather have a chance to do the draft with you all so I can pick my own players, etc.

Titans @ Steelers attempt 3.

Steelers receive and are sacked big on their first possession and end up punting.

I dont have much success on the ground but am on 4th and 1 and go for it and dont make it.

The Steelers get into the end zone after a long drive

The Titans and Steelers both get FGs

3-10 at the half and Titans to receive

Titans get a TD with 2:43 left
    10-10

I stop the Steelers on 4th and inches and they have to punt

The Titans are forced to punt with 0:04 left on the clock

and its into OT again........

The Steelers win the toss and elect to receive and then their QB gets sacked on the first play and the Steelers are forced to punt.

Bush gets a massive run and gets hit and fcuking fumbles :mad::mad: on the resulting play the Steelers run it in.

I didnt deserve to win anyway. I'm just running the ball as I've no faith in my QBs and the Steelers kicked my ass on the ground.

I need a QB badly

Paully D wrote: »

No Mike, I'm still not confident enough. However, I will play next years edition, or if you decide to do a new one after this current one has come to a close then I'll join that. I'd rather have a chance to do the draft with you all so I can pick my own players, etc.
    You should still join up, there are some good CPU teams. With your online record you will definitely be able to more than hold your own. Only one game per week. Nearly everyone uses their mic now so the banter is pretty good. The games are far more fun to play with the mic AND none of the usual online crap like always going for it on 4th down, onside kicking. Also you learn far more as guys will give you tips, tell you stuff which improves your knowledge and will make you better.

We want you to join !!!!!!

Berty44 wrote: »
    You should still join up, there are some good CPU teams. With your online record you will definitely be able to more than hold your own. Only one game per week. Nearly everyone uses their mic now so the banter is pretty good. The games are far more fun to play with the mic AND none of the usual online crap like always going for it on 4th down, onside kicking. Also you learn far more as guys will give you tips, tell you stuff which improves your knowledge and will make you better.

We want you to join !!!!!!

Agree with Berty, the communication in game is great. and in the cases where people are going for it on 4th or doing an on side kick, they tell you.

Paully, take a team and give it a try. Human Vs Human games are always enjoyable

Agree with Berty, the communication in game is great. and in the cases where people are going for it on 4th or doing an on side kick, they tell you.

Paully, take a team and give it a try. Human Vs Human games are always enjoyable

Just a warning they aren't ALWAYS enjoyable :mad::mad::mad:. Ha

Just lost to the Bears. I played absolute crap. D is usually my strong point but gave up a few big plays. Brees and Foster for him are a big combination! He won 34-27. Good game though. Looking forward to the next one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Best display of the season so far for the Colts who get their first shut out win.

Defence forced 5 turnovers (2 INTs and 3 fumbles) and limited the Chiefs to 1 3rd down conversion from 8 attempts.

On offence Rivers continued to throw interceptions (another 2 this game) but hit 3 TDs on his way to 255yards. McFadden put in another solid rushing game with 91 yards and a TD (though he too gave up the ball, fumbling once).

The Colts improve to 4-1 to stay joint top of AFC South with the Texans while the Titans fall one game behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

McG wrote: »
    Best display of the season so far for the Colts who get their first shut out win.

Defence forced 5 turnovers (2 INTs and 3 fumbles) and limited the Chiefs to 1 3rd down conversion from 8 attempts.

On offence Rivers continued to throw interceptions (another 2 this game) but hit 3 TDs on his way to 255yards. McFadden put in another solid rushing game with 91 yards and a TD (though he too gave up the ball, fumbling once).

The Colts improve to 4-1 to stay joint top of AFC South with the Texans while the Titans fall one game behind.

Looking forward to our game next week then McG, could be a turnover-fest!

I'm off work next week and planning on a bit of travelling about visiting friends/family. May only be available for our game Sunday week or Monday (if the game week hasn't been advanced).
    Hopefully we can get a time that works, the fans love turnovers!

Mcg I'll be in a similar position for our game!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Packers 23-3 Falcons

I demand drug testing in Madden after this game!

Packers defence is absolutely awesome. Couldn't get a thing going on the ground or through the air and if I did manage it, the Packers corners were there to deny me. Twice Miles Austin looked to have the ball in hand only for Jennings or Flowers manage to slap it out of his hand. I had 89 yards of offense compared to the Packers 239 yards and it so easily could have been more.

Got off to a great start by kicking my kick off out of bounds whilst looking at something on the laptop - dumbass move. Crosby kicked two field goals in the first quarter to put the Packers into a 6-0 lead and in the second quarter Ray Rice got past the goal line defence of the Falcons to get a TD.

Brian Orakpo then broke land speed records to manage to sack Tony Romo before he handed it off on a HB Dive. It was slightly surreal but in fairness to Santry he recognised it as a glitch and backed him off from then on - handy part of playing people in a league where there's rules set because I probably wouldn't even have noticed it if it was a randomer I was playing.

If Santry had Speedy Gonzalez in his defence, I had Inspector Gadget with expandable arms playing at linebacker. Keith Bulluck twice jumped all of 20-ft in the air (ok.. slight exaggeration) to slap down passes that surely would've been TD's for the Packers. At this stage I was waiting for another superhero miracle - Romo actually throwing a TD.. it didn't happen.

The second half was all Packers with Jermichael Finley catching a 39 yard pass from Jake Locker and Mason Crosby finishing the rout with a field goal in the final quarter.

MVP - Ray Rice - cut up my defence for 121 yards and a TD.

Well played Santry, I'm just glad I don't have to play you every week because that is one seriously mean defence you have.

Just two left

Broncos play Chargers
    Bills play Eagles

I'm on a bye, dying for a game :D

Just two left

Broncos play Chargers
    Bills play Eagles

I'm on a bye, dying for a game :D

Is the Eagles @ Bills game scheduled?

Hoodle84, will you be playing your game against the Chargers or is it to be simmed?

Week will be forwarded tomorrow. Bills and Eagles are trying to get this played tonight and if not it will go to sim.

I'm around tomorrow then away on Monday morning for the week. If the gameweek is advanced tonight/early tomorrow would you be available for our game?

If not, I'll be back next Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

The Bills @ the Eagles did not happen in the end !

So Sim away ! Hopefully my CPU D can keep up my winning streak .

P.S Yes Berty there will be a preview for our game ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Apologies lads, have been away this week with work. I'll get the game played either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Unfortunately it'll be simmed this evening mate. Hopefully you can get it done tonight. Thanks.

Gameweek has been advanced :)

Bigbadrob23, see you're on xbox. on for our match now if you are

Cool, looking forward to your preview, always awesome !

Ben forwarded the franchise Sunday night so took advantage to get the Jets next game in against the Dolphins. I now officially hate CPU games as for the 2nd CPU game running had to get the win in Overtime. very fortunate to do so as needed a pick in the final seconds of regulation and then again stop the CPU in OT and then drive up the field for the win.

Bigbadrob23, see you're on xbox. on for our match now if you are

Not sure if you were getting my messages on xbox live last night (xbox said you were online). I'm away for the week, I'll be back on Sunday so we can play our game then.

Offensive POTW:
    Dwayne Bowe WR Chicago

Defensive POTW:
    Charles Johnson LW Cincinnati

Power Rankings:
    Buccaneers
    Jets
    Packers
    Colts
    Texans

LM site will be updated now.

When are the Texans free for their matchup with Baltimore?

I'm good any evening

When are the Texans free for their matchup with Baltimore?

I'm good any evening

Free tonight from 9.30 if that suits? Can only do the game tonight or tomorrow.

Cool, I'll be on tonight

Do you have a mic?