Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

Mikeyt086 - Raiders.

When are you available for Browns @ Raiders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

mikemac wrote: »
    Cool, I'll be on tonight

Do you have a mic?

I do indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Keyboard is bust so I have to type every number, no matter

Some great defense on both sides, a pretty low scoring game

Ravens recieved and picked up a few first downs. McNabb passed a curl to the outside but picked off by Houstons free safety Sherrod Martin

Ravens Dline and linebackers were abused and manhandled by Berty's Frank Gore recently and the punishment continued with some excellent running by Adrian Peterson. Houston up a score

Patiently Ravens run back up the field and some quick slants to my second TE Martellus Bennet.
    All for nought as my workhorse Thomas Jones fumbed in the red zone

Defensive exchanges continued and some excellent goaline defense from Houston denied Baltimore until a three yd pass to that man Martellus Bennet with twenty seconds left in the first half, we're all level :)

The defensive play continued in the second half and there was just one more score that decided it, Thomas Jones with a twenty two yd run to the corner

Sam Bradford torched the Ravens secondary with a minute to go but Ravens managed a goaline stand and it's all over

Houston Seven Baltimore Fourteen

Baltimore stop their losing streak to go Three-Two but face stiff competition from BigBadRob and his Bengals in the division

Nice talking to you Joyce88, it was a close game with just one score and sure good luck for the rest of the season :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

A good result for the titans anyway :) Really happy there's more human players this year makes each game that much more interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

After losing to the Eagles last week in a sim. The Bills needed a win before there bye week. Which they carved out of the New york giants. Eli Manning was injured for the game which was a big factor.

34-10 to the bills was the final score. Danny Woodhead is pushing Frank Gore and Ray Rice for top rusher for the end of the season. He ran for 209 yards off 24 attempts for 3 touchdowns. Delighted with the defense and my run game.

Now to Tim Tebow. Madden 12 mimics real live. Tebow had a QB rating of 6.9!!!!! 12 attempts , 2 completions , 28 yards and 1 interception ! Do i stick with him till year 2 because he's potential A ?

I have a bye next week , so i may do a snapshot of the league leaders ,an interview with one of the new coaches and a game preview to keep me entertained :)

Berty Troy is coming for ya !

troy.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Now to Tim Tebow. Madden 12 mimics real live. Tebow had a QB rating of 6.9!!!!! 12 attempts , 2 completions , 28 yards and 1 interception ! Do i stick with him till year 2 because he's potential A ?

Matt Leinart available Dave...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Mikeyt086 - Raiders.

When are you available for Browns @ Raiders :)

Anytime really, add me on XBL, my GT is Mikeyt086 aswell, and send me a message with whenever suits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Just noting that I have sent Adrian a pm and have posted in the scheduling thread.

When did this gameweek start? Because I think we need to introduce a rule whereby if a person doesn't reply in the first 3 days as to when they are available the other person should be allowed to play it whenever they want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Raoul wrote: »
    Just noting that I have sent Adrian a pm and have posted in the scheduling thread.

When did this gameweek start? Because I think we need to introduce a rule whereby if a person doesn't reply in the first 3 days as to when they are available the other person should be allowed to play it whenever they want.

Started Sunday evening.

Actually, just thinking Raoul. Did he not post up on this thread he was going away for a few weeks?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=75014951

He's off on hols Raoul so you're free to play!

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Started Sunday evening.

Actually, just thinking Raoul. Did he not post up on this thread he was going away for a few weeks?
    Yep, he did :D

Will you boot him from the league as soon as you get a chance? And then you need to send him an invite straight away as if you are booted you can't rejoin without an invite.

Maybe we should have a holidays thread on the LM site. I will miss the week starting on the 13th of Nov.

He left the franchise when he was going away so you should be able to play the CPU now.

SantryRed wrote: »
    He left the franchise when he was going away so you should be able to play the CPU now.

I was even the one to tell him to do that. Didn't realise he had. Damn, could have had this game played ages ago.

Alrite people !

Time to have a madden meet (Booze) up ! We discussed it about a month ago and a good night for it seems to be Thanksgiving . So Thursday the 24th of November in town for some NFL and some discussion of the half way point of our franchise and of course some liquid refreshment.

So who's up for it ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yep I'll go to this, I'm in NY the previous week and hoping to catch a game so ill be all NFL'd :)

Sounds good lads, but I will be gone from 24 November to about 14 December for wedding and honeymoon (including last stop Pats @ Redskins thanks to my future wife), so count me out for the meetup and will try and remind Commish before I go to temporarily boot me from league until return.
    Unfortunately looks like I will be missing a few key division games while away

I will just be back from the New York, so not sure if I will make it. Might be low on funds and just wrecked. Will have to see when I get back.

Sounds good lads, but I will be gone from 24 November to about 14 December for wedding and honeymoon (including last stop Pats @ Redskins thanks to my future wife), so count me out for the meetup and will try and remind Commish before I go to temporarily boot me from league until return.
    Unfortunately looks like I will be missing a few key division games while away

You're missing games with the Ravens

Bring the xbox on the honeymoon, the wife won't kill you ;)

Yep I'll go to this, I'm in NY the previous week and hoping to catch a game so ill be all NFL'd :)
    I will just be back from the New York, so not sure if I will make it. Might be low on funds and just wrecked. Will have to see when I get back.

NY Beers..........................................!

• Advertisement

Alrite people !

Time to have a madden meet (Booze) up ! We discussed it about a month ago and a good night for it seems to be Thanksgiving . So Thursday the 24th of November in town for some NFL and some discussion of the half way point of our franchise and of course some liquid refreshment.

So who's up for it ?

\o <----Thats me putting my hand just in case its not clear :p

Woolshed I presume??

Maybe start a new thread to get an idea numbers or is this an xbox/madden only event :D :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I'd be up for it bar the fact I'm on the other side of the country so it'd make it pretty hard to sort out between work, travel and staying up. Will let ya know if any different!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Yep Dave I am up for it. We can have a big discussion on our Madden game which will have taken place the previous week !

Berty44 wrote: »
    Yep Dave I am up for it. We can have a big discussion on our Madden game which will have taken place the previous week !

You mean the game where Tim Tebow will show us he's a top 5 QB ? :pac:

Myself (Browns) and MikeyT086(Raiders) are on for 2030 tomorrow.

NY Beers..........................................!

When you going there?

• Advertisement

13th to 18th was hoping to Get a ticket to the jets and pats game but after the snow in ny that won't be happening :(

13th to 18th was hoping to Get a ticket to the jets and pats game but after the snow in ny that won't be happening :(
    Why wont that be happening? I got tickets last week. Or is it that you just dont want to go now.

I will be in Boston from the 14th to the 18th. You going on holidays or business?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

sorry guys, i havent had a chance to look at this since last week. may have missed a game, hope i didnt delay anything. should be around next week to resume as normal!

Why wont that be happening? I got tickets last week. Or is it that you just dont want to go now.

I will be in Boston from the 14th to the 18th. You going on holidays or business?

Going with the GF, she's not a fan of the cold and after the snow dumping the east coast got she wont sit out in it!
    I've been to NY quite a bit so I'll be watching it in my regular Oirish bar haunt up on W72nd

Holidays!

Going with the GF, she's not a fan of the cold and after the snow dumping the east coast got she wont sit out in it!
    I've been to NY quite a bit so I'll be watching it in my regular Oirish bar haunt up on W72nd

Holidays!

What the name of that regular bar? Your gf is a disgrace :pac:. Tell her to bring a blanket. haha. I am not a major fan of the cold either though. I will be wearing about 50 layers.

• Advertisement

sorry guys, i havent had a chance to look at this since last week. may have missed a game, hope i didnt delay anything. should be around next week to resume as normal!

I'm guessing your theprince83 on XBL? I'm up against you this week.. you available to play tonight? Been busy all week aswell due to work.

What the name of that regular bar? Your gf is a disgrace :pac:. Tell her to bring a blanket. haha. I am not a major fan of the cold either though. I will be wearing about 50 layers.

PD O'Hurleys, a small and very local bar but i always try to get up there for dinner and drinks one night when i'm in NY, you get good banter about the game out of the locals.

Honestly after bringing her skiing, she'll never get cold again!

I'm guessing your theprince83 on XBL? I'm up against you this week.. you available to play tonight? Been busy all week aswell due to work.

im about 50-50 to be home at a reasonable hour, i'll drop you a pm about half 7 if thats not too late to let you know!

im about 50-50 to be home at a reasonable hour, i'll drop you a pm about half 7 if thats not too late to let you know!

I'm not finished work until half 9 anyways so it'd have to be 10 or after if possible? sure let me know either way and we'll sort something before Sunday night.

I'm not finished work until half 9 anyways so it'd have to be 10 or after if possible? sure let me know either way and we'll sort something before Sunday night.

great stuff! will let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Browns 27-24 Raiders.

Well. I dont really know what to say anymore haha. I am so terrible. Out of the gate, first play, I manage an INT, one of VERY few turnovers my shambolic defence manage this season, so I'm thinking, good start. 2nd play, MJD takes it the distance, 14 seconds in and I'm 7-0 up, and im thinking great start. Another turnover, MJD bashes down the field and I'm 17-0 inside 2mins. I'm thinking what is going on? Soon normal service resumed, and an 80 yard passing TD for Dave. 17-7. Queue Matt Schaub showing up, now, in real life, as a Jags fan, I bloody hate Matt Schaub, but when making the draft I thought "Dont be petty, he's an 88 overall, take him." Matt Schaub has actually been trolling my online franchise. Just when things are going well, he throws an INT. And yes I am blaming Schaub as opposed to my shocking decision making. 3 drives, 3 INT'S and I'm 27-17 down going into the 4th. A nice no huddle drive and MJD is back in the endzone. I get the ball back with 55 on the clock (after an overturned fumble scare thanks to Danny Amendola), and I turnover the ball again.

Cheers for the game Dave. Congrats on the win and good luck with the rest of the season. You asked when I made it 17-0 "How are you 1-4?" Well... I think you got your answer :pac:

As for me, I dont know how long I can keep this up lads, it's one disaster after another and all 5 of my losses (0-5 against Human players) have been one score and as a result of me absolutely bottling it. My defence is diabolical, and it's actually depressing watching games evaporate in front of me. I only play Madden for these games, literally put it in once a week, i'll finish out the season but I dont see myself playing beyond that.

Man its a learning experience. The Colts (McG) trounced me the first season and i beat them the 2nd season and they he hammered me in the play offs!
    What will say is going in the air a lot and you will get picked off a lot.

Poxy computer....had a report wrote(written?) up and when I move the mouse to click post the thing blue screen of death's on me. :(

Oh well second time lucky I guess.

Browns get the ball to start with.
    Newton runs on to the field, Newton throws a pick, Newton runs off the field.
    Next play, MJD runs it in from 40 yards
    Browns are forced to punt on their next possession, then three running plays later the Raiders are up another score 14-0.
    Newton runs on to the field, Newton throws a pick, Newton runs off the field.
    Then some time later the Raiders get a 32 yard field goal to go 17-0.

Mr Newton finally decides to get into the game and leads the Browns down the field connecting first with Antonio Brown for 25 yards, and then deep to Brandon Lloyd who hauls it in for a 50 yard touchdown.
    End of First Quarter: 17-7 Raiders

2Q:
    The Raiders are forced to punt the ball away on their next drive. Newton once again hooks up with Lloyd for a 46 yard reception, before the raiders defence forces Jay Feely to come on and kick a 41 yarder.
    On the Raiders next drive Nnadami Asomugha gets a pick and takes it back 33 yards setting the Cleveland offence up with great field position. It only took one play for the Browns to capitalise on that and Newton to Shockey for 23 yards with a Feely xp put the score 17-14 Raiders.
    Matt Schaub wasn't out of the woods yet and he threw another pick on his next play. Once again the formidable Silver & Black defence forces the Browns to settle for 3 with another 41 yard field goal.
    End of the Second Quarter: 20-17 Browns

3Q:
    Things went from bad to worse to even worser for Mattie Schaub as the Cleveland Secondary got their hatrick of interceptions with Brian Dawkins picking off a pass intended for Chad Ocho-Cinco. Four plays and a missed 51 yard field goal meant that the Raiders got good field position but they too, missed a field goal. Not much else happened in the third quarter other than MJD running rampant on my defence as both teams stayed off the score board.
    End of the Third Quarter: 20-17 Browns

4Q:
    Browns receiver Antonio Brown who was in for the injured Lloyd found himself lining up in the shotgun and running for 11 yards from the wildcat. The only thing going through my mind was "Uhhh #84? Thats not Cam Newton?" :pac:
    Then some time later Jahvid Best runs it in from 5 yards for what seemed like his longest run on a disappointing day (41 yards on 15 carries) to put the Browns up 27-17.
    Matt Schaub and Greg Olsen were BFF's on the next drive for the raiders connection on 25 and 31 yard catches before MJD ran in from two yards to make it a one possession game. 27-24 Browns
    The next browns possession did little other than run the clock down and they had to punt it away. On the return, the Oakland player fumbled to ball but the booth reviewed the play and he was ruled down before the fumble occurred. The Raiders had the ball on their own 34 with 59 seconds to go. Sadly Ochocinco dropped 3 passes and two kneel downs later Cleveland finally get a W in the results column.

Offensive PotG: MJD(19 Carries for 143 yards and two TD's) or Brandon Lloyd (105 Yards on 3 catches with 1 TD)
    Defensive PotG: Brian Willians (7 Tackles including 3 for a loss) or Nnamdi Asomugha (1 Interception 33 yard return, 1 Sack 14 yard loss and 1 pass deflection)

Great game Mikey, always nice to be able to have a chat with someone as well. For now I'd say stick with you're running game. With MJD you have one of the best in the league and it shows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

BigBadRob,
    Drop me a text if you're about for our game today. If not are you about tomorrow evening? Hopefully we can get played before the gameweek is advanced but if not we'll just see what the CPU decides for us. I'll send you a PM with my mobile number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

well done Rob. Not the turnover extravaganza you had predicted but the only turnover of the game was a biggie (Under 1 and a half mins left in 4th quarter trailing 17-21 I threw an INT inside the Bengals 20). That, and maybe the huge pass TD you got after I pinned you to the 1 with a punt were all the difference.

In AFC South I fall to 4-2 and so do the Texans this week so the Titans look to have had a great bye week.

• Advertisement

We're good to advance :)

McG wrote: »
    well done Rob. Not the turnover extravaganza you had predicted but the only turnover of the game was a biggie (Under 1 and a half mins left in 4th quarter trailing 17-21 I threw an INT inside the Bengals 20). That, and maybe the huge pass TD you got after I pinned you to the 1 with a punt were all the difference.

In AFC South I fall to 4-2 and so do the Texans this week so the Titans look to have had a great bye week.

Good game McG, surprising lack of turnovers alright, which was a nice change for Jay Cutler. Unfortunately couldn't find my mic this week so missed the banter.

Tense stuff all the way through, was nervy on on your last drive holding the 4 point lead, watching you tick away the clock thinking I wouldn't have enough time to go back up the field. The INT then couple of Michael Turner rushes for first downs, then the Bengals get in victory formation to stay in touch in the AFC North.

Unlucky McG, key game for the Titans and Texans this week.

A win for the Titans will see them leapfrog the Texans with a 4-2 record and also it will mean the Texans will have lost to both their divisional rivals in the 1st leg which considering how close this division will be at the business end of the season could leave the Texans needing 2 wins agains their divisional rivals.

A win for the Texans will see the Titans go 3-3 and will open up some daylight between the top 2 and the bottom 2.

Joyce 88, how does Wednesday suit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

hey, i've just got the game and would like to join in if i'm allowed, i'm likely to be hammered till I get better but that's what its about. :)

New members are always welcome

This is on the xbox now just to say, there were a few trying to sort something for the Playstation

The commish will read your post and get on to you shortly

6 games into the first season of the Boards Madden 12 league ! Time for a review !

We have 10 Rookie coaches this season ! Lets look at there overall records !

1.Houston Texans (Joyce88) 4-2
    1. Chicago Bears ( Linebacker52) 4-2
    1.Cin Cin Bengals (BigBadRob83) 4-2
    4. Arizona Cardinals(errisrams) 3-2
    4. Denver Broncos(Heartofthecity) 3-2
    6. Philadelphia Eagles(Empacher) 3-3
    7. Cleveland Browns (Davetherave) 1-4
    8.Caronlina Panthers(Bastard Prince) 1-4
    9. Oakland Raiders( Mikeyt086) 1-5
    10. Dallas Cowboys( Limpar) 0-5

So 5 with winning season so far, the eagles at 3-3 and four teams with losing records. Theres no more easy games in the BFL. This season is all about divisional match up's .

Ill highlight two of the coaches team's here who are in divisional dog fights.

The established Ravens coach MikeMac has a real battle on his hands to maintain his AFC North championship title . The Bengals put down a marker today with a 21-17 win over the Col

The Ravens and the Bengals meet for the first time in week 11. Its to early to tell how pivotal this game will be in the division. One thing is for sure Jay Cutler may have had a good day against the Colts today but going into week 6 Cutler had the lowest QB rating in the league at 46. 3 touchdowns and 11 interceptions, with stats like that the Bengals could be pecked away at by the Ravens , come the end of the season.

The Chicago Bears with linebacker52 at the helm have been a surprise team this year. Coach Danger_Dave1 left the Vikings last season by mutual consent. Which left the NFC North a little light on competition for The Packers and the Lions . Week 5 see's the Bears announce themselves in the NFC North with a 31-24 win over the Detriot Lions (Raoul) Its going to be another tough year for the Coaches in the NFC North.

The Bears have the second most overall yards on offense with 2272 yards over 6 games. The Bears have the most first downs in the BFL so far this season with 84. The reason for this is Dwayne Bowe and Zach Miller. Dwayne Bowe at Wide out has 570 yards receiving off 27 receptions. Giving him an average reception of 21 yards. Zach Miller has 313 yards. So the bears have a deep threat and a middle of the field possession receiver.

Will 3 teams get out of the NFC North ? I dont think so. I expect the Falcons to be in a strong position to continue into the post season. While the Packers/Lions and Bears will trade defeats. So look to see the top two in the NFC North to get into the post season.

In the AFC it seems 10-6 will be a minimum for a playoff spot. The AFC South looks like it will go to the wire ! Each team has a winning record . Which leads us into our week 7 preview The Houston Texans @ The Tennessee Titans.

To be continued.....................................................

Cup final day today lads :) League will be advanced tomorrow afternoon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Joyce88

Unlucky McG, key game for the Titans and Texans this week.

A win for the Titans will see them leapfrog the Texans with a 4-2 record and also it will mean the Texans will have lost to both their divisional rivals in the 1st leg which considering how close this division will be at the business end of the season could leave the Texans needing 2 wins agains their divisional rivals.

A win for the Texans will see the Titans go 3-3 and will open up some daylight between the top 2 and the bottom 2.

Joyce 88, how does Wednesday suit?

Sounds good. Wednesday at half 8 good?

Yep thats fine Joyce88, see you then!
    my tag is helimachoptor if you want to add me

• Advertisement

Gameweek has been advanced lads ;)

Advertisement