Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Santry can you kick joyce88? I'll get the game played saturday AM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Would you not wait till sat to boot see if he makes an appearance ? Maybe something RL took him away from the internet ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭Brain Stroking

Hello folks. Used to play Madden on the Sega Mega-Drive when i was younger but hadnt played any more until i bought Madden 12 for the PS3. Have to say am enjoying it. Am playing as The Packers in a franchise at All-Pro level and am 3-2. Lost the first two games but sat down and read up on what certain defensive formations mean, the plays that suit them, the plays that the Packers use etc and spent some time on the practice field. My fortunes have changed.
    So one or two newbie questions: in Franchise mode what level are you guys at? There's only one higher level than what i am on but do most get to All-Madden level? Just curious.......
    Played one online game the other night as the Eagles and got my arse handed to me on a plate. Will be a while honing my Packers until i subject myself to that again :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Would you not wait till sat to boot see if he makes an appearance ? Maybe something RL took him away from the internet ?

Sorry I mean kick him this evening if there's no sign, I'd prefer to play against him than the CPU given the importance of the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Turnover Stats
    Discuss

Nice work on the turnovers Dave, disappointed to be leading the league in fumbles, have been working with my RB's during the bye week to try and rectify this. Though I have had fumbles from my QB, TE and punt returner as well so it seems to be a team-wide problem.

Besides Titans-Texans all other games outstanding look to be human-CPU so hopefully can advance soon...... you can smell the desperation of the bye week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sorry I mean kick him this evening if there's no sign, I'd prefer to play against him than the CPU given the importance of the game

I have removed him incase I can't get at the Xbox again. I sent an invite to him again straight away so if he does manage to arrange a time with you on Sat he can re enter and play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

When are you back? I think we're playing each other next gameweek.

Back Saturday AM mcg so an good then or Sunday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Sat afternoon probably suit me best. I'll see you on xbox live on the 19th.

• Advertisement

McG wrote: »

Sat afternoon probably suit me best. I'll see you on xbox live on the 19th.

Use the jet lag to your advantage :pac:

I'll post once I get back and figure out how jetlagged i am :D

Texans @ Titans

The Texans receive and on their 2nd play they fumble and I recover, the Texans challenge and it's overturned, I then get a big sack in and they are forced to punt.

The Titans go 3 and out aswell and have to punt.

Willis gets in an enormous sack and leaves the Texans on 3rd and long and I'm forced to punt.

I'm hesitant to go through the air as i'll get picked off but i'm not getting anything on the ground.

After pushing them back with some good tackles, the Texans float up a pass and i intercept. Bush gets in for a TD

0-7 Titans with 4:23 in the half.

I stop the Texans again they punt and punt returner drops it! but manages to recover :eek:

I end up throwing a stupid pass and as soon ad i do its picked off

The Texans end up getting a TD so 7-7 with just under a minute in the half.

I get up the field pretty quick but miss a FG as the clock ticks down

7-7 at the half with the Titans to receive

The texans had a total of 15 yards offence in the first half and most of that was made up after their Int.
    The Texans end up with the ball after a 3 and out and Peterson makes a great run to get in for a TD

14-7 Texans

The Texans end up with a FG 17-7 with 3:29 in the game left.

Really up against it now... except I run in the kick off return:D

I go for a normal kick off and just as the Texans snap their first play the connection goes with the Texans up by 3.

I will replay once and if it dies again Santry can you sim.

Will post up the result.

The Titans blow coverage and let the Texans in for the easiest TD they'll ever get after pounding their offensive line.

the Titans get a pick 6 with Willis picking off a terrible throw and running all of 80 yards to get.

7-7 at the end of Q1

The Titans D-line is starting to click, firstly a huge loss making tackle pushes Peterson back 7 yards and then the Texans QB gets smashed.

Patrick Willis is owning Peterson, everytime he gets to the ball Willis is there to tackle.

Willis hits the QB just as the throws and the ball gets picked off by the Titans.
    Bush despite playing poorly and not making many yards weaves his way into the end zone.

7-14 Titans

After pushing the Texan to 4th and 3.. they line up to punt but fake it, the fumble and the Titans recover 30 seconds on the clock.

With some excellent throwing by Orton the Titans go up the field and get a TD 7-21 at the half with the Titans to receive.

Bush fumbles on my first play but it's recovered. He's had a poor game.
    The Texans are looking to blitz so i decide to audible and go long but it gets picked off.

I stop the Texans and then give the ball to Bush and he's a completely different player in the third.

I should not have said that... he gets injured :(
    The Titans end with a FG

7-24 with 4 mins left in the game.

The Texans get in with a TD after some good progress up the field.

14- 24 Titans
    The Texans try an on-side kick the the Titans recover.

The Titans HB makes a great run but just isnt quick enough to evade the last Texans D-man and he gets caught

The Texans use up all of their TOs which leaves the Titans on 3rd and 4 on the Texans 13 yard line.

Orton makes a great throw to the TE who drops it on the 1 yard line.

The Titans settle for a FG and that is well and truly game over

The Texans get near the red zone but throw a pick and thats game.

Some game stats:

I kept the Texans to 18 rushing yards but they killed me with 323 passing yards.

My redzone defense was 100% theirs was 33%
    Willis was the leading D player with a pick 6 and a FF.

Makes the Colts Vs Titans an epic game now with the winner having the lead in AFC South!

How many restarts are allowed again ?

I think its 3.

• Advertisement

1 restart as far as I'm aware. I'll find out off Raoul as I had connection problems twice in my CPU game so thought I couldn't play again :pac:

Lads... a rules question if someone could help me out...

I just threw for a TD... however the ball hit the upright before falling into my receivers hands and a TD was given. The CPU didnt challenge it.
    I presume because it didnt hit the ground the TD was given?

And in the same game...
    I threw to my FB, the ball hit off him (his back) it hit the ground and he picked it up an ran with it. How is this allowed?
    The FB was behind the QB when this happened, was it a simple fumble recovery??

I just threw for a TD... however the ball hit the upright before falling into my receivers hands and a TD was given. The CPU didnt challenge it.

And in the same game...
    I threw to my FB, the ball hit off him (his back) it hit the ground and he picked it up an ran with it. How is this allowed?

No idea about the 1st one but the 2nd one because it was a lateral pass the ball is still live. A defensive player could have picked it up and brought it back to the house too. No idea if it's a fumble on the QB or the FB though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭davetherave

And in the same game...

The first one should have been an incomplete pass.
    From the nfl Rulebook
    Any forward pass becomes incomplete and ball is dead if:
    (a) Pass hits the ground or goes out of bounds.
    (b) Pass hits the goal post or the crossbar of either team.

The second one, as SantryRed said, is a fumble because it was not a forward pass.
    A backward pass that strikes the ground can be recovered and advanced by either team.

Last day today to play your games lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Anyone wanna trade me a player with overall from 81-85 for my RG Chris Kuper 84. Dont use him at all, just a waste having him there really. Was gonna trade him a few weeks back but the guy left the franchise and it wouldnt let me complete the trade!

Shane.C wrote: »
    Anyone wanna trade me a player with overall from 81-85 for my RG Chris Kuper 84. Dont use him at all, just a waste having him there really. Was gonna trade him a few weeks back but the guy left the franchise and it wouldnt let me complete the trade!
    Could be interested all right Shane, have a look at the Bengals roster and see what catches your eye, open to offers!

I had a look and your ROLB Greenway would be my only interest which would mean me giving you Gabbert and Kuper but looking at it again i need a CB.

I had a look and your ROLB Greenway would be my only interest which would mean me giving you Gabbert and Kuper but looking at it again i need a CB.
    Not sure if I'd give up Greenway unless got someone else very good with Kuper.
    Not sure where Gabbert comes into the equation at all.
    If you have any other thoughts sure let me know, maybe small upgrades at multiple positions (incl CB)?

Ya i understand, i'm not willing to part with anyone other than the players previously mentioned so i'll pass, thanks anyways dude.

Browns @ 49ers. (CPU)
    Game completely froze with about 3:30 left in the 4th quarter just as I threw another interception, when the catch animation should have happen. I was down 24-7 and wouldn't have come back so I dunno, either simulate the game or I'll replay/restart and throw the game?
    Wouldn't feel right replaying and getting a win :o

Edit: Posted on the league manager site also.

Week has been advanced lads.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm going to rejoin tonight if I can, so we can complete that trade then if you like.

Perfect, can you do it through xbox, thanks man.

Packers 6-1 going into the bye week after being robbed by Madden last week. Looks like a win will be needed in Week 11 against the Bucs!

• Advertisement

Is there a problem with the League Manager site being updated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

SantryRed wrote: »
    Packers 6-1 going into the bye week after being robbed by Madden last week. Looks like a win will be needed in Week 11 against the Bucs!

Like hell it will be !

Though I hope Forte is back for me he's badly needed. Should be a fun game that's for sure.

So only two teams left undefeated! Bertys undefeated streak ends next week !

adventures_of_buffalo_bill.jpg

Crazy Bill is coming for ya !

Also Helimachoptor your only meant to get one restart against a CPU and 3 restarts against an opposing coach.

Was 28-7 up at end of 2nd quarter and it disconnected. Danny woodhead was killing it as well !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Perfect, can you do it through xbox, thanks man.

Looks like its too late as trades are only allowed between weeks 1-6....

Anyway I've rejoined the franchise and am playing the Browns this week :)

The Bengals improve to 5-2 to hold their slim lead atop the AFC North, looking refreshed after their bye week.

After forcing Matt Stafford into a three-and-out to start the game, the Bengals drove up the field with a balanced offense, until Jeremy Maclin did that very 2011 Bengals thing and fumbled away the ball in the red zone. Challenged; upheld.

Another thee-and-out and the Bengals drive again, mixing in Michael Turner and Aaron Hernandez, until Turner runs in a 6yd score.

Matt Stafford throws an interception while driving in Bengals territory, great play by Buchannon. Then on the first offensive play following this, Maclin slips a tackle to run away for a 75yd score.

Seahwaks get their first good drive going inside the last 2 minutes and score on a 50yd bomb to Malcom Floyd, leaving only 24 seconds on the clock.
    With two timeouts left, Bengals get a short throw-fall out of bounds, short throw-timeout, and a long bomb to Santonio Homes of 53yds and a quick timeout, allowing Josh Brown to kick a 29yd field goal; 17-7 and a two-score game at the half.

Seahawks start taking risks in second half, leading to another Stafford interception and Bengals eat up the clock with the run game as Lawrence Vickers rumbles in for a short TD.

All in all, a decent day offensively with Jay Cutler only throwing one interception as he was 16/23 for 291yds and a TD, spreading the ball to 7 different receivers. Turner & Vickers combined for 105yds with 2 TDs on 17 carries.

The defense stepped up again, holding the Seahawks and Peyton Hillis to negative rushing yardage (-1).

Bring on the Titans in Week 9!

adrian522 wrote: »
    Looks like its too late as trades are only allowed between weeks 1-6....

Anyway I've rejoined the franchise and am playing the Browns this week :)

When would the Browns be free to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

So only two teams left undefeated! Bertys undefeated streak ends next week !

adventures_of_buffalo_bill.jpg

Crazy Bill is coming for ya !

Also Helimachoptor your only meant to get one restart against a CPU and 3 restarts against an opposing coach.

Is there a restriction on Human v Human games. If so why as to me it makes no sense as there is no benefit to be gained. That being said the servers are much more stable this year so the chances of it happening I would say are slim. I can understand the restriction for Human v CPU games to stop people pulling the plug when it look like they are going to lose.

Looking forward to your Bills v Jets preview Dave ! Hoping my boys don't go soft on their bye week !

• Advertisement

Broncos owner. I'll remove Raoul tomorrow so you can play CPU.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Broncos owner. I'll remove Raoul tomorrow so you can play CPU.

Does anyone know if DaftDave41 (Browns) is around?

The Ravens havent responded to me on Xbox Live! Sent a message regarding playing against him 3 days ago. I wont be able to play until Sunday evening at 10 so if not then just simulate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Can someone else pm me the details of how to join, i've been asking for a week now, raoul didn't pm me any details.

The Ravens havent responded to me on Xbox Live! Sent a message regarding playing against him 3 days ago. I wont be able to play until Sunday evening at 10 so if not then just simulate it.

MikeMac closed his boards acc. Try contact him on leaguemanager or Xbox live

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

looking for elbow's cowboys hasnt replied to my pm on xbox

• Advertisement

Does anyone know if DaftDave41 (Browns) is around?

Yup,
    Available any time today or after 5 tomorrow. Should be around all weekend whenever suits. :)

Yup,
    Available any time today or after 5 tomorrow. Should be around all weekend whenever suits. :)

You want to go for 7pm tonight?

You want to go for 7pm tonight?

Yup, no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Just quit my first game online due to what can only be called cheating. I was 10 points behind after he scored a touchdown in the fourth and he kicks an onside kick, which i wasn't prepared for him to do, i've two men near the ball, he has his entire team nearer....he grabs the ball and scores a td off the next play....boys if he had a mike on him!!

Anyway the league manager thing is showing the rams proper team rather than the one i have in franchise....not sure why...i accepted the invite and it was on screen for a short while but it changed...anyone know?

Also the franchise is clearly at a higher level than i'm used to ......slightly embarrassed by the score in my 1st match...vick sucks

Browns @ 49ers.

Game Notes....
    *Hester is as lethal in game as he is in real life.
    *Both the Browns and the Niners like to throw it to their TE. They had 300 yards recieving between them Shockey 152; Graham 147.
    * Although both team gave up 4 sacks, the yards lost were much different. Cam Newton (11,14,12,8) and Matt Cassel (3,1,3,3) :(

Final Score was 20-14 to San Fran

• Advertisement
Advertisement