Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Giants and The Rams unable to play due to connection issues, hella frustrating as I was looking forward to the new season. We will try again tomorrow.

Whats odd is we were able to play in a public game, just not the boards game

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

SantryRed wrote: »
    I guess you want Locker Heli? :p If you want that trade then let me know :)

I have a few offers on the table Ben....
    So the jury is out at the moment on what will happen to the finest MLB in the league (who did come up with an int today - a diamond in the rough!)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

On a positive note, no connection issues for the Titans earlier :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Superbowl hangover for the AFC Champions.

The interception and the 2 penalties were the difference here. The interception basically gave the Ravens the winning FG after both defences had very solid starts to the new season. Both offences will need to improve drastically if they're to challenge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Stev_o wrote: »
    Rob is that draft picked CB in FA or somewhere? Forgot that you have to manually trade him or something.

Tried to get through to you after draft last night but no luck, sent PM as well. When you on next? Can sort that CB and you can give me Beckum too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Tried to get through to you after draft last night but no luck, sent PM as well. When you on next? Can sort that CB and you can give me Beckum too.

Ill be around 6 onwards tomorrow so we can sort it then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

First game for the Raiders against CPU dolphins and it's a rout. 35-6. If I didn't go for a hail mary at the end of the first half Schaub would've had a QB rating near perfect, 15-19 175 yds, 2 TDs 1 INT. Jones-Drew got 127 yds and a score, Sammy Morris getting 10 yards and a score. Rashean Mathis came up with a pick-6 to put Oakland up 28-6 before Schaub ran up the score on the final play (don't worry I only do that to CPUs, if I'm lucky enough to be in that position against a human I won't run up the score). Britt, Ocho both anonymous, TEs combined for 16 yards, Welker got 2 yds and a score, while my speedster Beasley got 73 yards and a score, Jones-Drew got 60 yards receiving, and Jones got 24. Nice start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Yikes, watch the rookie coach

Dark horse :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Yikes, watch the rookie coach

Dark horse :cool:

Mistake free ball is the name of the game. No sacks or penalties either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Just finished playing Falcons (notyalc666) at Panthers after 2 disconnects, while notyalc666 was leading both times. Falcons won 21-14, with Steven Jackson putting on a show with 200+ rushing yards. The Panthers only managed to put up a paltry 120 yards, with only 20 through the air. Ryan Grant nabbed the first Panthers TD of the season and the other was a pick 6.

Falcons have a very good team and will definitely ruffle a few feathers in the NFC North this season.

A rematch from last season, a lot of emotion around this game as Houston looks to avenge last season's loss. The trade for Jay Cutler goes through as the Texans get the paperwork to the Commissioner just in time for kickoff, and he swaps dressing rooms eager to prove the Bengals wrong for handing over the reins to Cam Newton.

KICK-OFF! The season is under way.
    Texans receive the kick, go to Peterson early on the ground, and a few plays later Cutler targets his TE but is picked off by Sean Smith who glides by a panting O-Lineman in for a 35yd pick-6. CIN 7-0

Texans go right back to it, Cutler settles into a rhythm and develops a connection with Steve Smith(s), as he and Peterson drive up the field. Peterson fumbles at the Cincinnati 31yd line, but the Texans recover. A couple of plays later, Cutler throws another pick!
    Along the way, standout ROLB Chad Greenway breaks his collarbone and is taken out.

The Bengals begin a run-heavy drive, featuring one pass as they go all the way up and pound it in from 4yds out. CIN 14-0

Houston drive again, hoping to score before the half is out, converting a 3rd & 6, then taking a sack on 2nd & 7, on next play Cutler throws another INT.

Bengals hope to add more points before the half, on 3rd & 10 Newton targets an open Hernandez who doesn't break his route and gets hit in the back by the ball. Punt.

Cutler heaves it desperately and the DB loses sight of Smith (still not sure which one) for a 70yd reception, Texans in red zone. Half then ends with another INT, Karlos Dansby.

--HALF TIME--

Early in the Bengals first drive, Cam Newton still hasn't gelled with his receivers and throws a pick on a PA pass, to the ex-Bengal Ken Hamlin!

Houston then drives the field and AP scores on a 23yd screen pass, untouched. CIN 14-7... Game on

Cincinnati go three-and-out, setting up the most important possession of the day. Houston still in it after 4 picks. Drive the field, hitting Smith on slants all day long where Greenway would have been, converting a few third downs.
    Red zone; a pick is dropped in the end zone on first down. Peterson stuffed for a loss on second down. Big play coming up, 3rd & 12 from 15 yd line. Cutler throws an out pass, another pick dropped with the field at DB's mercy. Texans kick the 32yd FG. CIN 14-10

3:33 left, Cincinnati needs to run the clock out, Texans need a stop or turnover. Houston brings the blitz on first play, Newton finds Hernandez one-on-one outside for short pass, he slips his defender and sprints 63yds gasping all the way to the 17yd. Bengals now at the 17, and start pounding the ground, get to a 3rd & goal at the 2yd line; Texans need to hold them to a FG and Turner bulls in for a TD! CIN 21-10

Houston is desperate now, and Cutler throws another pick! Bengals get one first down and then kneel it out.

RECAP
    Good chatting to you Pudsy.
    Texans offensive co-ordinator needs more time with Cutler (20/34, 257yds, 1 TD/5 INTs), although he doesn't need much time with this receivers as they seemed to be on the same page.
    Cam Newton needs practice with his receivers too after only completing 5 passes (5/12, 105yds, 1 INT).
    FS Ryan Clark fought his possible demotion as Bengals were looking for a replacement, and he showed up big with 2 picks.
    New Bengals O-Line looked good making space for Turner (128yds on 17 carries, 1 TD) and only allowing 1 sack.
    Chad Greenway will be sorely missed for 10 weeks due to the broken collarbone.
    The double Steve Smith combo looks like it could be hard to stop (10 recs, 194 yds)

Ravens 6 - Colts 3

Go AFC North!

Not the best of starts for AFC South :(
    Titans and Colts up next... so at least someone in the South will have a win!

Stev_o wrote: »
    Ill be around 6 onwards tomorrow so we can sort it then?
    Not sure if I'll be on then. Will propose the trade on XBL, and you can accept. It will go through once Week1 advanced. Won't make difference to either of us as week 1 games played

Surely you should be rooting for me to lose? :confused:

I know I want the Bengals to lose every week :pac:

But yes, that's an AFC North style score right there :cool:

Most weeks I would want you to lose, but still bitter after Colts demolished me in AFC Championship game. AFC North needs to assert its authority over the South (mainly cos we have 6 of the 10 AFC human teams between us) as the premier AFC division.
    I will regret this when I play the Jets though!

• Advertisement

Most weeks I would want you to lose, but still bitter after Colts demolished me in AFC Championship game. AFC North needs to assert its authority over the South (mainly cos we have 6 of the 10 AFC human teams between us) as the premier AFC division.
    I will regret this when I play the Jets though!

We all will Rob!

Ravens don't face the Jets this year, thank God

Ravens ripped apart and mauled by Frank Gore, gave up over three hundred yards on the ground :o:o:o
    An absolute beat-down, humiliating loss

Face the ground n'pound Bills though, now that's a matchup

In other news, starting MLB Jonathan Goff out for two weeks with a broken jaw. My second round rookie MLB is now my starter, baptism of fire

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

madalig12 wrote: »
    I'm really looking for a centre, but i'd have interest in Riggs and Charles.

Ok, What about Riggs for Dunta Robinson?

It'd take a decent enough offer to get Charles...
    I'd also be interested in Earl Thomas if you were interested in a trade for him.

Can't really help you at C though...

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Hey P4ddy,

When do want to play our game? I cant do Thursday night or Saturday night.

Friday night is grand and Saturday during the day is grand. Sunday should be fine too.

Dave (the Broncos one)

And so the Ravens put in ex-Colt Reggie Bush who has ten carries for thirty three yards. But thirty of those came on one stretch play, he was ineffective the rest of the game.
    Ravens coach benched him for Marion Barber and it was back to AFC North football, power run, straight ahead.
    Donovan McNabb is pushed aside, as Sam Bradford has been proclaimed the future of the Ravens franchise. Will McNabb be a dangerous influence in the clubhouse?

Ravens in disarray :eek:
    McNabb furious at losing his starting job for Sam Bradford
    And there was trouble on the sidelines as new signing Reggie Bush was benched tonight for backup HB Marian Barber

Ravens GM needs to ship out the trouble and has agreed to send these boyos to Tennessee for the reliable Kyle Orton and power runner Michael Bush

Ravens are in the AFC North and I'm afraid it's not the division for players for Reggie Bush, we power run here and rip it up between the tackles.

Ravens need to reconsider doing business with the Colts :pac:
    Reggie Bush lasted one game and Richie Incognito was traded back without playing a single game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

madalig12 wrote: »
    Just for next seasons draft, is it not the case if we all didn't go into private chats/groups that we could hear/chat to all on the draft page itself. I'm asking cos i felt left out:(. I also didn't figure out how to get onto the free agency page so missed out there aswell. I think i owe heli a player but couldn't get in touch last nite to find out what he wanted.

I sent you an invite too! And you entered and then left. :confused:

In other news, the Lions lose yet again to the Packers in an extremely narrow game. Ben won in OT 20-17. I'm too tired and distraught after the game to fill you guys in, hopefully Ben can tell you about our epic game in the morning. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

daflood wrote: »
    Hey P4ddy,

When do want to play our game? I cant do Thursday night or Saturday night.

Friday night is grand and Saturday during the day is grand. Sunday should be fine too.

Dave (the Broncos one)

Another Dave? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Just finished playing Falcons (notyalc666) at Panthers after 2 disconnects, while notyalc666 was leading both times. Falcons won 21-14, with Steven Jackson putting on a show with 200+ rushing yards. The Panthers only managed to put up a paltry 120 yards, with only 20 through the air. Ryan Grant nabbed the first Panthers TD of the season and the other was a pick 6.

Falcons have a very good team and will definitely ruffle a few feathers in the NFC North this season.

Thanks very much, i'll do my best to any hows. Annoying start with the disconnects but was a very good game. Jackson breaking a huge run to make up alot of those yards.

Good talking to you Bastardprince and best of luck this season

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Shane.C

when ylu able to play dave?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭davetherave

I'm in the 2nd offseason of my offline franchise and the bears... well they don't really look like the chicago bears anymore.
    The only real-life players that are still there are Hanie, Forte, Carimi, Wooton, Harris, Briggs, Tillman and Conte and Gould. No Cutler, no Urlacher, no Peppers, no Chris Harris, no Knox, Hester, Bennett.

Reggie Bush heads South.. his first game will be against the Colts.
    The Titans GM has some thinking to do...
    A playbook change may be in the offing...
    Either Best or Bush may move to help the WR with speed.

And McNabb will be starting thats about as nailed on as you can get!
    He will be put through a serious training camp this week to get him synced up with his WRs and TE's.

The Titans GM is extremely glad to see the back of Kyle Orton!

Titans play Ravens in Week 17 so depending on whether the Ravens need a win or not Orton may get wheeled out or a few throws!

Mike I accepted that and synced but changes dont seem to have gone through.
    But presume once the week is advanced the rosters will change

I'll attempt something now Raoul.

Green Bay some how escaped Wisconsin with a 20-17 win after a dreadful first half. Green Bay literally got nothing going in the 1st as the Lions shut the run down and Locker threw 2 first half picks. The Lions took advantage of both of these turnovers with Gronkowski scoring a 58 yard TD and then a FG was kicked to make it 10-0 to the Lions at half time.

The 2nd half was a different story for Green Bay as the offense woke up immediately. Ray Rice broke off a massive 60 yard run to put the Packers in the redzone and then a play action pass to Rice put the Packers in the endzone. Detroit went 3 and out on their next possession and gave the ball back to Green Bay. A long drive by the Packers brought them to the Goal Line with 5 minutes to go. Fantastic Goal line D from the Lions forced the Packers to kick the Field Goal and make it 10-10.

The game was more than heated now and the Lions needed to get a drive going. Out of a shotgun set with two RBs in the backfield, Flacco threw to Johnson running out on the flat and he ridiculously stepped out of bounds with no one around him two yards short of the 1st down. Green Bay put on another drive and got into the endzone with 1:00 left to make it 17-10. The Lions weren't to be stopped with a fantastic drive which included a few draws which completely caught the Packers off guard. The Lions got into the endzone with 30 seconds left to force over time.

Green Bay won the toss and drove down the field with Ray Rice finally running like he should. Eventually winning the game with a Crosby FG from 36 yards.

Final Score: Green Bay 20-17 Detroit

Great game Eamonn. Can't believe I sneaked it again. That win against me is coming.

Ravens 6 - Colts 3

Go AFC North!

We can turn it on when it counts!

Early in the Bengals first drive, Cam Newton still hasn't gelled with his receivers and throws a pick on a PA pass, to the ex-Bengal Ken Hamlin!

Cam Newton needs practice with his receivers too after only completing 5 passes (5/12, 105yds, 1 INT).

No backies on the trade, he's your problem now :D:D :pac:

Reggie Bush heads South.. his first game will be against the Colts.
    The Titans GM has some thinking to do...
    A playbook change may be in the offing...
    Either Best or Bush may move to help the WR with speed.

And McNabb will be starting thats about as nailed on as you can get!
    He will be put through a serious training camp this week to get him synced up with his WRs and TE's.

Titans play Ravens in Week 17 so depending on whether the Ravens need a win or not Orton may get wheeled out or a few throws!

Mike I accepted that and synced but changes dont seem to have gone through.
    But presume once the week is advanced the rosters will change

Reggie Bush to play his old team again! 2 in a row after leaving post Super Bowl

• Advertisement

Ravens GM equally glad to see the back of McNabb

Big arm, good at play action, good runner and can truck a linebacker with his size [injured a Browns LB last year, not often you see a QB knock out a LB] but woefully inaccurate on short passes
    And that's the whole Ravens game, short passes
    McG wrote: »
    Reggie Bush to play his old team again! 2 in a row after leaving post Super Bowl

As we were saying McG, he's a good player but he's better off in the AFC South and with a coach who can use him.
    We power run in the AFC North, well I do anyway

I tried to use Reggie Bush to replace Thomas Jones and it was a failure after one game, just would not work, two different styles

Michael Bush, now he's my man

If McNabb doesnt stabilise things, the Titans GM has his eye on Jake Locker..

Berty... I cant seem to find you post on how to advance your own online franchise very quickly so you dont need to wait 30 mins, passed week 6 so need to get my players in, I vaguely recall you advance and go back to the main screen and then back in??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

When it has simulated the week just go to dashboard ( Y button ), restart Madden and then you will be able to forward straight away rather than wait 30 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Raoul I feel your pain! I really do think if you play Santry you need a 10 point lead going into the final quarter.

God looking at all the results. Getting to the post season will be a big challenge!

I have updated the Progression spreadsheet to include all of the draft picks and trades, etc. so we now have a clearer picture of which teams have improved the most from the end of Season 1.

Spreadsheet (zipped) has three pages
    Season 2 Ratings: Ratings for every player in the entire league, by team, position.
    Used simple formula to calculate who's a starter/backup:
    -Highest rated player at each position on a team is deemed a starter
    -Two highest-rated players for WR, CB, DT & MLB (too difficult to figure out if you're running 3-4 or 4-3)
    Might not reflect the true reality of each team, but gives it a best guess.
    Summary (STARTERS): Overall rating of starters at each position group now compared to Week 17 last season.
    CHANGES: Can see the breakdown of how each individual player changed in off-season, which of their stats improved/dropped
    *Again, everything copied from LM site so no accounting for whatever differences there are on the depth chart on XBL.

NOTES:The Rams (1) and Broncos (2) have made the biggest improvements by far.
    Of the biggest total team improvements, 6 of the top 8 made it to the playoffs last year, so the strong seem to have got stronger.
    All 4 Championship game participants and the 16-0 Jets rank in the top 8.
    The entire NFC West ranks in the Top 10 (bad news for the NFC, and the AFC North who are matched up against them).

Biggest Movers:
    QB
    Giants (+8); Drew Brees/Eli Manning trade
    Ravens (+8); upgraded to Sam Bradford Fro Donovan McNabb.
    RB/FB
    Bills (+14); Arian Foster trade upgrading from Danny Woodhead
    REC/TE
    Colts (+19); Pure progression from Vernon Davis, Mike Wallace & Johnny Knox
    Bills (+15); Vincent Jackson trade
    Lions (+15); Gronk & D-Jax progression
    O-Line
    Bengals (+35); Traded for three O-Linemen and progression from LT
    D-Line
    Broncos (+25); Dunlap and JPP progression towards elite status
    Rams (+22); Fairley, Morgan & Taylor progression
    LB
    Rams (+30); Matthews, Smith & McClain progression and addition of 1st round pick Joplin at MLB
    DB
    Cardinals (+19); Trade for Charles Woodson
    Buccs (+19); Davis & Peterson progression

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

Raoul I feel your pain! I really do think if you play Santry you need a 10 point lead going into the final quarter.

God looking at all the results. Getting to the post season will be a big challenge!

Yeah, I was really happy with how I played yesterday though. I had probably one of the best drives I have ever had scoring that TD with no timeouts and 1.45min on the clock. It was a really good game. Ray Rice was killing me in the 2nd half though.

Looking forward to this season though.

Lads, how do players progress or regress, what are the mechanics of it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Dont know but it hopefully will improve my game. won a cracker game against etloveslsd 35-31 last night hope we can get our franchise played tonight.
    I was in a chat party but it didnt include people i had draft picks for.

• Advertisement

Flip of a coin I reckon. There's no reasoning behind it as far as I can see.

SantryRed wrote: »
    Flip of a coin I reckon. There's no reasoning behind it as far as I can see.

But presumable it has a fairly real affect on the players performance?

But presumable it has a fairly real affect on the players performance?

Yes definitely. If they've increased in stats you'll see that. One example I have is in another franchise I'm in, we've just entered the 3rd season and I'm the real Jaguars team. Gabbert has increased big time each season and now has 95 short and medium throwing which has improved the way I play and I can now trust him on throws.

Players have potential, A, B, C, D and F

A: Up to one hundred, well ninety nine anyway
    B Eighty to Eighty nine
    C Seventy to Seventy Nine
    D Sixty to Sixty Nine

F, afaik these never improve

The potential is the max limit, no gurantee your player will ever reach that, they may never even come close

Age is a factor, most improvements in the first few seasons

As they get older the ratings will go down.
    Position plays a factor too. Donavan McNabb was thirty four and dropped two points. A HB at that age would drop hugely. A LB not so much. A CB would sink a lot

All very general, there are exceptions for everything but that's how I understand it

Edit, I'm reading above now it's flip of a coin?
    So maybe I'm all wrong

And now to the shops and this keyboard is bust and I have to type every number :mad:

Players have potential, A, B, C, D and F

A: Up to one hundred, well ninety nine anyway
    B Eighty to Eighty nine
    C Seventy to Seventy Nine
    D Sixty to Sixty Nine

F, afaik these never improve

The potential is the max limit, no gurantee your player will ever reach that, they may never even come close

Age is a factor, most improvements in the first few seasons

As they get older the ratings will go down.
    Position plays a factor too. Donavan McNabb was thirty four and dropped two points. A HB at that age would drop hugely. A LB not so much. A CB would sink a lot

All very general, there are exceptions for everything but that's how I understand it

Edit, I'm reading above now it's flip of a coin?
    So maybe I'm all wrong

And now to the shops and this keyboard is bust and I have to type every number :mad:

You are correct with this. I meant it was a flip of a coin in regards how much a player goes up. He could have a 5000 yard season as a QB and go up 2 points or have a 2000 yard season full of INTs and could go up 6 or 7. That's the randomised bit.

It has bog all to do with his in-game performance or play count though.

Year Name Team Att Yards Avg TDs
    2011 James Starks Browns 34 129 3.8 3
    2011 Jahvid Best Titans 198 872 4.4 8
    2011 Dexter McCluster Browns 4 25 6.3 1

Starks, A pot, 26YO, went from 77 as a backup to 87. +10
    Best, B pot, 24 YO went from 80 as a starter to 85. +5
    McCluster, B Pot, 24 YO, went from 76 as a 3rd string to 81. +5

• Advertisement

It has bog all to do with his in-game performance or play count though.

My favourite (as a Pats fan, Hernandez owner, and wannabe Gronk owner)

Hernandez - 65 receptions, 1075 yards, 1 TD: (age 22, A potential): 82 > 85 (+3)
    Gronkowski - 35 receptions, 401 yards, 2 TDs: (age 23, A potential): 84 > 95 (+11)

+11???! Baffling...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

My favourite (as a Pats fan, Hernandez owner, and wannabe Gronk owner)

Hernandez - 65 receptions, 1075 yards, 1 TD: (age 22, A potential): 82 > 85 (+3)
    Gronkowski - 35 receptions, 401 yards, 2 TDs: (age 23, A potential): 84 > 95 (+11)

+11???! Baffling...

I think these are overall ratings and don't change per individual franchise.

I could be wrong on that though...

Adding to the TE discussion

J. Graham 64 Reception, 864 Yards, 3 TD's, (age 23, A potential) 77 > 84 +7

adrian522 wrote: »
    I think these are overall ratings and don't change per individual franchise.
    I could be wrong on that though...

I think you are right there.

The progressions that other people have listed on page 6 and 7 here match up with our own progressions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Does that mean we could potentially Trade for underrated players, knowing that they'll have the greatest progression?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Are the broncos around to play our game not heard anything from them on Xbox live. Does anybody know his user name on here

• Advertisement
Advertisement