Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Just realised my first ever Human V Human game in the franchise will be against Berty!

hidingface1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 476 ✭✭linebacker52

Bears and falcons will have to be simmed this week to many connection problems both tonight and tuesday night pity as they where turning into good games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

41-3 jets, what a fiasco. 2 defensive TDs (on consecutive drives). Turning point (from close game to blowout) was interception just before HT with me 10-3 and at midfield or so. It resulted in a TD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

That's it so, Bears Falcons are getting simmed so we're done for the week, no more human games

I like this new fast pace :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

mikemac1 wrote: »
    That's it so, Bears Falcons are getting simmed so we're done for the week, no more human games

Any chance of an advance tonight? :O

• Advertisement

Raiders, it's my Ravens and you next

I'm good any evening after six pm and all day during the weekend.

Raiders, it's my Ravens and you next

I'm good any evening after six pm and all day during the weekend.

I'll play you whenever. I'm good most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

But i thought the Raiders were the next big thing......

matthew8 wrote: »
    I'll play you whenever. I'm good most of the time.

I'll send you a pm on Saturday morning and you can pick a time from midday onwards

Whatever suits you, I'm free all day

madalig12 wrote: »
    But i thought the Raiders were the next big thing......

The Raiders are the best team in the league. We will not let this disgrace set us back. The referees hate us but we shall prevail. It would probably help if we could force our opponents to punt even once in a game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

41-3 jets, what a fiasco. 2 defensive TDs (on consecutive drives). Turning point (from close game to blowout) was interception just before HT with me 10-3 and at midfield or so. It resulted in a TD.
    Yep. Basically that was it. Raiders actually scored first and actually led 3-0 at the end of Q1. However they could not stop the Jets at all. Jets tied with a FG start of Q2. Then Jets scored two TD's before the half, Jacoby Jones from 11 yards and then Plax from 21. ( Plax hurt his poor tummy making the catch and misses the game against his old team the Titans at the weekend ).

Jets got the ball at start of Q3 and Gore ran it in from 48yards. Raiders were struggling to go anywhere either going 3 and out or turning the ball over ( Raji returned a fumble for a TD and Phillips had a pick 6 ).

After the Gore run early in Q3 the Jets did not throw a pass for the rest of the game but ran the clock and did add one FG.

You should get a mic Matthew, much more enjoyable to play the games.

Nice pic Paully...that made me laugh !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

Who's the Falcons on boards.ie? It's Colts v Falcons in gameweek 3 and if he couldn't manage to play the CPU I'm thinking I may need him to be removed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Berty44 wrote: »
    and then Plax from 21. ( Plax hurt his poor tummy making the catch and misses the game against his old team the Titans at the weekend ).

Probably a good thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

McG wrote: »
    Who's the Falcons on boards.ie? It's Colts v Falcons in gameweek 3 and if he couldn't manage to play the CPU I'm thinking I may need him to be removed.

The Falcons are notyalc666, His first 2 games were human games. He beat the Panthers in week 1, and then had connection trouble with Paddy. No cpu games

etloveslsd wrote: »
    The Falcons are notyalc666, His first 2 games were human games. He beat the Panthers in week 1, and then had connection trouble with Paddy. No cpu games

Grand so.

notyalc666, when are you free for game? I can play tonight at 9 or tomorrow evening or any time (except 5.30-8) on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Has the gameweek advanced?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Raoul

Santry will post up here when he gets a chance to advance the game week. Give him a chance ha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

In work all day lads. League will be advanced around 5 or so.

Can anyone get rid of the poll at the top (Adrian??) It takes up most of the page when I check in on my phone !

Work Ben, seems to me like your work is interferening with your Commissioner job, you need to get that sorted !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

LAds.. expect an epic post on the new forum thread shortly...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Can anyone get rid of the poll at the top (Adrian??) It takes up most of the page when I check in on my phone !

Work Ben, seems to me like your work is interferening with your Commissioner job, you need to get that sorted !

I actually can't do this for some reason but I've pm'd Frisbee, so hopefully he can delete the poll.

Sorry about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

San Francisco 49ers @ The Arizona Cardinals

Every game is an important one ! But Divisonal games carry more weight. More so when both teams enter week 3 with 2-0 records. The Cardinals came out victorious when they hosted the Cleveland Browns in week 2 winning 22-6.The 49ers win seem's much closer winning 23-20. In reality the steelers scored a touchdown with 15 seconds left on the clock, restoring some pride. So a convincing win for the 9ers.

How's this game going to play out ? Big Hits, Big Blocks, Big Runs, Big Scores !

Well the Cardinals are going to look to a duel threat at the running back position. Deanglo Williams and Ingram are Arizona's running back's . They are the main targets for QB Matt Ryan's passing game. So if you control the line of scrimmage against this team you force the Cardinals out of there Comfort Zone.

The 49ers have big Ol Jamal Charles, who falls forward nearly every rushing attempt. Matt Cassel is the QB in Sunny San Fran and like Ryan he has a favoured receiver in Jimmy Graham at tight end. Graham caught 6 receptions for 55 yards in week 2. Which means no massive streaks just sensible 1st down passes. If the Cardinals double cover Graham, will Devin Hester make an impact for the 49ers? It will be difficult the cardinals beefed up at cornerback in the off season. Getting a top class veteran in Charles woodson. Hester will need to bring something extra in this game.

It really does look like whoever win the ground war wins this game. Jamal Charles has 249 yards off 50 attempts in 2 games with 1 touchdown. While DeAngelo Williams has 272 yards off 35 attempts and an impressive 4 rushing touchdowns. Impressive running

If the 49ers loose the rushing war which seems unlikely. I'd give them an edge in the passing stakes. They can create problems vertically in the passing game. While the Cardinals have yet to prove they can pass the ball into the 3rd quadrant of the field. Plus Suggs and Trent Cole of the 49ers will give Matt Ryan very little time in the pocket.

Looking at last year's stats. The 49ers had an awesome run defense (much like in the NFL) only allowing 950 yards for the entire regular season. Thats only 59 yards per game allowed on the ground. Only four other teams had rushing yards allowed under 1000 for the season.

The Cardinals had a good run defense only allowing 1308 yards for the season. Again holding teams to an average 81 yards per game.

Defensively though the Cardinal's created 37 interceptions last year ! While the 9ers only had 14. Contrasting defenses, the Cardinals rely on turnovers and short fields to beat teams. While ther 9ers rely on a stout defense to shut teams down forcing them to punt for most of the game.

Betting

Cardinals + 1/2

Home Field Advantage is usually +3 so the 49ers have shaved points off.
    There is value in betting against the spead in this one. The 49ers have the capacity to take an away win here, Whoever wins will be in the driving seat in the NFC West.

7/2 for 3 interception in this game is risky but has value. If both teams struggle to run the ball this will be an easy win. But if both teams ground and pound then say goodbye to your money

10/4 - Both DeAngelo Williams and Jamal Charles to rush for over 100 yards. Both teams run the ball, but the defenses both stop the run. Worth a punt !

7/1 Devin Hester to return a Punt or Kick off . Need i say more

evens Adrian to cry if he's beaten :pac:

evens The Cardinals to go for it on 4th down at least once :pac:

Until next time sports fans :cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Nice post, but the 49ers have been active in the trading market this week, losing two LT's(bringing in 2 more), adding depth at WR (Devery Henderson and Kenny Britt) as well as bringing in David Hawthorne at MLB. As such I'm expecting a much less predictable offensive strategy this week.

I'm also not sure about how convincing the win over the steelers was, seemed pretty nerve racking at the time :)

Guys I'm having a problem connecting to madden online games. I choose quick match, it matches me up with someone but then if says it has lost connection to opponent while checking online rosters. Anyone know how to fix?

Guys I'm having a problem connecting to madden online games. I choose quick match, it matches me up with someone but then if says it has lost connection to opponent while checking online rosters. Anyone know how to fix?

Guys who play quick matches dont generally have alot of patience. So if you update your roster before you go into a quick match you'll be ready to play and you wont have the guys quiting on you before you can download the roster.

Guys who play quick matches dont generally have alot of patience. So if you update your roster before you go into a quick match you'll be ready to play and you wont have the guys quiting on you before you can download the roster.

But where do I update it before entering a quick match? Also, this problem has only started up today.

Go into xbox live option on the main screen

Do you know where it says "My Franchise" where you come to check your Raiders

Well a few tabs below that near the bottom there is an option for roster and you can update there

Go into xbox live option on the main screen

Do you know where it says "My Franchise" where you come to check your Raiders

Well a few tabs below that near the bottom there is an option for roster and you can update there

Apparently I already had the latest roster but that fixed the problem, thanks.

Maybe everyone just dislikes the Raiders :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

League has been advanced lads.

You've got until Tuesday night to play your games..

Ravens and the tough talking Raiders play tomorrow

AFC North Champions Bengals who went deep in the playoffs for Superbowl III lost to the Seahawks in Week Two

Ravens looking to reclaim their division crown which they won the two previous years and hold a one game lead

Shane, when are you around to play our game?

I can do tonight, tomorrow evening, Sunday evening or Monday from about 9.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Shane.C

Monday at 9 bud.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

McG how's tomorrow at 6 for you?

Shane.C wrote: »
    Monday at 9 bud.

cool...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A good win for the Cowboys this week who beat the Dolphins in Miami by a score of 20-0.

The rushing game was the focus last week, but an early PCL tear to Bradshaw (which will keep him out for 5 weeks) put paid to that, so it was Manning's turn to try and get the W for Dallas and he did, with the Cowboys clocking up 206 yards of a total 305 yards of offense in the air. The highlight play being an 83 yard TD pass to Larry Fitzgerald at the start of the 4th quarter to put the game to bed. In fairness to Tolbert he contributed 84 yards from 17 attempts with 1 TD. So I think I'm alright at RB for the next 5 weeks.

The defense deserves a huge amount of credit for this W, completely shutting out the Dolphins offense. London Fletcher was the main man here, with 5 tackles and 2 sacks, with Shawne Merriman, Sione Pouha and Brooks Reed also chipping in well. They did however struggle with the rushing of QB Jason Campbell, as he ran for 92 yards on 11 attempts (:eek:) so that will have to improve.

The special teams was OK, Henery with 2 from 3 FG attempts (the miss sailing to the left and wide from 40 something yards with plenty of power). He made an important 45 yarder to make it a 2 possession ball game in the middle of the 3rd, however. The kick off and punt return unit contributed nothing of real note.

As for the Dolphins, Ray Lewis was definitely their man man, stuffing a number of what could have been huge breakaways from Tolbert. He came up with 10 tackles. Campbell was next best purely because of his rushing. Nothing was happening for them through the air.

Overall, a solid performance on the road at a windy Sun Life Stadium which takes the Cowboys to 2-1 (2-0 under the new HC) and that has them on top of the NFC East for now, ahead of a game with the CPU Vikings next gameweek, before hosting Berty and his Jets in gameweek 5.

The Dolphins really are pathetic aren't they? 6 points in 2 weeks. I know they're CPU but come on.

notyalc666 wrote: »
    McG how's tomorrow at 6 for you?

yeah, that should be ok

berty may be available after your game with ben tomorrow but will confirm tomorrow morning. if not will have to be tuesday evening are you around then?

could do Tuesday.

• Advertisement

Yep could do Tuesday.

sound berty, will post here tomorrow and let u know.

lads who has one of those black slim xboxes, are they much quieter than the old ones?

lads who has one of those black slim xboxes, are they much quieter than the old ones?

I've got the Call of duty 320gb xbox and it is as quiet as a ps3.. Awesome ! In built wireless as well.

I've got the Call of duty 320gb xbox and it is as quiet as a ps3.. Awesome ! In built wireless as well.
    That sounds excellent!! Jealous. My xbox is so loud. But we have been through hard times. I had to fix the RROD on it a year ago and it really hasn't troubled me much at all.

Jets and Panthers could you please check your rosters, I tried to put that trade through for you could you please check your rosters? Should work since I am commish on the xbox for the week.

Matthew, did you get sorted out with your trade?

Raoul wrote: »
    Jets and Panthers could you please check your rosters, I tried to put that trade through for you could you please check your rosters? Should work since I am commish on the xbox for the week.

Matthew, did you get sorted out with your trade?

I'm sorted. Mikemac, do you want to play around 6pm?

Seven pm or is that too late?

Actually are you free now?

Not sure if you have a mic but I'll have to pause for a minute or two during the game but I won't delay it much at all

Actually are you free now?

Not sure if you have a mic but I'll have to pause for a minute or two during the game but I won't delay it much at all

Yeah I'm free now. I have a mic, I know the sound thing works, don't know if the mic works though.

Ok, I'll be on in a couple of mins

I'll have to pause at some stage, but it'll be just a minute or so. Someone calling around, that's all

U
    Raoul wrote: »
    Jets and Panthers could you please check your rosters, I tried to put that trade through for you could you please check your rosters?
    Sorted. Thanks Raoul, we were 2 weeks trying to do that trade !

• Advertisement
Advertisement