Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Madden NFL 12

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Ravens 24 - Raiders 17

Went up 14-3, was around midfield towards end of first half, threw a pick, Ravens scored soon after. 90 yard TD run by Michael Bush to start the second half, Schaub interception ended it with a minute to go.

Bye week now, before the crucial Broncos game. If I lose that then it's fair to say I'll be looking for a wildcard spot and out of the running for the division.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Good game against the Raiders who moved swiftly into a 14-3 lead

Wes Welker killing me with long completions, both in the red zone and one for forty yards.

The game turned about either side of the half

Ravens cornerback with a pick shortly before the half and Schaub partially redeeming himself with a tackle to save a pick six.
    Anyway Ravens drove down the field with long passes to Edelman and another to my new favourite reciever Demayrius Thomas who was traded from the Colts.
    Thomas was tackled from behind right on the two yard line, Michael Bush powered it in

Half-time 14-10 to the Raiders

Start of the second half and Ravens made a balls of the kickoff return and were tackled on the six yard line. Michael Bush with a ninety four yd TD

Back and forth and later on Sam Bradford to Demaryius Thomas for a TD, gotta be honest I think it was caught outside the endzone.
    Raiders declined to throw the red flag and challenge

Raiders remained disciplined and stuck with the run game, MJD torching up the field but the Ravens D held out for a FG 24-17.

Good game, went back and forth constantly and the Raiders were very close to winning

Ravens with three wins now and look to see what the Browns and Bengals can do, both one game behind. Steelers are winless

Nice talking to you Raiders, the Broncos seems to be very strong but certainly a good shot for the playoffs

Yeah TD looked dubious but I think that 95% of the time you would've got it in from the 1 with that offensive line, and I felt I'd need the timeouts.

matthew8 wrote: »
    Yeah TD looked dubious
    The Raiders are the best team in the league. We will not let this disgrace set us back. The referees hate us but we shall prevail. It would probably help if we could force our opponents to punt even once in a game.

You were right :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭McG

The Colts get their first win of the season and hopefully the Super Bowl hangover is over for them.

The Falcons win the toss and kick to start the game. The Colts don't waste any time and within the first few plays McFadden gets great blocking from his line and breaks through the middle for a 65 yard TD. 7-0. Romo doesn't get the Falcons off to a great start when his first throw of the day is picked. McFadden gets the call again and the result is 14 yard TD. It's now 14-0 with less than a minute gone. The Falcons would then punt and the Colts would throw an INT (Rivers can always be counted on to do that) before Hall would get his hands on Romo's second pick of the day and return it for 6. 21-0. This was the same score line at the end of the 1st quarter in last weeks Colts-Titans game so the Colts knew not to be complacent as they were only denied a fantastic comeback win by a score with 34 seconds on the clock in that one.

The 2nd quarter sees punts traded back and forth before the Falcons register their first score of the day with a 45 yard FG just inside the 2min warning. 21-3. The Falcons don't have much time to celebrate as on the next play McFadden scores his 3rd TD of the day with a 56 yard run. 28-3. The Colts would make it 35-3 to end the half when Rivers connected with Knox with 8 seconds left in the half.

The 3rd quarter didn't see much action and there was a little over 2 mins left when a Rackers FG put the Colts up 38-3. On their next possession Romo was caught in his own end zone by Peko and gave up a safety. 40-3.

The game was over as a contest and the fourth quarter saw only a Rackers FG to finish the scoring. 43-3.

Colts O-Line had a great day giving Rivers time when the colts decided to pass and clearing paths for McFadden on the ground.
    The Colts also won the turnover battle picking up 3 INTs and a fumble while giving away 2 INTs of their own.

Rivers: 6/8, 2 INT, 1 TD 77 yards. Used very sparingly today but every pass was caught (by receiver or defensive back)!
    McFadden: 243 yards and 3 TDs from 23 attempts. Probably should have taken him out of game as he was injured in 4th.

Romo: 4/15, 3 INT, 17 yards. Had a tough day. Only gave up one sack but it was a safety.

Cheers for the game Notyalc666 and nice chatting to you. You didn't get much luck out there today. Good luck with the rest of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭davetherave

Jags @ Browns:

Jacksonville recieve and get a field goal on their first drive.
    Browns come on to the field and are driving well before a mis-timed pass gets intercepted. The Jags have it inside the browns 10 yard line, and it's picked off (user picked actually, if I must blow my own trumpet :D ) by Nnamdi Asomagdliuhguslujahwha who takes it 95 yards for six points and Feely is good on the XP.
    7-3 Browns.

2nd Quarter:
    Jags get a TD. 10-7 Jags.
    Not much else happens with both punters getting a fair share of the snaps.
    Browns force two fumbles but fail to recover any.
    Then with 1 second left on the clock the Jags get a FG.
    13-7 Halftime.
    3rd Quarter:
    Browns receive, first play Dalton is looking downfield. "no he is covered don't throw there, don't throw to him either. Look, Y is going to be open. *Press Y* Interception!

Jags get a FG from the turn-over. 16-7.

Jags score again, and the cheating cnuts go for 2 :( but don't convert :D
    22-7

Then they get a FG: 25-7. and another......just can't convert any plays......
    Run blocking is terrible.....
    Keep punting it away and they get the ball inside my half and they just knock another one over.
    Fail a 4th down.....and I hate this poxy game because they got a TD.

Browns offence is out again....deep ball to the right side......and picked......and another injured brown.....

I think the stats say it all.
    75 rushing 27 passing
    0-11 on 3rd down....
    0-3 on 4th down.....

0.0 qb rating.....on;y completion was a 56 yard long ball deep when time ran out.

Shocking game.....

Jags @ Browns:
    I think the stats say it all.
    75 rushing 27 passing
    0-11 on 3rd down....
    0-3 on 4th down.....

0.0 qb rating.....on;y completion was a 56 yard long ball deep when time ran out.

Shocking game.....

Yikes! I have the Jags next, I'd better be careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

When do you wanna play tomorrow Daflood? How's 9:30?

I'm still in the market for a RG or ILB (80+) and would be willing to trade these players:
    Fitzpatrick QB 82
    Jones RB 82
    Ochocinco WR 85

Of course lots of other guys could be traded, but these are the guys I want to get rid of.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭madalig12

Beaten again by seattle. Not as badly as the score suggests. 24-45, they stopped me on the two then one yard line at the end of the 1st so very nearly led into halftime. they scored from a onside kick at the end aswell. They also scored a pick six from me hitting the wrong button but that can happen, at least the button works! ive not got much of a running game but Vick is showing some skills in the air, 813 yrds so far this season. Looking forward to maybe beating the box this year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

lads who has one of those black slim xboxes, are they much quieter than the old ones?

Yeah I have one, much quieter than the old ones. The old ones sound like an aeroplane taking off.

As mentioned, it has built in wireless as well so you don't need anything poking out the back of it to pick up Xbox Live.

Well worth getting, IMO.

Colts, Rams, 49ers, Falcons, Cardinals and Eagles if you want any of Jones, Fitzpatrick or Ocho I'd be interested in one of your backup RGs.

A few questions lads:

1) How many more seasons will we be playing?

2) The reason I ask is because I have about 10 players with 1 year left on their deal that I would like to keep, so I'm wondering is there any point if this is the last season we play?

3) If we are playing more and I need to keep them, how do I do it? Is it just as simple as going to re-sign player?

4) Does the cap space make a difference in this franchise? Reason I ask is I have 17m left but could do with signing a number of them (some are on 12m, 5m and 2.5m contracts) so it all adds up if I only have 17m to use.

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

Colts, Rams, 49ers, Falcons, Cardinals and Eagles if you want any of Jones, Fitzpatrick or Ocho I'd be interested in one of your backup RGs.

i'll take ocho and your backup RG for my Backup RG and WR Dwindle

Packers 30-7 Broncos

Green Bay get over their loss to the Eagles with a 30-7 win over the Broncos at Lambeau Field. Green Bay are slowly getting back to their usual philosophy as a balance was struck between pass and run.

Thanks for the game daflood. Best of luck for the rest of the season :)

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    Packers 30-7 Broncos

Green Bay get over their loss to the Eagles with a 30-7 win over the Broncos at Lambeau Field. Green Bay are slowly getting back to their usual philosophy as a balance was struck between pass and run.

Thanks for the game daflood. Best of luck for the rest of the season :)

Thanks for that win, don't forget to rest your starters in week 17.

As for the Eagles trade I'm afraid I'll have to decline. I must have misread your RG's stats, I thought he was 77 or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Berty what time do you want to play?

Do the Giants have any interest in getting rid of their 2nd choice C Rodney Houston? The same for the Falcons and their 2nd choice C Stefen Wisniewsk. Either one would suit my team.

If so, have a look at my roster and if you see anything you fancy give me a PM and we can see if we can do a deal :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Berty what time do you want to play?
    Sorry Heli, just seeing this now. Played my game with Ben earlier so free for rest of evening (and he won with a FG as time expired in a a cracker :)).

8:00
    8:30
    9:00
    9:30

?? Whatever suits you. Just wathcing the golf so I will pop on whatever time suits you and Sky+ it.

Will check thread to see what suits you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

8:15 berty?

• Advertisement

8:15 berty?
    Excellent. Hope those Coronas I had cooking the dinner don't affect my performance !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Paully D wrote: »
    Do the Giants have any interest in getting rid of their 2nd choice C Rodney Houston? The same for the Falcons and their 2nd choice C Stefen Wisniewsk. Either one would suit my team.

If so, have a look at my roster and if you see anything you fancy give me a PM and we can see if we can do a deal :)

No thanks, I start him and the other centre also starts elsewhere on the line.

To answer your other questions, we are hoping to play another season after thi one.

The salary cap doesn't matter, and I don't think you need to resign players. I have some out of contract players on my squad.

Berty44 wrote: »
    Excellent. Hope those Coronas I had cooking the dinner don't affect my performance !!!

Me too! I need help winning the AFC from Keith.... and Pudsy too.

He helped you out McG dont worry!

Titans win the toss and elect to kick. The first quarter is a tame affair with neither teams players making the catches in the wet or making much ground with ball in hand.

0-0

The Jets start the 2nd quarter with a 39 yard FG.

J Best is getting hit for losses which is really hampering the running game for the Titans
    The Titans miss a FG with a mid-speed wind against them.

With 10 seconds in the half left.. The Titans are on the Jets 24 line and looking good for a TD or at least a FG to tie the game.
    When McNabb gets hit with a bout of Orton-itis and throws a pick after the WR slips and Philips runs it all the way to the house.

0-10 Jets

The Titans receive and struggle but so do the Jets .

The Jets get the ball in the 4th and get a TD.

0-17 Jets

Some (awful) stats

Titans had 161 yards with 49 on the ground and 112 in the air. Jets had 173 with 85/88

The Jets had 2 ints, 2 fumbles recovering one of them and the Titans recovering the other.

The Titans threw 1 int which let to a TD and then 3 others while chasing the game.

Mcnabb had a QB rating of 14 10 from 28 for 147
    with Rodgers at 27 with 10 from 29 for 94

Best had a woeful 14 attempts with 0.8 average
    Gore had 4.1 average up until he got injured.
    Reggie Bush came in with 1 27 yard run.

On the WRs
    Amendola had 5 receptions for 89 with Best coming up with 24 yard from 2 catches. Keller and Hill from NJ with a combined 55 between them.

Mcnabb gets sacked 5 times while Rodgers eats dirt just the once.

Not a great game tbh, the pick 6 was the turning point of the game. The Titans were looking good for a TD but found themselves 10 points down.

Worrying for the Titans is the lack of a run game...

Were your receivers dropping as much in this one Bert? :D

SantryRed wrote: »
    Were your receivers dropping as much in this one Bert? :D
    They were ! That being said it was raining but it was Drop Sunday for my Jets.

Good report Heli. The game absolutely turned on that pick 6 before the half. Very close game really

Missed Plax in run game and his catching although Barnden made a super catch for a TD. Now Gore joins Plax and H-Bey in the injury room.

Good Jet defence but poor Jet offence.

Two human games to go
    Two days to go in the gameweek

We're racing :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,795 ✭✭✭Raoul

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Two human games to go
    Two days to go in the gameweek

We're racing :)

Yep, great stuff. Hopefully, the guys can get their games played tonight.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'm playing Shane tonight anyway not sure about the other game.

The other game is BigBadRob, any idea when you can play Rob?

Stevo, we are playing in the next game week, if it gets advanced tonight, I can probably play late tonight?

• Advertisement

Daflood, we are week 4. Are you around Wednesday might?

Falcons... i'm around tonight and tomorrow after 10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Raoul wrote: »
    The other game is BigBadRob, any idea when you can play Rob?

Stevo, we are playing in the next game week, if it gets advanced tonight, I can probably play late tonight?

Sounds good. Any time in particular? May need to go find some batteries for my controller!

Not sure yet, wait and see if Rob gets his game played or not

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭daflood

Yeah. Wednesday should be grand with me. I can kick off any time between 7 and 9 id say. Cant really do any earlier or later.

daflood wrote: »
    Yeah. Wednesday should be grand with me. I can kick off any time between 7 and 9 id say. Cant really do any earlier or later.
    I can do kick off at 9. Is that ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Falcons... i'm around tonight and tomorrow after 10.

Yea tonight should be grand

Who do you think will be on the cover for Madden 13 then?

The voting starts next month:

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/feature/madden2013cover

I'd imagine Eli Manning will probably win the vote.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Well that was the biggest disaster of an ending ever. I had it won ball on the 1 time almost up, just let the clock roll down to 2 seconds and call the time out and kick the fg to win.

Realised at the last second I've no time outs left, lose by 2 points, disaster.

• Advertisement

Myself an paully D had a half a game there but seems to be some connection issues

Myself an paully D had a half a game there but seems to be some connection issues

Likewise with myself and kaiche in a friendly, a shame, it was a good game. We tried to start it again but it was incredibly laggy, DCed again so I signed out.

It wasn't me you were playing anyway mate, I'm tucked up in the bed here! :pac:

adrian522 wrote: »
    Well that was the biggest disaster of an ending ever. I had it won ball on the 1 time almost up, just let the clock roll down to 2 seconds and call the time out and kick the fg to win.

Oh no no my friend....not ever...try waiting till 6 seconds, hitting A only to find it doesn't work, then hammer A and the ball hits the bar....beat that!

So maybe it was myself and heli playing the game, I've got to get used to the gamertags.

So maybe it was myself and heli playing the game, I've got to get used to the gamertags.

Sorry... Matthew it was

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »

Oh no no my friend....not ever...try waiting till 6 seconds, hitting A only to find it doesn't work, then hammer A and the ball hits the bar....beat that!
    Well at least I would have got a kick off in that situation.

By the way, can you play friendlies using your franchise teams?

Well at least I would have got a kick off in that situation.
    True but at least for two seconds you knew you'd lost, you didnt have to go through the heart stopping moment between the kick and the ball dropping down from the bar!

Anybody hear anything from big bad rob whether he is playing his game this week or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Raoul wrote: »
    Anybody hear anything from big bad rob whether he is playing his game this week or not?

He's on holiday till end of week. Saturday i believe. Another reason we need a forum ! :pac:

Adrian heart break! Look at the stats, looked like such a close game and it a fourth quarter comeback. Will just add more spice when you get him to candlestick !

• Advertisement
Advertisement