Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Makeup advice.

• 29-08-2011 12:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

I am 29, but I haven't worn makeup since my debs. I'll have an interview coming up and I figure that wearing some makeup wouldn't hurt, and I'm looking for some advice on it. I'm what you'd call book-smart about application. I'd also be cycling to whatever job I got, so I'd be looking for something that can be put on in about 5 minutes so: tinted moisturiser, tinted lip gloss, eyeshadow and mascara. Is that the minimum I could get away with.

The other thing that's preying on my mind is that I have no idea what colours to go for, especially for eyeshadow. I'm naturally blonde, quite pale, and have green/grey eyes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Hi there!

Don't go mad on the makeup if you don't usually wear it. Keep it minimal. If you already have a tinted moisturiser go for it, but I wouldn't bother otherwise. If you want quick application, prob best to choose just one eyeshadow colour. Go for something neutral like a taupe or light brown that can be applied all over the eye. Or even a pale plum colour might match your eyes well. Pop on some mascara and lip gloss and you're done! If you don't want to spend a fortune on shadow, try the likes of boots. something like this palette might be good cos you could use the other colours in future
    http://www.boots.com/en/Revlon-CustomEyes-Shadow-Liner_1228302/
    Good luck with the interview!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Thanks for that. I went into boots and picked up some of a range called, I think, Une. It seems to be mostly nude colours, so that suits me fine. I got some foundation that can be lightly applied with a brush, lip gloss and mascara. Had a voucher for No. 7 so got an eyeshadow in shades of browns.

What's the deal with blusher? Is it necessary?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

Blusher is lovely. It kinda gives a lift to your face. there's a lovely maybelline one called dream matte mousse. Quite natural looking - you don't want to look like aunt sally :)

Advertisement