Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Games Family 1940 Games in one board

• 29-08-2011 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Does anyone have one of these?

I just got a Cocktail Cab made with this put in it and I have a few questions.

1) Are they prone to overheating? As mine has turned off twice in the last 30mins.

2) Mine seems to be missing a game or two. For example, it says on the PDF game list that Euro Football Champ should be on it. I can't find it at all. (Love that game)

3) Does anyone know who makes these boards? I can't seem to find a makers website any where!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭purplec

whe you say switched off, how do you mean?

the game could be there but hidden in the list or as a japanese name.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭paulhannon

Hey

Well it just turned off while i was playing it and the fan sounds like it's really working hard.

How would I un-hide the game?

Thanks for the help

There is an option in the manual that tells you how to unhide all the games. have a look.

these machines are made by a company in china. Sometimes the fans installed are quite poor.

If the games is not added after everything is unhidden you can add it to the list.

Let me know and il walk you through it.

Cheers

It didnt come with a manual.

Is it available on line any where?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

There not the most reliable but its worth checking the cpu fan is secure. You should be able to get into the bios before it boots using a keyboard and that will give you a temp reading.

It could also be a faulty power supply as the one it ships with is 'basic'.

I think they are very reliable I have pulled them out of machines in terrible order after years of abuse and had them dolled up nicely.

9 times outta ten the CPU fans is just a crappy generic one and needs replaceing with a new pentium 4 478 fan. I also noticed the atxs used are quite crappy replace it with a silent running atx and it is a lot better alright.

Good luck with the repair.

Guys thanks for the help.
    Contacted the guy that built it for me and he says he'll pick it up and install some more fans. Hopefully that sorts it out.

Here's a picture of it
    http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/311970_10150338030072922_529377921_9485440_6076693_n.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,975 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

purplec wrote: »
    I think they are very reliable I have pulled them out of machines in terrible order after years of abuse and had them dolled up nicely.

9 times outta ten the CPU fans is just a crappy generic one and needs replaceing with a new pentium 4 478 fan. I also noticed the atxs used are quite crappy replace it with a silent running atx and it is a lot better alright.

Good luck with the repair.

Hasn't been my experience sadly. I've had disks die and top boards give up :(
    I know Jammaboards stopped selling them because of the high failure rate.
    Hope you get it sorted OP, keep us posted.

Advertisement