Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rot/Fungus on my Trees

Options
  • 29-08-2011 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭

Hey,

We had a few trees in the garden which were riddled with Ivy. A few months back I cut it back and cleared them off the trees. When I did this I noticed that 1 or 2 sections of the bark were rotten. I didn't give it much thought as I thought it was down to the ivy but I was cutting off some low branches yesterday evening and noticed a bit of rot/fungus on one of the newer branches.

Has anyone seen this before and advise on possible solutions?

Thanks

IMAG0189[1].jpg

IMAG0190[1].jpg

IMAG0191[1].jpg

IMAG0192[1].jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 cora09

Eww looks nasty.. I'd be afraid of catching that myself.. I recently cleared alot of ivy myself from some stumps and their roots really get in there so maybe the ivy did to the tree what a graze would do to us and let in an infection into the trees system which is probably why its in the new growth... I'm no expert though hope some one can help you :) and i hope you get to keep your tree

Advertisement