Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Low Sulpher Diesel -- Problems

• 29-08-2011 1:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

We were about to order a fill of diesel this week but had a contractor in baling some silage last week and his Fendt stopped three times during a couple of hours work due to filter problems. The lad driving said its a problem they have been having since the lower sulpher diesel came in. He said its very bubbly(for want of a better word) and causes dirt in the tanks to be stripped off and this goes into fuel lines and blocks filters on the tractor.

Has anyone else experienced such problems? I'm a bit wary of ordering diesel now. Whats the solution are there additional filters you can put on the fuel tanks during filling and on the diesel hose to prevent additional dirt entering tractor fuel tank? I would rather spend a few quid now on additional filters than to have more expensive problems on the tractor due to dirty diesel not to mind not having the tarctor available during winter when needed for feeding etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,343 ✭✭✭bob charles

good fuel hygiene are there should be little or no problems, i have yet to have a problem and have many '000 of litres burned of the low sulphur. There thats probably me stopped up for tempting fate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

get a good micron filter for the filler hose of your storage tank and a couple of spare fuel filters for your tractor and you will get by

thought most contractors would be out of problems at this stage ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭grange mac

I work for an oil company, the main issue people were having is the Bio Diesel was causing an issue. Your supplier does not have to supply you with 7% bio fuel, the comany I work with does not buy this oil (tractor diesel), it however is almost manditory to sell the low sulfer fuel now (exemptions apply if for use on Boats or fixed equipment e.g fixed grain dryers.

This low sulfer acts as more of a detergent than the old diesel, it losens any "gunk" that may have been in the walls of your tank, the best solution for you would be to change filters more regularly for first few months then all should be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭marlyman

another solution is to treat the fuel with stanadyne fuel additive and the add some soltron . this will cure the worst of diesel problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭murphyep

Hello,
    Can you tell me where to get Soltron?
    Finding it hard to get it.

Thanks,
    Eddie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭49801

should owners of tractors from the 70's era and older be concerned about more wear in the engine with less sulphur?

murphyep wrote: »
    Hello,
    Can you tell me where to get Soltron?
    Finding it hard to get it.

Thanks,
    Eddie

any qtp dealer in the country has it. ring 044 9341638 for your nearest one

49801 wrote: »
    should owners of tractors from the 70's era and older be concerned about more wear in the engine with less sulphur?

nope, not at all.

Advertisement