Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

things to do,in and around dundalk

Options
  • 29-08-2011 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭

just a a few questions, maybe someone here might be able to shed some light :)

are there any festivals coming up?

is there anywhere nice to go for a walk? (mountain walks nearby? if so can i get there without a car?!)

are there regular buses to carlingford?

and any other general ideas of things to do would be nice, i know there used to be an ice rink, thats about it :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Rossin wrote: »
    just a a few questions, maybe someone here might be able to shed some light :)

are there any festivals coming up?

is there anywhere nice to go for a walk? (mountain walks nearby? if so can i get there without a car?!)

are there regular buses to carlingford?

and any other general ideas of things to do would be nice, i know there used to be an ice rink, thats about it :D

Nice walks ?

You could start with The Cooleys and move on to The Mournes.

As for buses. You could look over this

Plenty of nice things to do in Dundalk. There's semi ok shopping. A few nice parks. Some cycling clubs. A diving club. A kayaking club (PM me if interested in that one) along with a whole host of other things.

Get out there and discover the town ! You're in the Land of Legends ! Discover them !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I am pretty sure all the summer festivals are over, I think the Carlingford Oyster Festival was a few weeks ago.
    As for buses to Carlingford, here is a link to the Bus Eireann website with the times of the Dundalk-Carlingford bus, there are plenty of mountain walks out there but I have no idea how to get to any of them, there is a tourist office at the bus stop and they would be able to help you once you get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

if anyone goes for walks on the mountains id be interested to hear can you get there without a car

im thinking more day trips mugsmugs, rather than joining a club as im from drogheda but go to college there and so have some friends there, although they seem more clueless as to what is there than i am :)

if i wanted to go kayaking just for a few hours would i be better off going to carlingford do you think? its quite picturesque after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Twatter

There is also a bus runs out to Carlingford from Dundalk with Halpenny Transport on a Sunday as I don't think Bus Eireann run any on a Sunday.

Halpenny Bus to Carlingford & Omeath every Sunday. Departs Longwalk @ 10.45am, 1.45pm & 4.45pm. Departs Carlingford @ 11.30am, 2.30pm & 5.30pm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

This festival took place around last years October bank holiday.
    http://www.tainfestival.com/
    Dont know if it is on this year or not, but i would say if you contacted the town centre manager office then you would get more info from them.

042 9352842
    Town Centre Manager.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Rossin

Thanks guys.

I think ill try carlingford on wed anyway, should be plenty to do there

Advertisement