Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox game suggestions for young kids

Options
  • 29-08-2011 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Anyone know of a few suitable games for a 7 yr old and a 3 yr old (both boys)?

My eldest likes games such as "Kung Fu Panda" etc and my youngest likes to push the buttons on a controller with no batteries but I'd like to get him a simple game to pass the time this winter.
    I've seen that there is a Sesamee Street Kinect game on the way but he's not into that so if anyone has any suggestions that'd be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

The Lego games are an obvious choice too. I hear Kameo is another, but can't say anything about it personally.

Just looked it up in case there were ones that I couldn't think of right off the bat, and found this link. Hope it helps.

http://www.parenting.com/gallery/9-best-xbox-360-videogames-for-your-kids?pnid=115625

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Don't know about the 3yr old but I'd imagine the Lego games ie Batman & Indiana Jones would be OK for the 7yr old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Profondo Rosso

Peggle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Rock Band / Guitar hero , the Lego one has a super easy setting for the 3yr old so all he has to do his hit any button in time with the song.

Teaches had eye co-ordination too..... at least that's what I tell myself :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreddfan

Thanks for all the suggestions, it's mainly games for my 3yr old I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

+1 for Viva Pinata.

I think the Toy Story 3 got some decent reviews too. Then there's Lego Harry Potter as well as the other Lego games mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

Kameo is pretty good, probably too hard for a 3 yr old though.
    Viva Pinata games are great, but again, maybe too complex for a 3 yr old, but the second one has a type of co-op play.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Lockster

My two boys also love Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing. Its like Mario Kart but obviouly with Sega characters and the controls are pretty easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭D3UC3 J3

What about Kinect.

Plenty of games for 3+ on it.

Kinect Adventures, Kinectimals, Sonic Free Riders.

Even cheaper arcade games: Hole in the Wall, Fruit Ninja Kinect

Sesame STreet before christmas.

Then loads of stuff for the 7 year old.

• Advertisement
Advertisement