Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Apartments To Rent For A Night?

Options
  • 29-08-2011 2:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Anyone got any ideas?

Been looking at Augustine apartments which works out at roughly €50 a night per person but anyone know how lax they are regards sticking to the booking amount of people staying or if there are any cheaper alternatives? Planning a reunion for college friends, among whom several are unemployed, for an upcoming gig & would prefer somewhere you can stay up as late as you like in comfortable surroundings without over-zealous staff hounding you (eg. not a hostel). The (admittedly fairly meager) €50 accommodation fee is proving a deterrent for some, as it works out expensive for them on top of travel, food, drink & gig tickets.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

the kingfisher has apartments over head

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭craoltoir

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 BlueArsedFly

Cheers guys!

So The Kingfisher is fairly lax for number of people sharing? How many to a double room do ye reckon?

Please someone send me a private message that has stayed here before, as I'm sure the questions I asked in my last post can't be answered on a public forum.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭bc dub

Is this a roundabout way of looking for a room you and your mates to have a session in? ie; you've no intention if sleeping ?

• Advertisement

Roundabout how? Looking for exactly what I said. & no, we're planning on seeing a few gigs as part of an upcoming festival & planning day activities for the day we check in & immediately after checking out so sleep is definitely on the cards. We're all hitting 30 so those days are (mostly) behind us lol. Would just be nice to have a few apartments beside each other that we can stay up & catch up with some gossip in a relaxed manner. & for the unemployed among us the cheaper the better so they can use whatever pennies they have enjoying themselves rather than spending the bulk on a bed.

There'll be circa 15 of us, I reckon btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭FensterDJ

Already had a look at these. Do they have a reception/check-in lobby you have to go through to enter the apartments & are they fairly lax as regards number of people to each apartment? Not talking ridiculously ripping the píss & turning it into Anne Franks house lol. Just if it'd be okay for, say, 7/8 people to stay in the Max 5 persons apartments?

Advertisement