Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What modem comes with the 12mb UPC package?

• 29-08-2011 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭

As above, does anyone know which modem comes with the UPC 12mb package?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

Finally after emailing, telephoning and then live chat and repeatedly been given information about the Cisco wireless router and offered numerous bundles and packages with UPC I got an answer.

The make and model number for the modem only package is Scientific Atlanta Model 2203

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,450 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That would seem to match their site, as it doesn't mention the SA explicitly, but it does ask for €50 to upgrade it to wireless, which presumably means the Cisco.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 508 ✭✭✭davkav

That is correct Spear but in my emails, phone calls and live chat I specifically asked for information about the standalone modem that is issued with the 12Mb package as I want to use my own wireless router with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Yup...best to stay with the SA modem. Even the UPC engineers think the Cisco one is $£%^£

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

it's supposed to be the 2203, but i had a mate who got the 10mbps installed a few months back and they didn't have any (or the cisco 2425) so they gave him the thompson one as it was all they had in the van.

so it's entirely pot luck really. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement