Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pistol or Revolver

• 29-08-2011 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭

I am looking for a S/A Pistol in .357Mag, .40S&W or .45ACP

and/or

Revolver in similar calibres for target shooting. All must be in excellent condition, preferably with original accessories/kit.

Thanks!

intershoot :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

intershoot wrote: »
    I am looking for a S/A Pistol in .357Mag, .40S&W or .45ACP

and/or

Revolver in similar calibres for target shooting. All must be in excellent condition, preferably with original accessories/kit.

Thanks!

intershoot :)

Hi Intershoot,
    If you were in the States, I would have you sorted tonight and you wouldn't have to make a choice at all!

Anyhow, I cannot imagine buying 357 Magnum in the North or South for that matter. However, at least you can reload. Also, you'll be able to shoot 38special when times are tough, like I do!:(

If I were you, I would be on the lookout for a nice Glock in 40S&W. The 45ACP is a great round and if you can pick up a 1911, do it.

Try and get something that has the 22LR conversion kit. You would be surprised at how much fun they are.

Also, check out the CZ-P01 or the CZ-P06. Fantastic guns

I think you would be best off with the 40S&W.

No interest in 9mm?

If you have anything in mind, give us a shout. If I haven't shot it, one of the lads probably has.

Slan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭dax121

you can buy 357 in the rep :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

Not really interested in the 9mm, have a Beretta 92FS Inox at the moment and am looking to change to something a little more accurate, or at least something I can reload a more accurate round for.

I would be really struggling at 25m to get any sort of group much smaller than 6", and if I want to reload I'd rather do it with a .45 and try a bit less power.

I am actually looking at the H&K USP Expert in the .45ACP but thought I'd see if there was anything decent floating about second hand before I jump in with a new one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭.243

ive a single stack .40 cal sti if your interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭intershoot

.243 wrote: »
    ive a single stack .40 cal sti if your interested

Thanks .243!

To be honest I've sort of set my heart on .45 but if you pm me with a few pics and a price I may well consider the .40.

I assume the STI has a similar set-up to the para-ord?

• Advertisement
Advertisement