Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grinds: What's best approach? Inst of Edu or Home grinds?

• 29-08-2011 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭

Daughter just starting LC year..will need grinds in HC maths.

What's the best approach in peoples views..

Send her to Inst of Education or get someone in home ??

Fees would appear much similar......

I'm kind of assuming that Inst of Edu would be best but home grinds would be so much easier...opinions?????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Stalin and rugby

Hi - I'm doing my leaving cert this year. Last year I took English grinds in the institute and they were, to be honest, Brilliant. The teachers there are fantastic but it'll cost you.

Although I took English grinds the maths tutor is also fantastic IF you get <please do not name individuals>. I'm not sure if he does grinds or not but I have his notes and with them I don't even require a teacher - That's how good they are :eek:

As for private tutoring - A one on one tutor would be beneficial I suppose although I personally have never had the experience so cannot tell for certain.

The Institute will cost you about 900 for the entire year. Is it worth it? It was for English and if your Daughter get her Uni spot I suppose it's a decent investment. But to warn you, Maths as you probably know is a subject which requires natural intelligence and hours of practice. Your daughter has to possess a certain ability otherwise it cannot be helped. Whether she has that ability or not is really up to her to decide. In this respect maths is unique to all other subjects.

What ever you decide, hope it goes well and good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Zipppy

Hi - I'm doing my leaving cert this year. Last year I took English grinds in the institute and they were, to be honest, Brilliant. The teachers there are fantastic but it'll cost you.

Although I took English grinds the maths tutor is also fantastic IF you get <please do not name individuals>. I'm not sure if he does grinds or not but I have his notes and with them I don't even require a teacher - That's how good they are :eek:

As for private tutoring - A one on one tutor would be beneficial I suppose although I personally have never had the experience so cannot tell for certain.

The Institute will cost you about 900 for the entire year. Is it worth it? It was for English and if your Daughter get her Uni spot I suppose it's a decent investment. But to warn you, Maths as you probably know is a subject which requires natural intelligence and hours of practice. Your daughter has to possess a certain ability otherwise it cannot be helped. Whether she has that ability or not is really up to her to decide. In this respect maths is unique to all other subjects.

What ever you decide, hope it goes well and good luck!

Excellent reply...many thanks....
    Best of luck to you too in your LC !!

Advertisement