Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uncashed Insurance Cheque

Options
  • 29-08-2011 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭

Hi,

I had to cancel a holiday a couple of years ago and I claimed on my travel insurance who sent me a cheque. It didn't get cashed within the allowed 6 months and then got forgotten about until today when I rediscovered it and went to have it re-issued. The phone number on the document is not in service anymore. The cheque is from 'Inter Group Intermediary Services Limited' Gordon Mitchell House, Ballybrit, Galway. When I did some googling on this hoping to find a current contact number all I found was the data pasted below which looks to my untrained eye like they have gone out of business, although it is interesting that the partial address listed below is Dublin 6 whereas the IGIS that my cheque is from is based in Galway, could these be different companies ?. Does this mean my cheque is worthless or is there any avenue I could follow to get this cheque honoured? The original travel insurance policy was with insurancebookers.ie (which is still trading) is there any point in contacting them or are they entitled to wash their hands of my claim once they have farmed it out to IGIS?

Key Company Details for INTER GROUP INTERMEDIARY SERVICES LTD
    Registered Company Number 278709
    Company Type SINGLE MEMBER PRIVATE COMPANY LIMITED BY SHARES
    Current Status DISSOLVED
    Principal Activity [74.84] OTHER BUSINESS ACTIVITIES N.E.C.
    Partial Registered Address DUBLIN 6 Login to see full address

Status Document Type Effective or Received By CRO
    Accounts To
    Date
    REG E5 LIQUIDATORS STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT 09/11/2010 18/11/2010

REG E6 FINAL WINDING UP MEETING
    - MEMBERS VOL WINDIN 09/11/2010 18/11/2010

REG E2 NOTICE OF APPOINTMENT OF LIQUIDATOR 03/03/2010 10/03/2010

REG G1 SPECIAL RESOLUTION 03/03/2010 10/03/2010

REG E1 DECLARATION OF SOLVENCY 24/02/2010 08/03/2010

Thanks for any advice,

Usjes

Update:
    I have just looked more closely at the letter accompanying the cheque and in the footer it lists the Company Reg. No. as 278709, so it is definitely the same company as the above data refers to.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Looks like you missed out there.

If the company is dissolved, then you've no chance of getting any money now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Katekat

Contact insurancebookers.ie - hopefully they may honour the replacement cheque.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

Looks like it was voluntarily wound up and paid everyone off. (as per declaration of solvency)
    The Dublin 6 probably refers to the liquidators.

edit
    Here are the liquidators
    Pkf Ryan Glennon Accountants & Business Advisors
    Trinity House Charleston Road, Dublin 6
    01-4965388

It was a members voluntary liquidation - probably a surplus in the company.

Worth contacting them just in case.

..and my address for commission is :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement