Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bald patch on Schnauzer

• 29-08-2011 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

Hey So in the past week or so my dog has gotten a bald patch on his back its been gettin bigger daily. I took him to the vets to see what it was and she couldnt see any thing said they would do blood test and a skin bioposy.. witch is very expensive and from what ive herd its quite common and vets rarely figure out what it is or what caused it? just wondering if anyone herd of this before? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My dog has gotten them on his tummy from the grass in the park but never anywhere else. Pirotin for a few days and he was sorted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Is the patch dry or is it a kind of sticky wet, gooey typ of patch?

If its moist/gooey it could be a hot spot, wet excema.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭sophie1234

No its completely dry and not swollen or anything thats why the vet was baffled? Ive attached a pic that was it on weds last week its gotten a lil bigger since

Advertisement