Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiling Costs

• 29-08-2011 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

No sure if this is the place but here goes :)

What's a fair price to lift and relay 12 damaged 8" square tiles? I'm supplying tiles so fitter would have to supply adhesive + grout and it's on a concrete floor

Thanks,
    nb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭n0brain3r

Ok typical I just found the Prices/Costs forum in Construction can a mod move please?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭stephendevlin

its a small job and I would say less than €50. good luck in getting someone to do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

You wont get it done for 50 euro. It will cost between 100-150 euro reason being

The tiler will tie up half a day if not a full day getting too and from you.

I know a tiler thats very good. He usually does the small jobs like this if your stuck.

Thanks for the replies I knew it was a small job but couldn't put a figure on it to barter with. I've a guy coming tomorrow to look at it and price he'll do it tomorrow if I'm happy with the price otherwise I'll send you a PM joey

Ok job done for €100 the guy even did a few extras he spotted himself all in took about 6 hours with my distractions and tea breaks! Thanks again for the replies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

n0brain3r wrote: »
    Ok job done for €100 the guy even did a few extras he spotted himself all in took about 6 hours with my distractions and tea breaks! Thanks again for the replies

Well done. If he let you distract him he was prob quite the rest of the day so enjoyed the company.

Hang on to his number.

Deffo hanging on to his no. He did a smashing job ( No pun intended :)). I felt guilty him charging just €100 I even asked was it enough given the amount of time and effort(Tiles where really stuck) but he was happy with the €100 and prospect of future work.

Advertisement