Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Safe disposal of treble hooks

Options
  • 29-08-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I was clearing out my late father's house and found a couple of bags of treble hooks, the type that would have been used in shrimp mounts (i.e. staright point at the top , not a loop), so no use for fixing up lures.

I don't want to just chuck 'em in the bin for environmental reasons. Does any one know of a safe way of disposing of them (don't know if I have time to file them down 1 by 1 !!).

Or alternatively if someone thinks they can use them (they are unused) ...

Also there are a good few spools of old nylon. anyone know what the story with recyling fishing nylon?

Rgds

Rob

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

If you're not going to use them, the best way is to hammer them flat

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Sorry about your Dad.

If you are going to get rid of the line please burn it or if you don't want the fumes / smoke then pull it off the spools and cut it with strong electrical snips or sisors. You don't want it blowing around a land fill and ending up wrapped around birds legs....

You could drop the lot into a fishing tackle shop they can give them ways for a donation to the RNLI box.

Advertisement