Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Road to Athboy

Options
  • 29-08-2011 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭

Well all,
    I'm travelling to athboy from Dublin and just want to know the easiest & quickiest way to get there without having to pay the toll on the M3. I'll be coming from the M50 so presum my journey would start onto the M3 and have been told that I should exit at junction 5 and go for Batterstown, Trim and then Athboy all on the R154.

Is this the quickest way while also avoiding the toll on the M3?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

If it's only a once off I'd pay the toll and get off at Navan North (exit 9) and take the N51 to Athboy. But the other route through Batterstown/Trim is the other best option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

You wouldn't need to pay the toll anyway cause the quickest way brings you trough batterstown to Trim and on out to Athboy.
    Well that's the way id go anyway. I know it's only €1:30 but it breaks my heart to pay it on top of car tax:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tweenie

It is quicker to go via the M3 than via Batterstown/Trim. If just a one off would pay the toll and go via M3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭clubwelly

Not one off i'll be travelling everyday. thanks for the replies

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tweenie

I prefer the M3 and started to use it as soon as it opened. Dh prefered to go via Trim at first. But he sat down and did the maths and decided based on time taken etc that it was handier going M3. So we both always go to Dublin via the M3 now. On Trim road you can get stuck behind a tractor, slow car etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

tweenie wrote: »
    I prefer the M3 and started to use it as soon as it opened. Dh prefered to go via Trim at first. But he sat down and did the maths and decided based on time taken etc that it was handier going M3. So we both always go to Dublin via the M3 now. On Trim road you can get stuck behind a tractor, slow car etc

That's the route I travelled for years and there's plenty of good oportunities for a safe overtake.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭paul71

That's the route I travelled for years and there's plenty of good oportunities for a safe overtake.

Also a favourite spot for unmarked traffic corp cars!

Advertisement