Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with name of old crisps

Options
  • 29-08-2011 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hey guys, Ive been banging my head off the wall trying to think of the name of a type of crisps I used to eat when I was younger but are no longer available. All I can remember is that the packaging looked scottish and I think was kind of tartan/kilt coloured. The crisps themselves were standard enough cheese and onion as far as I can remember. I used to buy them in Kerry back in the late 80s (maybe early 90s).

For some reason, the name McGregors is in my head but this could be completely wrong - I cant find any hit for that on google anyway so probably isn't right.

Any help would be massively appreciated.. thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Was this a mainly white pack with the tartan at the top & bottom.

Was it farmer browns (I don't think it is..)

The only other "Mc" that springs to mind is Mrs McGreedys, but I don't remember any tartan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Improbable

Maybe give the people over in the All Things Retro forum a buzz. They might be able to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Ki ki

Could it be these... http://www.britsuperstore.com/acatalog/Real_McCoys_Crisps.html ?

Mmmmm, you've made me hungry now, they were always my favourite...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Would they have been Mackies crisps?

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭cw girl

Ma Reilly's? mainly red bag w/yellow print. They were pretty tasty!

• Advertisement
Advertisement