Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANkermannnn

Options
  • 29-08-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭

SO I have decided to invest in a new machine specifically for BF and COD.

I have picked out a build and was just wondering if anyone would change anything up or can think of places to save!

SandyBridge i5 2500K
    ASUS P8H61-M Pro Rev 3.0, H61
    HD radeon 6950
    500 Gig Samsung Spin Point F3 ( I have loads of exter HDD)
    Crucial SSD 64G
    Scythe Katana 3 (Sockel Intel/AMD)
    Cooler Master GX 650W ATX 2.3 80+
    24x SATA-II DVD Brenner Multi Fromat Dual Layer
    8192MB DDR3 Dual Channel 1600MHz (PC3-12800)
    MIDI MS-TECH CA-0300 Raptor SE Schwarz/Grün( Upgraded case, If I went with was on offer id say 30 euro for this case Cooler Master Elite 335 )

So the cost of that machine incl delivery is 870. That really is my budget I might push to 900! depends! where can I save or maximise my spend guys?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

For starters if you really want to cut down, I'd remove the SSD altogether. You won't lose any performance ingame and just have slightly longer longer loading times.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

cheers mate!
    will 550 watts be enough for that do ya think?

also does that include them building that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

battser wrote: »
    cheers mate!
    will 550 watts be enough for that do ya think?

also does that include them building that?

Yeah a 6950 should be able to run on a super flower amazon 550W power supply with no problems. It won't be enough if you decide to go down the dual card route though. Also you have to pay them €20 extra if you want them to build it for you.

cheers for that guys. Right I have taken all of that into account and I am ready to order almost! The 6950. Is it going to be able to max BF3? Is the gtx570 a better card? Im still not sure on what Im willing to spend on a card I only know it wont be a 580. Any advice on the 6950 would be great.

• Advertisement

So I ordered the following with HWVS on Friday

Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155
    ASRock P67 Pro3 (B3), Sockel 1155, ATX
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)
    Crucial M4 64GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Midi-Tower
    XFX RADEON HD 6950 800M 1GB DDR5 DUAL MINIDP HDMI DUAL DVI
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 700 Watt
    Scythe Katana 3, für alle Sockel geeignet €17.72
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (SB-Version)

I changed up my budget and went for the better case and added a few fans on to the top and side as I think this is probably one of the main things to invest in from past experience. Wanted the extra psu incase I wanna upgrade anything. The total including delivery and build was 900. So I am just waiting on them to confirm my payment cause I am getting nervous and then all will be good. Cheers for the advice guys!!

Intel Core i5-2500K Box, LGA1155
    ASRock P67 Pro3 (B3), Sockel 1155, ATX
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB, SATA II (HD502HJ)
    Crucial M4 64GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5")
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9
    Cooler Master 690 II Advanced Midi-Tower
    XFX RADEON HD 6950 800M 1GB DDR5 DUAL MINIDP HDMI DUAL DVI
    Samsung SH-222AB bare schwarz SATA
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 700 Watt
    Scythe Katana 3, für alle Sockel geeignet €17.72
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit (SB-Version)

I changed up my budget and went for the better case and added a few fans on to the top and side as I think this is probably one of the main things to invest in from past experience. Wanted the extra psu incase I wanna upgrade anything. The total including delivery and build was 900. So I am just waiting on them to confirm my payment cause I am getting nervous and then all will be good. Cheers for the advice guys!!

Sometimes it can take something like 7 days to clear :o Its better to use paypal imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

So I am just waiting on them to confirm my payment cause I am getting nervous and then all will be good. Cheers for the advice guys!!
    I ordered lately, first order, done through the bank, I actually went in, 3 days for payment approved.

Around Tuesday evening so for you.

Actually one better man! Sent today at 6 so that was very fast and I have to say impressive!

• Advertisement
Advertisement