Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hollow block shed..paint / plaster

• 29-08-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

hi
    i have a hollow block garage / shed.. its been unplastered for years now and is likely to stay that way for a while as i dont have the cash to do it at the moment..
    im wondering will i just paint it..as in paint the bare blocks.. theres no great need for it to be completely water proof / dampproof..
    the only thing thats stopping me is im wondering if i do paint it will it make it harder to plaster in the future..
    so thats the question.. is it possible / harder to plaster a painted bare block wall..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

you would have to prep the painted wall with a primer or bonding agent before it could be plastered,will mean extra cost to yourself,not a whole pile tho,i would just wait until you have the money to plaster,as you will end up painting it twice i would imagine also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

you would have to prep the painted wall with a primer or bonding agent before it could be plastered,will mean extra cost to yourself,not a whole pile tho,i would just wait until you have the money to plaster,as you will end up painting it twice i would imagine also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭woody1

thanks for the reply
    yeah i know it could be double work, but im looking at this thing for 5 years and am likely to be looking at it for another 5 before it gets plastered, the way things are going
    my elbow grease and a couple of tins of paint arent gonna cost me f*ck all ...

Advertisement