Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re bills

Options
  • 29-08-2011 3:50pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Bit of a long story here. I'll try to keep it brief.

A while back we were charged for going over the download limit. This didn't come as much of a surprise as we did go over, but there were no charges when we exceeded it in the past. I knew one day there would be charges, but I thought they might let it slide because we were in bit of a holding pattern of waiting for the NGB upgrade (hasn't increased the speed, but no matter) to kick in when I figured we'd probably revert to not being charged for going over the download cap...this was when it was 30/40 GB p/m. I'm not expecting a refund, nor am I saying what happened was unfair...I suspect we don't really have a leg to stand on here. The charges were spread across two bi-monthly bills, if memory serves. I'd also like to check if we're on the right BB package now.

Second part of the query, another provider got on to us at one stage and offered to change, so an order was placed. Things weren't explained fully and I thought the change would only kick in on day 7 or something rather than having them take control as soon as the order was placed. Anyway, between one thing and another, we got back with Eircom pretty quickly, fairly smooth process, to be fair. Then we received a statement saying we were in a little bit of credit, then we got a bill for one month...will we subsequently receive bi-monthly bills now, automatically or do we need to request this change?

I can PM our phone number to a rep and it remains the same, but our account number is now different to what it used to be. I can PM both. Any feedback would be useful, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi,
    Bit of a long story here. I'll try to keep it brief.

A while back we were charged for going over the download limit. This didn't come as much of a surprise as we did go over, but there were no charges when we exceeded it in the past. I knew one day there would be charges, but I thought they might let it slide because we were in bit of a holding pattern of waiting for the NGB upgrade (hasn't increased the speed, but no matter) to kick in when I figured we'd probably revert to not being charged for going over the download cap...this was when it was 30/40 GB p/m. I'm not expecting a refund, nor am I saying what happened was unfair...I suspect we don't really have a leg to stand on here. The charges were spread across two bi-monthly bills, if memory serves. I'd also like to check if we're on the right BB package now.

Second part of the query, another provider got on to us at one stage and offered to change, so an order was placed. Things weren't explained fully and I thought the change would only kick in on day 7 or something rather than having them take control as soon as the order was placed. Anyway, between one thing and another, we got back with Eircom pretty quickly, fairly smooth process, to be fair. Then we received a statement saying we were in a little bit of credit, then we got a bill for one month...will we subsequently receive bi-monthly bills now, automatically or do we need to request this change?

I can PM our phone number to a rep and it remains the same, but our account number is now different to what it used to be. I can PM both. Any feedback would be useful, thanks.

Hi The Black Oil
    I have an old case with previous number but could you PM me your new accountnumber and tel number. I can chase thsi for you. Not sure why you would have been charged for going over if you were still Regular broadband at the time:confused:
    You can stipulate the billing period ( one or two months) You would receive an intial bill detailing you were now back and then your first official bill detailling package and charges and credits if owed. I will chase as soon as I get the details.
    Tony

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hi Tony,
    Thank you. I've sent some info on to you via PM. Can you change it to two months for billing, please?

Thanks. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Tony,
    Thank you. I've sent some info on to you via PM. Can you change it to two months for billing, please?

Thanks. :)
    Hi TheBlackOil
    Yes have received your PM and should have update lateer this afternoon.
    Tony

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hi Tony,
    Thanks for coming back to me this, appreciate it.

Advertisement