If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PTA516/PTA215 3D Transmitter Kit

Options
  • 29-08-2011 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Hi Ash/Nicola,

Looking to get prices on the new 3D transmitter kit and glasses (PTA215/PTA516), or have you any specials on the PTA02 set??

Any open box/special offers on the 3D bluray players??

May be about time to go 3D!!

Thanks,

Ryanno

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Ryanno

Long time no hear!
    No word on the either the PTA516 set of glasses or PTA215 Transmitter as yet.

I'd say the PTA516 will superceed the PTA03 glasses in time.
    They will also give you access to the new 2 player mode on the NEW Philips 3D MAX TV's (what Philips are now calling the ACTIVE 3D TV's now to distinguish them from the EASY 3D PASSIVE TV's)

Philips are still running with the PTA02 glasses & Transmitter pack and PTA03 single set of Glasses at this time.

I should have info to report later this week re the above lines - i'll come back to you then

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Ryanno

Cheers Ash,

Look forward to changing from 3D Ready to Full 3D!!

Hows that new 7 series look in the flesh - sounds like a beast of a TV!!:D

We have the 47PFL7606H in store and on Demo in the 3D room - its a Passive 3D TV - looks great actually and is really nicely priced!

next time you're in town call in and have a looksee.
    Guessing you're not looking to upgrade your's just yet though!

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭lar77

Do/will these new 3D glasses work with the 2010 TV models? Wondering if it will improve the 3D quality?

We have the 47PFL7606H in store and on Demo in the 3D room - its a Passive 3D TV - looks great actually and is really nicely priced!

next time you're in town call in and have a looksee.
    Guessing you're not looking to upgrade your's just yet though!

atb
    Ash
    Not just yet Ash, Maybe next year :)

I love the 8605, still needs adjustment every now and again, depending on source material - but well worth it!!

I'll drop in over the next few weeks and have a look see. Have the PTA02 dropped in price or are they gone??

• Advertisement

Hi again

The PTA02 is still available and goes for €249.99 but can be yours for €225 that comes with 2 pairs of Glasses and the Transmitter

In stock and ready to roll

atb
    Ash

Hi again

The PTA02 is still available and goes for €249.99 but can be yours for €225 that comes with 2 pairs of Glasses and the Transmitter

In stock and ready to roll

atb
    Ash
    Hmmm mm, I think I'll wait then!! Pixmania have the new ones working out at almost half that price! I'll wait till you get the new ones in!! :)
    Thanks ash!!

Hi Lar

According to the spec here they will work with the 8605 and 9705 models no worries.

atb
    Ash

Hi Ash/Guys,

Have a bit of a shopping list for you and looking for your usual best deal!!:D

I'm still looking for the new set of transmitter and 2 glasses when they come in. Any ideas on price yet??

I'm also looking to get a pair of on ear earphones along the line of the philips ones I got last year. About the 30-40euro mark?

And finally, I am looking at getting an ipod dock, around the €50 mark......any recommendations or boardie specials coming up??

Cheers!!

Hi Lar

According to the spec here they will work with the 8605 and 9705 models no worries.

atb
    Ash

Hi Ash/Guys,

Have a bit of a shopping list for you and looking for your usual best deal!!:D

I'm still looking for the new set of transmitter and 2 glasses when they come in. Any ideas on price yet??

I'm also looking to get a pair of on ear earphones along the line of the philips ones I got last year. About the 30-40euro mark?

And finally, I am looking at getting an ipod dock, around the €50 mark......any recommendations or boardie specials coming up??

Cheers!!

Hi Lar

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement

Hi Ryanno

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you:o

I'm still waiting on pricing and release dates on the new 3D glassed and Transmitter - I'd say they wont be released until the new 8 and 9 series are released :o(again nothing confirmed on these either:mad:)

As for headphones have a look at the SHL5500 these are excellent on ear types and sound really good - we have a pair you can demo instore if you'd to try 'em.

They come in at €49.99 but you can have 'em for €45

If you'd fancy in ears more check out the excellent O'Neill "The Specked" range here
    These have been hugely popular and come in at only €29.99

On the dock front check out our range here
    I can recommend the new DS3020 (this replaces the DS3000 which is no longer available)
    This is a regular iPod speaker dock and sounds very good for its compact size. It will run off 4x AA batteries and comes with a mains power supply as well.
    this is a little over budget at €69.99 but you'll like it when you hear it.

We do have cheaper iPod docks but they tend to double as alarm clocks as well - great for a bedroom and handy to wake up to but not designed as primary speaker docks, having said that the DS1100 is pretty cool for its size - this comes in at €49.99 and is worth checking out.

theses are available to demo in the shop also.

pop on in and I'm sure my arm can be twisted for a good price (some folks have dislocated it before on price:)........)

Once I have info on the new 3D kit i'll post up

Cheers
    Ash

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.