Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To all Big Country fans out there

Options
  • 29-08-2011 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

You all probably know that Big Country's comeback single "Another Country" is being released today.I was able to pre-order this single from amazon.co.uk-not directly,but with a lot of help from a friend on Big Country's website www.bigcountry.co.uk and I should have it this week.

No doubt we'd all love this single to do very well here in Ireland.But getting it played on our radio stations here is like banging our heads off a brick wall-after a lot of texting and emails it hasn't even got a mention yet-let alone being played.That's even more strange coz these radio stations are usually good when it comes to playing new singles about a month before being released.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Moved to Music.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

I was in the HMV store in Limerick today enquiring about this single,but it is not available to buy in store-and they don't know if it will be in the future.

For anybody who wants to buy the single,it looks like the only way to get it is from www.amazon.co.uk or download it from itunes.For more info,go to www.bigcountry.co.uk

A memorial bench in honour of the late Stuart Adamson will be unveiled in Pittencrieff Park,Dunfermline,Scotland this coming Saturday 24th September at midday.

This event was organised by Dunfermline native Gwenda Matthews-who now lives in Lancashire-and the bench was funded by thousands of fans around the world-including Irish fans-including meself.

This year will mark the tenth anniversary of the death of Stuart Adamson,who tragically took his own life in December of 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

The man himself playing Phoenix Park in 1983 on a lovely summers day:
    BCCEAED9727C478A8B710F722DBE0A1F-0000315194-0002073457-00640L-85A824712C3940D7A5F359FD97EF4794.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Iomega Man

10 years on..my God thats hard to believe.
    I remember being at that show in the Olympia in 2001.
    Just mindblowing.

Such a waste.

• Advertisement

What an excellent picture.Thank you so much,Bullpost.

I totally agree,Iomega man.The man was a legend in his own right.One of those who left us too soon,along with Phil,Gary,Rory,Gerry etc.

Advertisement