Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA question

Options
  • 29-08-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I have got the BTEA last year and I need to sort it out for this year.What is the procedure for changing from Job seekers back to BTEA for this year?
    Do I just send in the letter of attendance from the college again?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭CJKeane

Once you've registered for the year you just need to get a letter from the registrar's office, or the SAA if you're in UL, stating that you're registered for the year as a full time student with the dates of attendance on it. Then it's just a matter of bringing the letter in to your social welfare office and having them switch you back over to BTEA!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭moons657

CJKeane wrote: »
    Once you've registered for the year you just need to get a letter from the registrar's office, or the SAA if you're in UL, stating that you're registered for the year as a full time student with the dates of attendance on it. Then it's just a matter of bringing the letter in to your social welfare office and having them switch you back over to BTEA!

i thought this too but I rang them today and they wont accept my letter I got because its not dated on the day I go back.I thought I was being smart by getting the letter the day I registered but now I have to wait till I go back to get another letter to send in...

Yeah they need your start and finish dates. That's what I meant when I said "dates of attendance."

Yeah they need your start and finish dates. That's what I meant when I said "dates of attendance."

yea them dates are on the letter.The girl had a problem with the date I got the letter.She wanted me to get a letter on the day I first attend:rolleyes:

Oh. That sounds like the same BS bureaucracy that we all have had to endure when dealing with social welfare. Best thing is to just get the letter when they say and bring it in as soon as you can.

• Advertisement

Oh. That sounds like the same BS bureaucracy that we all have had to endure when dealing with social welfare. Best thing is to just get the letter when they say and bring it in as soon as you can.

yea thats my plan.Just thought i would be efficient and get the letter while I was up registering.
    Yea they do make it hard on you.

Advertisement