Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hungry baby milk

Options
  • 29-08-2011 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

A month ago we moved on from breast feeding ( I was combo feeding her). My baby has been a big lady from birth and quite long. As she was going on 4 months and I really dont want to give her solids until 6 months I decided to switch her to hungrier baby milk. Since then she has clearly filled out - double chin, lovely padding on arms and legs :D which I thought was great. However when I brought her to my local clinic to be weighed the nurse remarked how she was a big baby and weighs heavier than average for her age. She said I didnt need to be concerned as it wasnt a sudden growth but just to keep an eye on it. It only dawned on me when I got home that the hungrier milk may be the cause.

Does anyone have experience of this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Don't worry about it! All babies get a little chubby before they start to get mobile!

If you little one is developing in al the right places, don't be worrying about a little chubb. Enjoy it :D

The chances are your baby would have gotten chubby whatever milk they were on. If the hungrier milk was making babies too heavy, I'm sure they wouldn't be allowed to sell it

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭mrsberries

Thanks for that. Wasnt worrying until the nurse questioned me about it. I love her roundness, makes her even cuter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

Aisling was really chubby 2 months ago but now she's crawling (and trying to walk) the weight dropped off!

Advertisement