Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laerdal Heartstart 4000

• 29-08-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi, I'm wondering if anyone out there might have an operating manual for the above AED or migt be able to talk me through running the pre- shift self check. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Hooch

If you contact Laerdal they will email you a PDF version of the operating manual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭Terrontress

drvr wrote: »
    Hi, I'm wondering if anyone out there might have an operating manual for the above AED or migt be able to talk me through running the pre- shift self check. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks

I would very much advise you not to operate such a device without knowing what you are doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭stretch00

Hi,

Carrying an AED is a good idea. Carrying an AED that's likely to be old, with a battery of unknown capacity, possibly out of date pads, and last serviced when god was a child is a very bad idea and will lead you to all sorts of trouble. The heart start 4000 is an old machine, and as far as I can remember it is not upgradeable to current guidelines for use in AED mode. I would really recommend that you contact the agents either here or in NI and get it serviced, they will also provide you with a manual. You will also need a resistor to test the shock capacity of that device, again they can provide that.

S

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Was there not a large recall on the Heartstart 4000's as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭drvr

Thanks for all the replies. It's not for my personal use and yes I do know what I'm doing (Paramedic) . As far as I know the machine was serviced in 2009 so , it will be checked by qualified personnel before it is put into service (if at all). It needs New pads and if needed new batteries will be purchased but they are charging fine and operating in the Machine. I'll email Laerdal and see what they can send me. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement