Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connection for connecting my mp3 player to car stereo

• 29-08-2011 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭

hi, i have a phillips mp3 player that i want to use in my car.
    what connection do i do for this to work through my car stereo?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,665 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Unless we are mind readers, we would need to know what stereo you have for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭techfeen

You would need a stereo with an aux out, you could pick one up for about 80 notes

techfeen wrote: »
    You would need a stereo with an aux out, you could pick one up for about 80 notes

Aux in not out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭techfeen

ya sorry my mistake :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Any FM transmitter should do the job.

• Advertisement

An Fm transmitter will do the job if all else fails but imho, is best avoided as quality wise, it is the worst method of connection.
    As said earlier, if you have an "aux in" connection, the problem is solved for a fiver.
    If your head unit doesn't have an "aux in" then it's possible to get a device like a "Dension" http://www.dension.com or similar which "tricks" your head unit into thinking that your mp3 player is a cd changer. This gives a very high quality solution.
    It all depends on what you got, and what you wanna spend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

if the car has cassette player then you can buy the car cassette adaptor.. may be 10euros or less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

if the car has cassette player then you can buy the car cassette adaptor.. may be 10euros or less

That's what I used in my last car, as I found FM transmitters to be absolute crap.

I since got an XCarLink for my car and love it. It replaces the CD changer in the boot, so as Zimmerframe says, I can still control my MP3 player through the headunit and steering wheel controls. The sound quality is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 WDW1111

The aux in might not be in the obvious place in the car either, mine is in the glovebox and unmarked (04 Ford Mondeo with Sony stereo). 3.5mm jack cable for the grand sum of €2 did the job nicely :)

Advertisement