Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to get to belfast from limerick?

Options
  • 29-08-2011 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Ideally i'd like to travel by plane as it's quicker. But Shannon Airport and/or Kerry Airport don't seem to fly to Belfast.

Anyone have any idea on the easiest way to get there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Is the travel to take part in a tradeshow or franchise sale?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭2wsxcde3

smcgiff wrote: »
    Is the travel to take part in a tradeshow or franchise sale?!?
    Its a business trip with potentially more to follow.

Are they any other airports in the belfast area that I could fly to or anything like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

According to skyscanner.ie, Kerry to Manchester, and then Manchester to Belfast, and this takes between 5 and 7 hours, and cost a min of €128

According to Irishrail.ie, Limerick to Belfast Central takes 6 hours, and costs €88

The train would probably be less hassel, as you don't have to be there an hour or so prior to check in, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

You can fly Shannon to Derry, and Derry to Belfast.

Not sure how the connections work out, but it's possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭ifah

Surely driving Limerick - Dublin - Belfast would be the quickest option.
    < 2 hours for each leg given that it's motorway all the way. I'd guess you should make it in < 4 hours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Wouldn't bother flying it
    If you're not driving get the train

I used to do a similar trip

Advertisement