Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garmin Edge - 500

• 29-08-2011 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Hi all,

Was looking at picking up a Garmin Edge 500 for the bike. Local shop has it at €250. Found it cheaper on web but like to keep it local in these time. Anyone have one?, and if so, any feedback.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Most recent thread here;)

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭aquanaut

rubs wrote: »
    Hi all,

Was looking at picking up a Garmin Edge 500 for the bike. Local shop has it at €250. Found it cheaper on web but like to keep it local in these time. Anyone have one?, and if so, any feedback.

Cheers in advance

€250 in a LBS in Waterford? Is that with HRM / Cadence? - Saw them at €299 - Pixmania have them for €250 with HRM / Cadence. Luckily i'm being given one in the next few weeks, will post up how I get on with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

You're a couple of weeks too late Evans did a price match, worked out about €114.

Next best price seems to be Handtec
    £160 plus shipping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭jimzy

Got one recently, very impressed with it so far. It stopped working for a few trips after I updated the software, turns out it just needed a force-restart. Battery life is pretty brilliant on it too. I think i paid around the 250 mark with hrm and cadence sensor, without hrm & cadence you should get it for somewhere around 180 max.

This guy does a much better review than me —> http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2009/11/garmin-edge-500-in-depth-review.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭Plastik

About €230 inc delivery from www.Handtec.co.uk which includes HR & Cadence. I ordered Wednesday night and it arrived in Dublin this morning. Nifty bit of kit!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭johnk123

So tempted to order one of these the last couple of days.... Are there any rumors out there of a new model being announced any time soon? Don't wanna find out the new model is out the week after this one arrives in my hands :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

johnk123 wrote: »
    So tempted to order one of these the last couple of days.... Are there any rumors out there of a new model being announced any time soon? Don't wanna find out the new model is out the week after this one arrives in my hands :)
    They launched an Edge 200 last week.
    Pretty much a 500 with less features.

Advertisement