Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insurance Claim

• 29-08-2011 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭

I was burgled last week and my PS3 and games were taken. My insurance company requires a quote for the value of the stolen items on shop headed paper.

I called to two large retailers today and in both cases, the shop assistants were unable to help me/ didn't know what they would do - it happened in another store too for something else so I eventually presumed the insurance company person was in the wrong since (as was repeatedly said to me) you can get all this information easily from the net but, no, when I called them back they confirmed that they need the headed paper quotes.

I also mailed an online retailer and they said they don't provide such a service. Bad enough being robbed without all this running around and getting nowhere. Would anyone know of a place where I'd get sorted - I'm guessing I'm not the first person to have their console nicked?

Have already contacted Sony and they put a block on the PSN account.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

did you ask for a manager ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

I had a burglary too and lost a PSP among other things. Went into Game and they printed me out a value receipt that just showed how much one would cost and that worked. If you can't get one perhaps a amazon screen shot would work. They really only want an official value for right now to replace the item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Didn't ask for a manager but will the next time.

Glad to hear that GAME would do that - wasn't in one of their stores but know where to go now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,966 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

PS also mention you are going to replace it, they may help if they think their is a sale in it for them.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,043 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

PS also mention you are going to replace it, they may help if they think their is a sale in it for them.

That'll get them printing alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

You just need proof of the replacement value, as a previous poster mentioned. Can't see how an insurance company could turn down a valid claim because you can't get a valuation on "shop headed paper". I guarantee you this is not a policy condition. It probably requires something like "proof of value".

If you can get the info from Game this may be the easiest solution but otherwise ask to speak to some claims manager and just explain the situation. If you can't get any satisfaction follow the complaints procedure in your policy.

Also make sure you report the theft to the Gaurds.

Advertisement