Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not on provisional list for Halls

Options
  • 29-08-2011 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

my number is not on the provisional list for a place at Halls. Is this a cause for concern?

as in does this mean i won't be gettin a place?

and anyone else in the same situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Phareon

feargal05 wrote: »
    my number is not on the provisional list for a place at Halls. Is this a cause for concern?

I read somewhere that's there's over 1000 places in Halls. For anyone who hasn't bothered to count the numbers on the provisional list, there's only 637 there. So there will most likely be another round of offers or something! I might be mistaken though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 feargal05

Phareon wrote: »
    I read somewhere that's there's over 1000 places in Halls. For anyone who hasn't bothered to count the numbers on the provisional list, there's only 637 there. So there will most likely be another round of offers or something! I might be mistaken though..

ahhh right nice one, thanks for the reply and for takin the time out to count up all those on the list! you not on the list either?

ahhh right nice one, thanks for the reply and for takin the time out to count up all those on the list! you not on the list either?

Yep, I'm on it, but it just looked suspicious seeing as there weren't as many numbers as I had expected!!
    Good luck in finding accommodation though lad!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crush525

Just noticed the list seems small. I'm also not on the list, but hopefully will get it sorted out. I found this table for 2009/10 which was an estimate for accommodation in both Hall and Campus, though it may be of no use:

http://www.tcd.ie/registrar_of_chambers/criteria09-10.php

Crush525 wrote: »
    Just noticed the list seems small. I'm also not on the list, but hopefully will get it sorted out. I found this table for 2009/10 which was an estimate for accommodation in both Hall and Campus, though it may be of no use:

http://www.tcd.ie/registrar_of_chambers/criteria09-10.php

well according to that, there was 1008 places at halls in 09/10. This number has hardly changed this year and considering the fact that only 637 people are on that Provisional list, I'm not too worried!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

well according to that, there was 1008 places at halls in 09/10. This number has hardly changed this year and considering the fact that only 637 people are on that Provisional list, I'm not too worried!

There's also postgrads living in halls, and second year students.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AgathaK

How did you find the provisional list? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 992 ✭✭✭fh041205

Groinshot wrote: »
    There's also postgrads living in halls, and second year students.

OP I'd imagine the 1008 is all of these people not just freshers. If you're not on the initial list I'd see no reason why you should expect to get a place. You're relying on people rejecting the places.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Halls frequently doesn't fill up its places though, so it couldn't hurt to keep an eye out for vacancies.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crush525

AgathaK wrote: »
    How did you find the provisional list? :D

http://www.wardentrinityhall.tcdlife.ie/rooms/Round1.html

• Advertisement

fh041205 wrote: »
    OP I'd imagine the 1008 is all of these people not just freshers. If you're not on the initial list I'd see no reason why you should expect to get a place. You're relying on people rejecting the places.

well don't they give priority to freshers? and like others have said, It doesn't fill up every year so I'm not too wprried about not gettin a place but we shall see over the next two days or so!

Yay! Got a place! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

On the site it says my application hasn't been reviewed yet. I applied before the 26th but my number isn't on the list :S

I'm from the north and chose that i'd prefer to share and i'd be willing to be in a mixed gender apartment so i thought i'd have a really good chance, i'm super confused can someone help me out? :S

Raawron wrote: »
    On the site it says my application hasn't been reviewed yet. I applied before the 26th but my number isn't on the list :S

I'm from the north and chose that i'd prefer to share and i'd be willing to be in a mixed gender apartment so i thought i'd have a really good chance, i'm super confused can someone help me out? :S

yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat as you being from Cavan. only I picked my own room. but still don't lose hope, I haven't..............just yet!

yeah I'm pretty much in the same boat as you being from Cavan. only I picked my own room. but still don't lose hope, I haven't..............just yet!

I haven't just yet :)

sent a somewhat angry email and they should expect a similar call tomorrow morning :)

Raawron wrote: »
    I haven't just yet :)

sent a somewhat angry email and they should expect a similar call tomorrow morning :)

ahh I don't know if that's the route to take but I might give them a ring tomorrow! but still I'm pretty sure I'll get a place.

OMG I marked the wrong box with ''no''. I thought that the gender sharing was for a room, and not an apartament... xD So I'm going to be in with girls only, I guess!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Mr.mojo

Hey everybody,I'M doing dentistry guys and havnt been accepted into trinty halls...I'm from Galway and they havnt offered me a place!Is there anybody who has a SPARE ROOM in decent accommodation near the TCD can you get back to me!!I'M in desperate need of a room with fellow trinners if possible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Mr mojo wait until Friday where the second round offers are out,that's what I'm doing.

Angry emails are not the way to go. A polite phonecall can do wonders though... but I'd still be on daft by now...

• Advertisement

Anyone got their confirmation email yet?

For anyone who cares, there are now only 636 numbers, the last one in column 1 isn't there anymore :? Maybe someone declined the offer?
    Possible good news for all you currently homeless people :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DolceFarNiente

Heya I'm also on the 'unreviewed' application list - rang up this morning and apparently they have gone through everyone, the system just doesn't get properly updated...so basically anyone that isn't on that sacred list hasn't got a place in halls :s Apparentely when a lot of applications were seen as of equal merit so they just used random selection...my hopes for the second round were kind of dashed as well - again they pick at random from a large number of failed applications for few rooms. The woman on the phone said chances were 'slight'. I've sent a email to be considered anyway. So...unfortunately barring some uncharacteristic good luck ooks like I'm going to have to find somewhere myself...slightly scary as I know no-one in Dublin and live way down in the south-west...Still, I suppose if all else fails I can find a nice strong cardboard box and squat in St Stephens Green...I mean location is all right???!!!

Heya I'm also on the 'unreviewed' application list - rang up this morning and apparently they have gone through everyone, the system just doesn't get properly updated...so basically anyone that isn't on that sacred list hasn't got a place in halls :s Apparentely when a lot of applications were seen as of equal merit so they just used random selection...my hopes for the second round were kind of dashed as well - again they pick at random from a large number of failed applications for few rooms. The woman on the phone said chances were 'slight'. I've sent a email to be considered anyway. So...unfortunately barring some uncharacteristic good luck ooks like I'm going to have to find somewhere myself...slightly scary as I know no-one in Dublin and live way down in the south-west...Still, I suppose if all else fails I can find a nice strong cardboard box and squat in St Stephens Green...I mean location is all right???!!!

I did say that earlier...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DolceFarNiente

Oops...sorry didn't read through properly...didn't sleep much last night :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lads just to confirm. Is it Friday the second round offers are?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭irishgirl10

My number is On the list but I still haven't got my email.. Should I be worried?

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Lads just to confirm. Is it Friday the second round offers are?

I phoned up and the lady said thursday or friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dublin newbie

I think I am in the same boat as all of you - rejected from Trinity Halls! Have you been looking at Griffith Halls or NCI accommodation as back-up? If so, do you know which are better?
    Obviously Trinity Halls would be the best but I am getting pretty desperate now as I live in England! And DAFT doesn't really appeal to me as I am very keen on getting the 'halls' experience

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Siobhan6

If you don't get a place in the first and second rounds of offers, it doesn't mean you won't get one. People drop out/arrange other accommodation a few weeks into term which frees up more rooms, it happened to my friend and few other people I know and they got a call like 2 weeks later to tell them there was a place for them if they wanted it! You'll just need to arrange accommodation for the first month or so =)

Advertisement