Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not on provisional list for Halls

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DolceFarNiente

Great!!! Me too, so who else is up for it? Once we have a definitive group we need to resolve one small issue...where we're going to live! Should we swap f/book details?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Stratercastguy

I'm an international student and I'm not on the list either so I'm quite put out! Anyone willing to share with an 18 year old, male, welsh, music student let me know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 lovetay

Great!!! Me too, so who else is up for it? Once we have a definitive group we need to resolve one small issue...where we're going to live! Should we swap f/book details?

Loool yeah :) pm me and i'll find you?

Ok I've PM'd you! How many do you think would be a good sized group - and how exactly do we manage this as we can't meet up?

Umm 4-6 maybe? I know we've got atleast 3 maybe four at the moment. I have no clue I think we need to get a proper group together and actually talk about what we all want and then see? :)

• Advertisement

Sounds like a plan! Ahh this is all so stressful...can't wait till uni actually starts and accom is sorted...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Raawron

I need somewhere to stay so im interested

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭not_so_civil

Count me in for this.
    Is it just me or is it mostly people from furthest away that didn't get in? like mayo, donegal, cork, northern ireland and england? You'd think people from those areas would get some sort of perferance

yayy, kayy so pm me facebook details and we can set up some sorta group?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 dublin newbie

I'm an international student and I'm not on the list either so I'm quite put out! Anyone willing to share with an 18 year old, male, welsh, music student let me know!

Feel free to join in on our little group if you want? We are trying to set up a little house for freshers with no home! Lovetay is organising talk to her!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Stratercastguy

lovetay wrote: »
    yayy, kayy so pm me facebook details and we can set up some sorta group?

Could I join? I might still be getting a room in hall but in the meantime I'm keeping my options open :)

Well there are defo enough people for a house now! @not so civil I know!!! It's really odd that we're all from places far from Dublin...though, I suppose that' might be the reason we're on here in the first place...

Can i join? really need a place to stay lol

Yeah sure don't see why not! - well I don't know really who's organising it/how to actually make this happen/whether 'it' exists in reality...but I'm sure someone will figure out a way to work this :) I think once it starts feeling more concrete it'll be easier...@Raawron what course are you doing (that is, if you find somewhere to sleep!)?

If anyone thats interested in this sends their fb via pm to either me or lovetay than we could sort out a fb inbox convo

I have found a few properties for 6 people that look nice i think but it would be great to all talk properly about what we all want

Yeah sure don't see why not! - well I don't know really who's organising it/how to actually make this happen/whether 'it' exists in reality...but I'm sure someone will figure out a way to work this :) I think once it starts feeling more concrete it'll be easier...@Raawron what course are you doing (that is, if you find somewhere to sleep!)?

Pharmacy, i reaaaly wanted the halls experience but living with 5 other like minded freshers should be a blast :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Crush525

I'm also in need of a place as I have had no luck with Hall if there's room in your group, if not, it's sweet.

Crush525 wrote: »
    I'm also in need of a place as I have had no luck with Hall if there's room in your group, if not, it's sweet.

heya - dont think anyone really knows whats going on so yeah by all means join! If you wanna send one of us your fb then im hoping we can set up an fb inbox by tonight maybe?

Ah cool I'm doing history/french, yeah I think so too - missing halls is v annoying but it could actually turn out really well, I think as long as you're with freshers it'll be a similar thing! @ dublin newbie I've PMd my facebook details to you...I'm going up to Dublin this week so can check out houses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 firstofthegang

I just mailed my fb to Dublin Newbie, so if I could get in on this (whatever 'this' turns out to be) that's brilliant! I'm really stuck otherwise. Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TexturedTie

DolceFarNiente & Lovetay! What are you guys gonna do about accomodation? I am lost! :/ also Dolce whereabouts? I'm from bantry myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 yellowgirl

Hey!
    I'm from waterford and didn't get a place in Halls either (though i did only get in on the second round so fair enough i suppose!)
    I'm really stuck for accommodation too as I know nothing about Dublin. I'm going up tomorrow to check out accommodation etc.
    Do ye guys still have room in this group thing? How many are there atm?
    pretty lost tbh but would just be happy to be with other trinners freshers! :)

yellowgirl wrote: »
    Hey!
    I'm from waterford and didn't get a place in Halls either (though i did only get in on the second round so fair enough i suppose!)
    I'm really stuck for accommodation too as I know nothing about Dublin. I'm going up tomorrow to check out accommodation etc.

I'm excatly the same....gotta hate second round offers :P Not getting halls is so annoying! what course are you doing?

No this group thing really isnt that organised feel free to join! If you want you can pm me your fb, we are organising everything through there.
    Hey!

Wow there are quite a lot of us, looking at houses now getting quite excited :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

Is it too late to join in?! :o I was working all day, and didnt get a chance to get on this!

Like a lot of ye, I'm from quite far way, I live on the Sligo/Mayo border, but I only got a second round offer aswell, so got in on the second round Trinity Hall applications and didnt get it! Did any of ye email about the cancellation waiting list?

ofcourse not! PM me your fb details and i'll add you to the group etc :)

I'm excatly the same....gotta hate second round offers :P Not getting halls is so annoying! what course are you doing?

Med! what are you doing? I called up Trinity Halls and I think they mainly gave the second round to international students, which is only fair really. Seems no-one from the second round really got in!

Orlagh123 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join in?! :o I was working all day, and didnt get a chance to get on this!

Like a lot of ye, I'm from quite far way, I live on the Sligo/Mayo border, but I only got a second round offer aswell, so got in on the second round Trinity Hall applications and didnt get it! Did any of ye email about the cancellation waiting list?

Yeah I put my name on that list. Did you get any confirmation email or anything cause I got no response!

• Advertisement

Med! what are you doing? I called up Trinity Halls and I think they mainly gave the second round to international students, which is only fair really. Seems no-one from the second round really got in!
    Jesus! Fair play! Ha! I'm doing history, can't wait to start! Yeah that's true, it is fair! Although there are loads of English people on this & cork is basically a foreign country! :P

Advertisement