Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

not on provisional list for Halls

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 TexturedTie

yellowgirl wrote: »
    Orlagh123 wrote: »
    Is it too late to join in?! :o I was working all day, and didnt get a chance to get on this!

Like a lot of ye, I'm from quite far way, I live on the Sligo/Mayo border, but I only got a second round offer aswell, so got in on the second round Trinity Hall applications and didnt get it! Did any of ye email about the cancellation waiting list?

Yeah I put my name on that list. Did you get any confirmation email or anything cause I got no response!
    I put my name down too and I got nothing back!

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Orlagh123

Yeah I put my name on that list. Did you get any confirmation email or anything cause I got no response!
    I put my name down too and I got nothing back!

No I got nothing back either! I thought thought they might send some sort of confirmation email just so you know they got it and you're on the list!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

No I got nothing back either! I thought thought they might send some sort of confirmation email just so you know they got it and you're on the list!
    No, there's too many applying for the list. Ring them up and ask them have they gotten your email about it, and ask them if they've had any cancellations etc.

Anyone else gone for Griffith halls?

I'm trying to decide if I should or not, I know there aren't many places left! It's just if something else came up, that'd be my second deposit lost, and I just couldn't afford that!

• Advertisement

I'm trying to decide if I should or not, I know there aren't many places left! It's just if something else came up, that'd be my second deposit lost, and I just couldn't afford that!
    Yeah I already lost mine from UCD.....I just went for Griffith after I emailed the warden at trinity hall and he said to sort other accommodation as halls is full and cancellations are unlikely to supply got demand!

Yeah I already lost mine from UCD.....I just went for Griffith after I emailed the warden at trinity hall and he said to sort other accommodation as halls is full and cancellations are unlikely to supply got demand!

Ha I'm in the exact same position, my deposit was from ucd! did you get a second round cao offer? ya it all comes down to whether you can hold out and see if anything comes up in halls, but its really hit or miss

Ha I'm in the exact same position, my deposit was from ucd! did you get a second round cao offer? ya it all comes down to whether you can hold out and see if anything comes up in halls, but its really hit or miss
    Awesome! Both got ripped off by UCD whooooo! :P yeah I got TCD 2nd round! What course you doing now? Yeah Griffith basically said they are nearly full but that could either be true or them trying to get people into rooms! True!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I'm going to Griffith

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I'm going to Griffith
    Awesome, did you get a single room? Are you going to TCD?

• Advertisement

Awesome! Both got ripped off by UCD whooooo! :P yeah I got TCD 2nd round! What course you doing now? Yeah Griffith basically said they are nearly full but that could either be true or them trying to get people into rooms! True!

I know! they said at first I might lose some of the payment aswell because while I had the room nobody else could have it but I didnt pay anything til the 2nd round just to see what happened, and it worked out!

Got Law and Business, went to random selection in the first and second rounds! what about you? Ya I was told the same thing by them aswell, but id say they probably are nearly full!

I know! they said at first I might lose some of the payment aswell because while I had the room nobody else could have it but I didnt pay anything til the 2nd round just to see what happened, and it worked out!

Got Law and Business, went to random selection in the first and second rounds! what about you? Ya I was told the same thing by them aswell, but id say they probably are nearly full!
    Yeah I got everything back except for my deposit...they should really give it back or cao should establish a policy! Congrats...that's crazy! :o big demand! I'm doing history! Yeah I'd say so...only shared rooms left :/

Yeah I got everything back except for my deposit...they should really give it back or cao should establish a policy! Congrats...that's crazy! :o big demand! I'm doing history! Yeah I'd say so...only shared rooms left :/

ha thanks, I was delighted! congrats to you aswell! :) I know, its such a money-making racket!

Did you apply for a twin room in Griffith? I was wondering if you apply for a single room, and they have none left, do they offer you a sharing room, or what happens?

ha thanks, I was delighted! congrats to you aswell! :) I know, its such a money-making racket!

Did you apply for a twin room in Griffith? I was wondering if you apply for a single room, and they have none left, do they offer you a sharing room, or what happens?
    Cheers :) it really is! Thank god we got there anyway! :D yeah I did...I'd say the waiting list is mad for single rooms. I'm not sure but I assume so! I'd say give them a ring to confirm! You going for Griffith so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 185 ✭✭ShamrockGirl

Hey All,

Just been let down by someone last minute. :(

I am renting an apartment in the City Centre, Bolton St, looking for one female to share twin room. The new link is: www.daft.ie/3645374

Any female who didn't get Halls and looking for accommodation please PM me at absolutely any time.

Cheers :) it really is! Thank god we got there anyway! :D yeah I did...I'd say the waiting list is mad for single rooms. I'm not sure but I assume so! I'd say give them a ring to confirm! You going for Griffith so?

I'm still undecided!! :confused: It says on the website that if you apply for a single room and they don't offer you one, you'll be refunded; but I wonder if you apply for a single room and they offer you a shared room instead, could you get your money back?

Go for it! :) that's grand so! give it a go anyway! yeah it says that if you apply for a room and don't get the type you want then you get a refund if you don't take it but if you do then its used as a deposit and to pay a bit of rent!

Go for it! :) that's grand so! give it a go anyway! yeah it says that if you apply for a room and don't get the type you want then you get a refund if you don't take it but if you do then its used as a deposit and to pay a bit of rent!

Im so indecisive!! I just had another look at the form; so basically if you only put down your first choice, and you don't get it, you'll get everything back; but if you put down a 2nd and 3rd choice, and they offer one of them to you, you won't be refunded?!

I'm really not sure to be honest! But I just went for Griffith because there's nothing else really! :/ I'd say give them a ring tomorrow to sort it out!

I'm really not sure to be honest! But I just went for Griffith because there's nothing else really! :/ I'd say give them a ring tomorrow to sort it out!

Ya I might just have to do that! Ugh the stress! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 yellowgirl

I'm thinking of going to Griffith too cause I kind of want to stay in a Halls type of thing in first yr! If there's a good few trinity first years there then it might be good craic! Only thing is, if you book into Griffith, your sort of stuck in and you won't be able to get into halls if people drop out after the upgrades and stuff! Ah stress! I went up there today, its pretty basic, no oven, the shower is literally a corner in the bathroom that you pull a curtain around, but, it has everything you need really! its two double rooms to an apartment, if i thought i could get in an apartment with 3 other first yr trinners girls, i would really consider it!

I'm thinking of going to Griffith too cause I kind of want to stay in a Halls type of thing in first yr! If there's a good few trinity first years there then it might be good craic! Only thing is, if you book into Griffith, your sort of stuck in and you won't be able to get into halls if people drop out after the upgrades and stuff! Ah stress! I went up there today, its pretty basic, no oven, the shower is literally a corner in the bathroom that you pull a curtain around, but, it has everything you need really! its two double rooms to an apartment, if i thought i could get in an apartment with 3 other first yr trinners girls, i would really consider it!

Ya definitely for first year it's a great idea! Is it just 2 sharing rooms and a bathroom per apartment? Ya that's what I'm afraid of, that if you book it you're stuck, but ya could be shooting yourself in the foot too if you don't book it and don't get Halls! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 IsobelG123

Hey I didn't get into halls so have just got a three bedroom flat 10 minutes walk from Trinity and need first year flatmates! email me ijgibbon@hotmail.co.uk if you want more information :)

Advertisement