Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FTP in Dreamweaver not working

Options
  • 29-08-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Hi People

Can any1 help with this , what it is i was using cs5 but i went up to cs5.5 now and my FTP in dreamweaver is not working when i keep trying to upload a file i get this message--

index.html - error occurred - An FTP error occurred - cannot put index.html. Access denied. The file may not exist, or there could be a permission problem. Make sure you have proper authorization on the server and the server is properly configured.

So i tryed FileZilla works fine so what i done then i removed all the site from the == Site==ManageSites == inside dreamweaver and more or less started over again mead a new root folder and so on

When i set the sever up i get this message--

The cache will now be recreated because the name, roof folder, HTTP address or cloaking settings of the site have changed

i dont ever mind this b4 is this something to do with it? if someone would have some idea would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Go back and check everything again.

I'm curious why you are not using Filezilla instead? The DW FTP is horrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

I'd guess because it's nice to do it all within one interface. But yeah, I agree (not that I use DW anymore).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Primarily because of ctrl-shift-u

Probably because of its check in/check out functionality, cloaking, synch notes, its integration with DreamWeaver and the rest of the Adobe suite.

Most FTP clients have the same functionality, FTP is not rocket science. What is DW lacking that would justify the headache and time wasted running a separate FTP client?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

cormee wrote: »
    What is DW lacking that would justify the headache and time wasted running a separate FTP client?

Notepad++ & Filezilla are probably more powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Giblet wrote: »
    Notepad++ & Filezilla are probably more powerful.

Filezilla, and set your default editor to dreamweaver!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭pjwhite99

i take it no1 has any ideas why it would not be working?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No, not really, but if you can connect with Filezilla with the same FTP settings, then I'm betting you a pint that DW have broken something in their latest release.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭pjwhite99

Yes maybe your right because Filezilla works fine, so did the older cs5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭yutta

I save all my files to a Dropbox folder on my Desktop which then automatically syncs with my server. God be with the days when I used FileZilla! I don't even have that installed anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

yutta wrote: »
    I save all my files to a Dropbox folder on my Desktop which then automatically syncs with my server. God be with the days when I used FileZilla! I don't even have that installed anymore.

Now that I like the sound of! What software do you use to synchronise? What's the lag between saving it in Dropbox and it being published on the www? How do you maintain backups?

I've been using Dropbox for ages but I've only just started using it for one site, as the drive for the local www files. Having different copies on different machines was my backup 'system' before then.

I already use it to store automatic backups from WordPress sites and it works brilliantly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement