Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to go before/after Ireland match

Options
  • 29-08-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,556 ✭✭✭

How's it going guys, me and a few others are heading up to the Ireland match in Lansdowne road on Friday night, staying in one of the lads college apartments afterwards so thinking of making a night of it while we're up there. Could anyone recommend any cheap pubs/clubs that might be worth going to? Hearing around the stadium is an expensive area. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Bueller?

Bueller?

Wexford St.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Stay away from the stadium area before the match unless you like crammed boozers and queuing for ages. If your going for pints before then stay in the city centre and get the dart to Lansdowne. I would recommend the woolshed on Parnell Street. They have jugs (3pints) for €10.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,349 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Sub bar under Tara Street is handy. €3.20 for draught pints and then DART to game. Not sure if it's open before five though but I'll be straight from work to there before game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Don't think the pints in the Berkeley Court Hotel (or D4 Hotel or whatever it's called now) are too expensive and they've loads of bar-staff on before a match. You might not get a seat but it's a handy place for a couple of quick ones before you head into the ground.

Advertisement