Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying alchemy type stuff.

Options
  • 29-08-2011 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Okay, this may seem a little eccentric but does anyone know where I can obtain alchemical apparatuses in the Carlow area? I refer to objects such as heat resistant beakers and bunsen burners and such. If no one is familiar with any shops that sell such products I have a few other items I need, such as rubbing alcohol (70% ethanol) and empty syringes with a 16 ( An 18 or 14/13 would be fine too) gauge needle. If anyone has seen any good offers on pressure cookers either that would also be nice.

And because this probably looks like I'm setting up a drug lab, I'm going to elaborate :D I'm taking a keen interest in Mycology and would like to breed edible mushrooms. The purpose of the syringe is to inject the spores without contaminating the sample, and likewise, the ethanol and the bunsen burner is needed to sterilise the working area. There is nothing I love more than a challenge and this seems like a toughie :cool:

Edit: I've heard you can purchase the needles from a pharmacist but I'd really rather avoid the strange looks. Could you even use a 16gauge to inject? It'd be like injecting with a pencil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭mickos

16 Gauge needles are used to inject large animals. You should be able to get the needle and syringe from any Vet shop. If you are in Carlow town, Oaklawns Vet Clinic on the old Dublin Road would be your best bet. Can't think of anywhere for the other items you need.
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭B_Fanatic

mickos wrote: »
    16 Gauge needles are used to inject large animals. You should be able to get the needle and syringe from any Vet shop. If you are in Carlow town, Oaklawns Vet Clinic on the old Dublin Road would be your best bet. Can't think of anywhere for the other items you need.
    Mick

Cheers Micko. Everything else could probably be purchased with a quick browse. I'd say the syringes were probably the toughest

Advertisement