Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adserver not responding, bottom of pages not loading

Options
  • 29-08-2011 8:13pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭

I’ve been having this problem on and off for the last 2-3 days. The ads are taking forever to load which in turn is preventing the bottom of pages from loading. In most cases this means the page stops loading just above the quick reply window. The rest of the page eventually loads after a few minutes. I’ve had this problem with Chrome and Safari on my laptop and also on my iPad. Blocking the ads fixes it, but this isn’t an option on the iPad. I’ve tried logging out, clearing cookies, etc, without any luck.

I was going to post this in Site Development, but I’ve been having this problem all day and I haven't seen anyone else mention it, so I assume it’s not a problem with the site. If it is on my end it must be a problem with UPC.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Same with me. Been happening for weeks now, though the delay is usually around 10 seconds or so.
    On UPC also, running latest Firefox. Always seems to be the adservertech that causes the delay.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's been okay for me the last couple of days.

Advertisement