Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google adsense

• 29-08-2011 8:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone here use this. Its come up on my youtube channel. Should I sign up too it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭robobobo

ye you've obviously got enough views on your youtube video so you've been offered a share of the adsense revenue on it

Basically you'll start to make money from your video - so don't see why you wouldn't want it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Dave Van Ronk

robobobo wrote: »

Basically you'll start to make money from your video - so don't see why you wouldn't want it

Unless of course the video is not your own, in which case the owner might claim & the video will be removed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,055 ✭✭✭✭cena

robobobo wrote: »
    ye you've obviously got enough views on your youtube video so you've been offered a share of the adsense revenue on it

Unless of course the video is not your own, in which case the owner might claim & the video will be removed.

well It came up cause my vids have matched 3rd party content.

They sent me an email too sign up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

So you got an e-mail from them stating that you can now monetize your videos, or is it just for a single video? Either way, yes sign up for it, but ensure that your videos are eligible for monetization by making sure that you either own all of the content in your videos, or that you are allowed to use them for commercial purposes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,948 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

How much money do they pay for this? Any ideas?

• Advertisement

Can't say for certain, my views on eligible videos aren't enough to get a general idea of the rates. Seems to be around €0.15 per 1k views, but it could theoretically be higher.

Unfortunately while I am happy I got account monetization, I still don't understand why I got it since I make gaming videos :/

TheChrisD wrote: »
    Can't say for certain, my views on eligible videos aren't enough to get a general idea of the rates. Seems to be around €0.15 per 1k views, but it could theoretically be higher.

Unfortunately while I am happy I got account monetization, I still don't understand why I got it since I make gaming videos :/

What i'm reading is that I make an ad of some sort etc. Is this what adsense is.

cena wrote: »
    What i'm reading is that I make an ad of some sort etc. Is this what adsense is.
    AdSense allows you to place ad units on your own websites, but you can't just sign up to AdSense and be able to put ads all over your YouTube, that's a separate mechanism.

How about you post a link to the video in question, or even a screenshot of the e-mail they sent? I see you mentioned that it matched 3rd-party content, so it's possible that the ads that are showing aren't for you, they are for the content owner who has chosen to put them on your video instead of taking it down for copyright.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    AdSense allows you to place ad units on your own websites, but you can't just sign up to AdSense and be able to put ads all over your YouTube, that's a separate mechanism.

How about you post a link to the video in question, or even a screenshot of the e-mail they sent? I see you mentioned that it matched 3rd-party content, so it's possible that the ads that are showing aren't for you, they are for the content owner who has chosen to put them on your video instead of taking it down for copyright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K56a7pnmKjU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Use it for the website and was contacted by Youtube about it, it's worth a try if it will make you some extra cash.

• Advertisement

OakeyDokey wrote: »
    Use it for the website and was contacted by Youtube about it, it's worth a try if it will make you some extra cash.

I don;t have a website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,145 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

If you sign up for AdSense, and start making money from it, then you become self-employed. This can affect eligibility for Jobseekers Benefit if you every become unempoyed. And you will need to pay tax on the income too.

I'm not saying "don't" ... just be aware of the full implications.

(Yes, I own websites that have adsense on them.)

Advertisement