Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ok to bottle yet?

Options
  • 29-08-2011 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Hi I have a Coopers wheat beer fermenting for 14 days now. Airlock activity is very slow. OG=1.041. Yeast: Safbrew WB06, Malt: 1.5kg liquid malt coopers. Maintained a temperature of approx 18-20 deg C throughout. A few FG measurements since Friday have been 1.016 giving a % alcohol of (1041-1016)/7.46 = 3.3% approx. Seems pretty weak. Allowing an extra 0.5% for bottle secondary fermentation / carbonation this brings it to 3.8%.
    Question - is it ok to bottle now?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭foghlu

Sounds about right, when you get the same reading for a few days in a row that means the yeast has done its work and its fermented. Still though wont do any harm to leave it longer if you want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Bugsyboy1

I did the same brew about a month ago. At the stage you are at I gave it a stir. It began to bubble again for about 3 days. I got the FG down to 1.012. Just make sure that the spoon is sterile. After 3 weeks in the bottle it's beginning to taste really smooth.

Advertisement