Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where do I find storage solution suppliers/ wholesalers??

Options
  • 29-08-2011 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi there, first time on boards looking for advice please!
    I would like to start up selling storage solutions/ organisation products that will help organise and de-clutter every area of the home. Howards Storage World in Carrickmines currently sells products in this genre.
    Where do I find suppliers or wholesalers in this genre of business?? Are there suppliers in Ireland? Or would I have to go looking to China?
    Is there a list of wholesalers and what they sell in Ireland anywhere by any chance?
    Should I be going to the Chamber of Commerce?
    Any advice on how I can start researching and finding products would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭TylerIE

Volvi wrote: »
    Hi there, first time on boards looking for advice please!
    I would like to start up selling storage solutions/ organisation products that will help organise and de-clutter every area of the home. Howards Storage World in Carrickmines currently sells products in this genre.
    Where do I find suppliers or wholesalers in this genre of business?? Are there suppliers in Ireland? Or would I have to go looking to China?
    Is there a list of wholesalers and what they sell in Ireland anywhere by any chance?
    Should I be going to the Chamber of Commerce?
    Any advice on how I can start researching and finding products would be much appreciated! Thanks!

What materials are the products made of?
    Are you looking to find existing products from various suppliers and put them all into one organisational / storage shop?
    Or are you looking for people to manufacture your ideas?
    I cant speak for Chambers but for the sourcing of products I dont think they would be of use. They may assist you in networking once you know what your doing, and have an idea where you will be based. Their website is here if you did want to ask them anything.

Based on a glance at Howards, If your looking at stuff like plastic boxes then a quick google of Plastics Manufacturers Ireland gets you some potentially useful results.

Googling "storage supplies ireland" gives you some idea as to whats out there already...

I havnt looked but while a lot of that stuff can be sourced from China, it may require a significant investment of time and finances to source and sample products and develop your product range, as you would really need to inspect all items for quality before ordering large quantities. If you did go that route there is a member on here who does advise on International Shipping. It may be equally viable to get items manufactured here be, plus they could then be marketed as being made in Ireland.

Howards also does a franchise... have you considered it or?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Volvi

Hi Tyler,
    Thanks a mill for the advice! Yes I would be planning to source various products from existing suppliers. I have found some products already I would like to stock but it's finding the supplier of these products that is the difficulty. And obviously the products I have found aren't enough to fill a shop. I wouldn't be interested in the HSW franchise I don't think. Thank you for the two google tips there, I appreciate the help! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭TheInquisitor

If its plastic boxes talk to someone like Whatmore or WhiteFurze. Then for storage boxes made out of wicker and straw etc talk to JVL and Sifcon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Volvi

Thanks a million, I'll look into those! :)

Advertisement