Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hardwareversand.de - delivery time more than 7 days

Options
  • 29-08-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Im going to order from hardwareversand, but two of the items say 'delivery time more than 7 days'.

Is this the time it takes Hardwareversand to receive the stock to then dispatch to me?
    Or the total time it takes for the item to get delivered to me once ordered?
    Or is this a sneaky way to say god knows when you will get this item?
    Im also guessing nothing gets posted until all items are in stock.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Some popular items get stocked pretty quick. Like when I ordered windows was out of stock but then it got back in stock the next day.

But general rule is if it's not in stock ready to dispatch (green bars) then don't order it.
    Delivery from hwvs is already pretty slow, ordering something that's not in stock and you'll be waiting weeks before you get your order.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

I ordered 14 items last Week, there were all there at the time, never checked the next day before I transfered funds untill after and 4 of them are "7 days blah blah":rolleyes:, ahh, they'll get here when they get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Hmm i noticed something funny with that myself. I had my build picked out for the past two days. I had been waiting on a 6990 that was suppose to come back in stock today and now its listed as "Delivery late, new date requested". So i went to look for another version and noticed that they now seem to be out of every 6990 and GTX 590 and all say "Delivery time more than 7 days".

I mean this seems really odd that they would be out of all versions of both cards at the same time.

They must keep very low stock of those cards or maybe the gossip is true and AMD will surprise us all with the 7000 series getting launched in 3 weeks with their new bulldozer processors. :rolleyes:

If i have to wait a week for them to get one in stock, i might just hold off and wait to see what bulldozer has to offer and start my build all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I think its because those are very high end cards which not many people buy so they only stock a few at a time.

I have noticed hwvs doesn't stock many high end, top of the shelf components. If you want the most expensive parts, then overclockers.co.uk is a better website as they usually have them in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

Not sure what to do. The items that I need that are out of stock are:
    Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T case and the Corsair Hydro Series H100 watercooler.

IM thinking both would be a popular item so they might get more stock in soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

On a related note: Do Hardwareversand give a definite delivery date or do you have to just keep checking the delivery companys tracker and hope you guess right on judging the day of arrival?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Bambi wrote: »
    On a related note: Do Hardwareversand give a definite delivery date or do you have to just keep checking the delivery companys tracker and hope you guess right on judging the day of arrival?

Yup. Again,one day before the item gets delivered to you it will show up on anposts site (enter the same tracking codes they provide you)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Loobz wrote: »
    Not sure what to do. The items that I need that are out of stock are:
    Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T case and the Corsair Hydro Series H100 watercooler.

IM thinking both would be a popular item so they might get more stock in soon.

I feel guilty now, i ordered the last H100 from them the other night. I opted for the NZXT Phantom though cause i wanted to fit a e-atx mobo. It Might be worth having a look at, if the 600T doesn't come into stock quickly, as it can house the H100 and is pretty much the same price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Ordered a PSU and CPU cooler from Amazon on the 29th, Landed on the 31st, couldn't believe it!:D

On topic: I think I was waiting around 10 days - 2 weeks for my case and monitor.

Duddy wrote: »
    Ordered a PSU and CPU cooler from Amazon on the 29th, Landed on the 31st, couldn't believe it!:D

On topic: I think I was waiting around 10 days - 2 weeks for my case and monitor.

Yeah amazon have unbelievable delivery times.

my 6950 dispatched on the 22nd and arrived on the 24th :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭Hal Emmerich

Teeheeheeeeeeeeeeeee, my stuff is on the way.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

I pulled the trigger on my order because 2 items had gone to "1 article remaining". After I clicked submit on the order I went back and refreshed my basket. The two items that had only 1 remaining in stock had gone to red bars and dispatch in 7 days etc. So it seems the website is updated immediately by the order system.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Yeah amazon have unbelievable delivery times.

my 6950 dispatched on the 22nd and arrived on the 24th :eek:

My order was dispatched on monday and it looks like it hasn't even made it out of germany yet :(

Bambi wrote: »
    My order was dispatched on monday and it looks like it hasn't even made it out of germany yet :(

Be sure to check the codes on anposts site. hardwareversand.de use DHL ground shipping so its not going to be as fast.

Advertisement