Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Presenting

Options
  • 29-08-2011 9:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey everybody, I'm a student going into 6th year tomorrow and would be interested to know how one becomes a radio presenter, as it is a career I am seriously interested in.

Any sort of advice/information/suggestions are welcome but in particular I am interested in finding out what pathways successful radio presenters have taken to get where they are today.
    For example I know that Gerry Ryan completed a law degree, worked in pirate radio stations and went on to join 2FM.

I await your replies :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

Get a job at a radio station.

Study at UCD. Maybe arts?

RTÉ is nearby. Serve tea to the presenters like Tubridy did. Although he wouldn't be the most desirable role model!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 TheBeetles

Thanks Jimmy,

Would a journalism course be a possible route into radio ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Jimmy Magee

• Registered Users Posts: 5 jimmylala

If you know what you want to do,ie radio I wouldn't do a arts degree- as its very broad. I would do a radio production degree or some journalism courses have radio production modules.

Advertisement