Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Road

• 29-08-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi anyone know what happened on Cork Road earlier guards had it blocked off

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭next

tramore rd was blocked also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭skinnyboy

Could of bein a road block,an elderly couple were robbed and tied up in the saleen area last night,just seein it on teletext on rte,could be why roads were blocked off??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

There were fire engines in the small business park where Instore used to be around 9 o clock so maybe that had something to do with why the roads were closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

There were several fire engines coming and going past the road block at Kingfisher gym on the Tramore road around 8 o'clock and my house mate said she saw smoke earlier.

Slightly related, I've never seen such ridiculous driving as I did by some of the people turning around at that road block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭Libby029

My work mates were saying there seem to be a huge fire yesterday evening, that they could see the flames and a huge amount of smoke and they live near Paddy Brownes Road, they said that it looked like the Tramore Road area.. but there was nothing about it today on WLR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

How strange. WLRfm are usually on the ball for reporting up to the minute news...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

skinnyboy wrote: »
    Could of bein a road block,an elderly couple were robbed and tied up in the saleen area last night,just seein it on teletext on rte,could be why roads were blocked off??

Ya, an elderly defenceless couple tied up and robbed last night.
    The people that did this are total and utter scum. hope they are followed to the ends of the earth and caught and get what they deserve. COWARDS.!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Libby029 wrote: »
    My work mates were saying there seem to be a huge fire yesterday evening, that they could see the flames and a huge amount of smoke and they live near Paddy Brownes Road, they said that it looked like the Tramore Road area.. but there was nothing about it today on WLR

I was in Greenfields last night and I could see a fire on the hill on the left side as you go out the Tramore Rd. There were 2 fire engines there at that time. Didnt hear anything more about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭SillyMcCarthy

SheFiend wrote: »
    How strange. WLRfm are usually on the ball for reporting up to the minute news...

What planet are you from?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Heard there was a fire on the hill there on the Ballindud to Super Quinn road. On your left there, where the watchtower is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

What planet are you from?
    Planet sarcasm. You? ;)

Advertisement