Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc Build €1500...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Redhood

Any suggestions welcome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

I would make three changes,

Cheaper RAM which is just as good,
    8GB-Kit G.Skill RipJaws-X PC3-12800U CL9 €43.85

A better SSD
    Crucial M4 128GB SSD 6,4cm (2,5") €159.59

A better HDD
    Samsung SpinPoint F3 1000GB, SATA II (HD103SJ) €44.35

Do you really need a BlueRay drive? There isn't much need for one in a PC just yet unless you want to watch BlueRay movies from a BlueRay disc. Most people just get DVD-RW drives as that is usually all you would use in a PC.

And since your getting the very overclockable 2500k with a overclockable motherboard why not get a good CPU cooler so you can get the most out of your hardware?
    Cooler Master Hyper TX3, alle Sockel €17.01
    Scythe Mugen 3, für alle Sockel geeignet €34.95
    Corsair Hydro Series H60 (Sockel 775/1156/1366/AM2/AM2+/AM3/FM1) €52.93
    They are some of the best coolers in their price ranges. Scythe Mugen 3 being the best value cooler as it's cheap but will give some impressive results.

Thanks for that, will be oc'ing but left out the cooler. Have no idea about the ssd, haven't heard much about them other than the are quick but unreliable but thought i'd try one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

Some SSD's are unreliable, like the OCZ drives for example :)
    That's why I linked you to the Crucial M4 as it's a very reliable drive. Plus it's SATA3 where as the Vertex 2 you had is only a SATA2 so the M4 will have a higher throughput.

Depending on how much overclocking you want to do you might want a better cooler but the Mugen 3 is plenty fine for a 4.5Ghz OC on the i5.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭omerin

I'm no expert, but for that kind of budget why not an i7?

• Advertisement

Didn't go for an i7 as i'll only be really using it for gaming. An i7 would be wasted I think so not really worth the extra 100 or so

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Dave_D

Yep, I'm with Fluffy88's opinion on the SSD. I have a OCZ Vertex 2 120GB that has just died on me. No warnings or anything. My PC went to sleep and wouldn't waken up :) The BIOS does not recognise it anymore. Apparently (going by the Net) the memory is very reliable, but the controller for the memory is NOT reliable. Just Google Vertex 2 and 'died' or 'dead' etc. You will find loads of threads with people in the same boat. I don't know about Crucial or Intel drives etc. But I know I won't buy OCZ drives again.

Advertisement