Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What age is Fungi the Dolphin

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Yeah he is alive and well, heard it from someone from Dingle today.

Thats settled then

Yeah he is alive and well, heard it from someone from Dingle today.

Thank Christ, I haven't been able to sleep since last August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,506 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

R na Gaeltachta caused panic a few years back for April Fool's day -announced he had gone over to Valentia island to live!!He doesn't jump as high if the boats have been busy in and out, best time to see him really jump is early morning, you can walk out on the path past the Skellig hotel. He is usually to be seen there, just over the hillock at Hussey's folly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

The original fungi was killed in a boating accident. That's what happens when we swim in front of large vessels. Last I heard, fungi was on his 6th reincarnation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Comer1

D1stant wrote: »
    My name is Fungi McCloud from the pod McCloud I am 978 years old. I am immortal

Excellent :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

The original fungi was killed in a boating accident.

What was fungi doing driving a boat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

real stig wrote: »

What was fungi doing driving a boat?

Joyriding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Blissy

I use to work for the Fungi boats and I've heard all the theories about him like nets at the mouth of the harbour, robotic dolphins etc. My favourite one I like to tell people when the ask about him is that we buy a new one off the fleets that supply seaworld every few years.

And just for those who ponder about Fungi's sexuality, he is not gay, though Dolphins are known to indulge in bisexuality, he frequently has female visits. The theory for why he has remained on his own for so long is that he is a release from a dolphinarium, which began to close all over the UK in the 80's, thus he had no pod and was used to the company of humans. Dingle, a busy harbour with lots of humans and food, was a perfect place to live.

Bottlenose dolphins in captivity have been known to live up to 60 years, and it is estimated that Fungi is in his late 30's/ early 40's, so hopefully he'll have a few more years :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement